Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me, Or Does Oberon Kinda Suck?

(PSN)Hooligonzo

After waiting 3 days to get this haggard paladin-looking Warframe online, my jaw veritably (but not literally) dropped after I went into his Upgrade menu after a quick fight for a few levels.

Standard four Ability polarity slots.

Three other polarity slots, one of which is a polarized Aura slot, and all of them that V thing.  That V thing that I just looked up and found to be the Attack polarity.

There are five (5) Warframe modifications of that polarity, one of which is a Corrupted mod that doesn't drop anymore.  There are another three (3) Aura cards, all of which are respectable, and really Aura cards are a perfect mechanic in the game even if you're using the wrong polarity mod in that slot.

I have only found one (1) Warframe mod of this Attack polarity the entire time I've been playing.  That card is Provoked.  That is the card that boosts your damage while you're on the ground bleeding out after having your &#! kicked.

Can someone walk me through why it's a good thing for Oberon to be so exceptionally Attack polarized?  I was prepared to shrug off that I only had the one Attack polarity card, but after researching that there are only five (5) Attack polarity cards at all, four of which the game still drops ... well, I found it all very off-putting and think I should just sell the Oberon off to free up the Warframe slot.  After 3 and a half days of producing the jerk, a few hours of farming up all the blueprints, and whatever pile of components went into him.

The other two warframe V polarity mods are Continuity, which extends the duration of abilities, and Focus, which increases their power. They're pretty useful. Also, the V aura polarity is not so bad to have right now, because you can put a maxed Steel Charge and get an absolutely ridiculous 28 extra mod energy, reducing the need for Formas.

Oberon is viable, versatile and fun imo, his damage skills are good and he is the second best healer ( after Trinity which doesn't have damage skills). The 2 V polarity slots are bullS#&$, DE keeps making more and more warframes with this polarity combo and they don't release nearly enough V mods.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Oberon is viable, versatile and fun imo, his damage skills are good and he is the second best healer ( after Trinity which doesn't have damage skills).

The 2 V polarity slots are bullS#&$, DE keeps making more and more warframes with this polarity combo and they don't release nearly enough V mods.

false. Focus and Blind rage are perfect.

I was pretty disappointed to see two V slots for this chump, too. Wouldn't be so bad if there was a better selection of V mods. Focus is pretty useful, but the only other one I can think of is continuity, which i don't have yet.

while we're talking about warframe polarity, I wish the ability mods didn't need to have polarity at all. Perhaps there's a good reason for it that I'm not thinking of, but why make the ability mod cost 10 and then have ability slots that cut it in half? Most warframes have at least 1 useless ability and it sucks that you have that 4th ability slot you either leave empty or slide something useful into for a higher energy cost. Just cut the cost of the ability mods in half and lose the entire ability polarity mechanic, IMO. How nice would it be to have the extra flexibility of using those slots for more useful mods without the extra energy cost? 

false. Focus and Blind rage are perfect.

Focus, Blind range do the same thing, but what if the player doesn't want to boost power damage?

He's left with continuity, provoked (that sorry excuse of a mod) and rage (which has a really small niche).

And to top it off they are all rare mods (except for freakin' provoked), some players don't have half of these mods ffs!

Now look at all the variety and options you have with  -- and D polarities, if you still think there are enough V mods you are crazy.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Man, I threw a Forma onto Excalibur because I didn't even need 4 Ability slots.  Super Jump is next to useless, Slash Dash I might fall in love with one day but not any day soon.  I only ever use Radial Blind and Radial Javelin, so I threw a Forma down to convert an Ability slot to a Tactical slot.

I've been much happier with Excalibur since.  If I ever really want to play with his full set of four abilities again, I'll be able to swallow a maxed Slash Dash at 3 points pretty easily in a blank slot.

And that's what Oberon looks like, right now.

Focus, Blind range do the same thing, but what if the player doesn't want to boost power damage?

He's left with continuity, provoked (that sorry excuse of a mod) and rage (which has a really small niche).

And to top it off they are all rare mods (except for freakin' provoked), some players don't have half of these mods ffs!

Now look at all the variety and options you have with  -- and D polarities, if you still think there are enough V mods you are crazy.

same thing but more dmg  is pretty much great lol.

if they dont want to  boost their dmg... then how are they going to succeed missions with oberon. really dont need duration mods  on him lol

and ya. if he doesnt have mods..  better farm or ask for help or buy/ trade. :P

Despite the stupid v polarities he comes with and weak armor, I did grow to like him. The right mods can make his Reckoning ability pretty useful for crowd control and takes a fraction of the animation time that mag's crush ability does (sheesh). The renewal ability is ok in a pinch, but they need to speed up the stupid healer balls so they can actually catch up to a sprinting warframe. Don't really use hallowed ground and I find that smite is incredibly aggravating to catch a target with (bullet attractor is equally as annoying to use, but is much more useful imo). 

Reckoning spawning health orbs is very nice and makes equilibrium a pretty obvious choice. (because health orbs aren't really an issue, I think it makes sense to use Redirection, rather than Vigor. (You'll get much more shield from redirection and reckoning will make for plentiful health orbs to keep your health up and equilibrium will help maintain a good energy supply (even though it only works like that when you can actually collect the orbs). 

That 2nd V polarity slot is killing me, though. 

if they dont want to  boost their dmg... then how are they going to succeed missions with oberon. really dont need duration mods  on him lol

It all depends on the kind of build you want to do, if you wants to do a damage build great, but if you don't then you're screwed unless you throw forma at it and not all the warframes with 2 V polarities do as great as Oberon with a damage build. Other warframes don't have this problem, they have many more options from the start, with more mods to choose from many of which are easier to find. The number of V mods for warframes is just stupidly low.

Edited by CubedOobleck