Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinlock's Accuracy

BoomyGordo

Maybe its just me but the grinlock seems to have non perfect accuracy. with no mods on Ive aimed at grineer at mid range and fired 3 times and only gotten 1 hit while aiming center of mass. Ive seen bullet impact effects off to the side of the recticle (some times very far off) and many times use an entire clip trying to hit one person because for some reason or other the shots didnt land where i was aiming.

NO i do not have heavy caliber on.

I haven't noticed any drastic lapses in accuracy, however one thing that bugs me is that I can't shoot from running; instead the game just stops me running and doesn't fire the shot. Due to the zero recoil of the grinlock, do you think that this might be what happened?

Maybe its just me but the grinlock seems to have non perfect accuracy. with no mods on Ive aimed at grineer at mid range and fired 3 times and only gotten 1 hit while aiming center of mass. Ive seen bullet impact effects off to the side of the recticle (some times very far off) and many times use an entire clip trying to hit one person because for some reason or other the shots didnt land where i was aiming.

NO i do not have heavy caliber on.

It was marketed by DE as a gun that you can aim carefully, or take your time shooting. The best way i can describe this is listen to the gun. Wait for it to make a small click after reloading. Dont just spam the trigger if you want to have perfect accuracy.

I haven't noticed any drastic lapses in accuracy, however one thing that bugs me is that I can't shoot from running; instead the game just stops me running and doesn't fire the shot. Due to the zero recoil of the grinlock, do you think that this might be what happened?

Its the same way with several other weapons. It takes a moment for you to bring the gun up to your shoulder.

Vecits 13.3 grinkock 28.6 higher is better

lanka is not hitscan so the numbers do not mean the same

Vectis hits on the center of the reticle every time, without fail, unless you have Heavy Caliber equipped. Your number comparison doesn't mean much if the Grinlock can't do the same thing.

Vecits 13.3 grinkock 28.6 higher is better

lanka is not hitscan so the numbers do not mean the same

Sniper rifles have a different rating system than rifles. Sniper weapon have a different aim value when used with the aim key.

Example Snipetron vandal:

Hip Accuracy  [8.00, 23.00]

Hip Accuracy Rate 12

Hip Acc. Recovery Rate 70

Hip Acc. Recovery Delay 0.05

Aimed Accuracy [0.00, 15.00]

Aimed Accuracy Rate 12

Aimed Acc. Recovery Rate 70

Aimed Acc. Recovery Delay 0.05

The number displayed for sniper rifles, is just a measurement these stats.

Edited by LazyKnight

Vectis hits on the center of the reticle every time, without fail, unless you have Heavy Caliber equipped. Your number comparison doesn't mean much if the Grinlock can't do the same thing.

That is the point of this thread, the grinlok is advertised as pin point accurate, but the thread starter said it is not

Edited by Kyphe

OK latron vs snipetron

Hip accuracy  latron 06 to 13, snipe 08 to 23

Aim accuracy latron 00 to 07, snipe 00 to 15

Now do we know what these numbers mean ? is lower better as in it represents deviation from center given that aim numbers are lower than un aimed it looks that way.

the single viper has 7,5 to 17.5 hip accuracy and the twin 12 to 23

so even by this table the latron is more accurate than the snipetron, and the grinlok has the same published accuracy stats as the latron.

however

This is where zoom comes in, if the number represents the deviation from the center of the reticule to the outside edges of that reticule, when the size of the reticule stays the same no matter what the level of zoom is. Then a sniper with a high zoom will have a deviation from the center of a head sized target much further away and so be relatively more accurate at that long range shot as the reticule on a low zoom rifle will be much bigger and any percentage deviation will be magnified inversely.

Edited by Kyphe

Now do we know what these numbers mean ? is lower better as in it represents deviation from center? or is bigger numbers better

The lower the number the better, I am pretty sure that the number is deviation on X and Y axis. Pwnatron did not explain what each value did for weapons, and it was for U9.6. Some of the weapons have been changed, such as Kunai.

This is speculation on my part, but I think that the displayed number of 13 for sniper rifles factors recoil and recovery rate.

This is where zoom comes in, if the number represents the deviation from the center of the reticule to the outside edges of that reticule, when the size of the reticule stays the same no matter what the level of zoom is. Then a sniper with a high zoom will have a deviation from the center of a head sized target much further away and so be relatively more accurate at that long range shot as the reticule on a low zoom rifle will be much bigger and any percentage deviation will be magnified inversely.

This could be true.

Edited by LazyKnight