Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarity Swap System, Good, But Not Good Enough!

D3ST

oh after dam 2.0 it still mattered to anyone who ruined a gun or bought a new one with preforma'd slots in dumb places. ie i just fixed my jat kittag for making that mistake.

ironically if a weapon has slots pre forma'd you can't rearrange the slots until you put your own forma on.

I totally agree! When I heard of the polarity changes, I thought that was what they meant, we can now change the Polarity of the slots we have forma'ed so we can change a V slot to a D or I slot whenever we want so we can easily change to a new kind of build whenever we wanted. We already spent a forma on that slot and already did the necessary leveling up! DE !!!!!!!!

You know how OP it sounds? Also you made the decision and it's final

Thanks Morte for the most descriptive explaination yet. I think I am getting my head arround it.

This starts clearinjg up other matters I have been pondering on for a while.

In your example you explain how Heta und slot 1 and Frost on slot 2 merge to become a Blast. Have I understood that correctly. If yes this explains to me why I cant ever fdin the "Blast" or Corrosive" Mod, as these are combinations and not seperate cards. How many times I have been told to aplly a Corrosive mod, and im thinking, damm I dont have that Mod. Im nearly Rank 9 in the game, but I have poorly misunderstood this. I hope I am starting to realise how it works now :) 

So just to get it straight, the so called Combined Elements like Blast, Corrosive, Gas, Magnetic, Radiation and Viral are obtained by combining the Elemental Damage Mod cards in the correct order?

Unfortunatley exaclty the pictures i wanted to see, the LOAD ORDER, are not showing on Wiki, but yes, I now see the reason behind swapping polarity positions.

Thanks guys!

Edited by Veemaxt

You know how OP it sounds? Also you made the decision and it's final

Lol. I totally sounded like someone who thinks everything is suppose to be entitled to me, thus, I apologize, I wasn't in the best state of mind when I was typed that.

But I still think the idea of being able to change the polarity of the slot you have forma'ed a better addition to the whole mod system. How exactly does changing the polarity that I had forma'ed make the weapon more OP? I mean, if I wanted to maybe play a very utility-heavy kind of secondary weapons, I need a lot of those I polarity slots to equip mods that reduce reload time, more ammo, more aim etc. But because of the fact I forma'ed the polarity slot to a V slot, which are suited for the damage mods like Hornet strike, multishot etc, I can only equip all those damage mods, therefore, I am unable to change up the gun and my playstyle with that weapon.

What I'm trying to say is, Forma shouldn't reduce the ways you can use your weapon, etc Polarise all the slots into V slots to add in all the Damage, Multishot mods, thus you can't put any of those other mods that have different polarity slots.

Instead, enable you to customize the gun to your playstyle whenever you feel like playing a different playstyle. Like using the weapon for fun instead of turning it into the most effective killing machine weapon.

EDIT: instead of you know, using forma to change the slot to another polarity.. just because you decided to try a new build with that weapon..

Edited by W4RH3AD

I thought of a solution to all of this back before we knew what the polarity solution was going to be. 

Basically it would work exactly the same as polarity movement works now with the exception that there would be a reserve where extra polarity slots can be stored. For example say you have 4 v slots and 4 - slots, you could then move one of the v slots into reserve forma the weapon again and add another -. Later you could swap them in and out at will. This would allow for more than 8 forma to be used on a weapon and still have a purpose, as well as allow players to build all kinds of different styles of things. It would also benefit DE by encouraging even more use of forma, in a way that isn't just to correct build errors which can be frustrating.  

I thought of a solution to all of this back before we knew what the polarity solution was going to be. 

Basically it would work exactly the same as polarity movement works now with the exception that there would be a reserve where extra polarity slots can be stored. For example say you have 4 v slots and 4 - slots, you could then move one of the v slots into reserve forma the weapon again and add another -. Later you could swap them in and out at will. This would allow for more than 8 forma to be used on a weapon and still have a purpose, as well as allow players to build all kinds of different styles of things. It would also benefit DE by encouraging even more use of forma, in a way that isn't just to correct build errors which can be frustrating.  

That does seem like the most possible solution if ever DE wanted to change the polarity system again.

The system as it is is great.as tennos we should put more thought into our builds becore adding those formas. I love the fact that you can now rearrange the order.. If this had been in place 2 months ago, it would have saved me 2 formas, for the very reason i just mentioned - i never paid enough attention. My build worked out in the end, and those 7 polarised made almost any build combo possible on my baby lex's

DE. i really like the new system where we can swap polarity slots,

its definetly a step in the right direction, but its not what i was hoping for.

What I wanted, is to be abel to change a polarity to another polarity ( a "V" to a "-" for instance)

This would enable us to mess around with different setups for our weapons and frames,

and be abel to adapt, when new mods are introduced,..(< this is the importent part)

And for the love of god,.....

Please change the "D" polarity on the frost elemental mods, to a "-" to fit all the rest of the elemental mods!

OR implement this proposed system, and all those problems would be solved!!

Fellow Tenno,

whats your opinions on this subject?

Sorry but I'm going to say no to this idea.  It makes forma use not necessary.  We got what we asked for.  Your post gives me the impression that you do not want to do the work of building a weapon's loadout.

Also the reason I think ice has a D polarity is because the D polarity is for defense which ice had a defense mechanic to it.  It changed in 2.0 so to be honest I am not sure i am comfortable with them changing it but I also do not see a downside to them changing it or see it hurting anything.  Just my opinion.

Edited by Zaresin

I actually cant see the point of swapping the position of where my polarised slot is ??

I am missing something here. If i move my slot 1 place down, what for ? Whats use do i get from that '?

If you used forma before Damage 2.0 then the order did not matter, afterwards it does because it affects which elemental effects you build for because the order of elemental mods now does matter.

DE. i really like the new system where we can swap polarity slots,

its definetly a step in the right direction, but its not what i was hoping for.

What I wanted, is to be abel to change a polarity to another polarity ( a "V" to a "-" for instance)

This would enable us to mess around with different setups for our weapons and frames,

and be abel to adapt, when new mods are introduced,..(< this is the importent part)

adapt, when new mods are introduced,..

Have you ever thought about what is the best polarity for mods you are going to use on that gun/frame before using forma or you just slap some polarity you think is the best at that moment?

I have no problem with polarities even after Damage 2.0 and I can use different builds on my frames and weapons because I polarize it SMART and introduction of corrupted mods made no impact on my frames and weapons. The only difference after Damage 2.0 is that you need to leave 1 empty slot between 2 - polarities for different builds.

Soma crit build layout as example, differs for other weapons.

PnL1oHa.jpg

Edited by Buldozers