The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titanfall Beta

eStecko

No, I was asking if Titanfall has a framerate limit of 60fps.

There's been no word about it given the first occasion to play the PC version will be through this beta. It's running off of the Source engine but it doesn't mean they didn't hardlock the FPS at 60.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the game plays out; from the looks of it, it looks like a cross between CoD (makes sense, considering Respawn is made from former Infinity Ward employees) and a slightly dumbed down HAWKEN. Considering I love the latter, my hope is that it'll rekindle the interest I had for the former years ago.

No idea.

I just saw a video about a first look, maybe I didn't get it properly because of background noises but I heard something of a framerate cap. 

AND NOTHING IS WORSE THAN A SH!TTY DEVELOPER WHO THINKS THIS WAS FUNNY

Such things already indicate that the developer is totally dang retared. Therefore, the game must be crap as well.

I am done.

I have no idea what you want to tell us with this statement.

He wants to tell you that there's no point going above 60fps really. Your eyes can't tell the difference.

Now, if it were capped at 30 or something, then there would be reason for concern.

that you shouldnt care about an hard lock at 60 FPS since you cannot see the difference between 60 and 70/80/90/100 FPS, as long as you have a stable 60 FPS with no drops it doesnt matter.

Still don't get whatcha trying to tell me.

Ok, let's take gaming for instance. Normally the framerate correlates with the frame time. Since the frame time indicates at which interval one frame is being rendered, it also determines how a gaming scene is being split into multiple frames. If you play a fps like racing simulations or shooters, your in-game point of view plays an important role for the overall visual experience. Any effect that necessarily needs time to get rendered (for example real motion blur) unlike static elements (like textures) will profit from the highest possible framerate. Depending on the individual player, differences between frametimes can be distinguished easily under eight milliseconds what equals 125 frames per second. This concerns rapid changing scenes; other games like Chess won't need that. Therefore, monitors with 140hz and more have been developed, especially for gaming purposes.

So, I wonder what you mean when you say I shouldn't care about a hard lock. Maybe you mean something different than I am talking about.

He wants to tell you that there's no point going above 60fps really. Your eyes can't tell the difference.

Now, if it were capped at 30 or something, then there would be reason for concern.

Depends on person-by-person experience. Some people can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps. Other people can tell the difference between 30, 60, 120 or 250 fps, especialy playing above 60hz. Yet from 120 and above, the difference is more like that you feel the gameplay is smoother.

The big thing with games is, that they are not movies (obviously). What i want to say is that you play the game. You have direct control and that is where fps matters. In movies there is classic 24.98fps and it's like our 60fps standard. If you go above to 48, you can see more and the lighting works differently, so you can spot CGi easily, costumes and fabricated enviroment look more... false. First Hobbit movie is a perfect example.

But some people will not spot this. Depends on experience.

And it looks awkward.

And i would say that many of Warframe's animations are awkward at best. Opinions will differ, but i will say that it looks and feels better then wallruning in Warframe. Mirror's Edge still leads in that regard.

Another game with the 'beta' gimmick. 

Eh... nope.

Although most probably forced by EA for marketing reasons while also getting feedback for bugfixing.

Ahh -_- Playing right now and I'm one of the ones with the texture graphic bugs w/e atm. Something with Intel graphics card compatibility. Other than that damn, runs smoooooth Lol and very fun.

Fast pace and I feel balanced too. Only time will tell once more weapons are unlocked, since they will do more damage, by how much idk.

I do love their wall running alot more than Warframe, it is stupidly simple. The tutorial was a blast and lasted less than 10mins yet went thru 11 steps and teaching you everything that you needed to know.

I wish wall running here was as easy. Jumping from wall to wall on TF whew, lovely, here I still have problems and fall off.

The reason I failed my Mastery rank 11 test 3 times ::(  mostly because of bad mouse.

So yea, this is a good game. they def have to fix the problem with Intel users or show us how to fix it ourselves.

I remember there was a beta thread here so I came to put my input in, plus I'm bought to restart pc to restart TF to see if fixes posted on their forums fix my ingame issues

Like many others, I'm waiting on the patch to fix texture issues for Intel users. Can't make out enemy players :( everything else is fine, game runs really smooth, since they have dedicated srvs I believe.

But back to Warframe till their patch  :\