Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phage Sucks

--Q--Davorito--Q--

it's very disadvantageous for hit-and-run strategy.

Then maybe it wasn't made for that?

The phage is just fine, it's crazy powerful and very unique.

Problem with the spread? Tainted Shell is waiting for you. BOOM, equipped for "run and gun."  Further sign of an interesting weapon. You're able to mod for pretty decent changes in style. Go ham.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Yeah that's the idea... there's extra damage and an extra drawback. If you don't like setting up and then beaming everything to death non-stop for a bit, then it's not the weapon you're looking for.

Not sure why, but every shooter game I play has this demographic that is attracted to odd weapons but then insists on trying to use them like assault rifles and declares them under powered or 'suck' when that doesn't work out. Frustrated me to no end on Planetside2. Really hope DE doesn't give in and dumb all the weapons down.

According to one of the devs in a previous thread, focus is supposed to work similar to LMG windup.

It is presently bugged and may be fixed. I'm typing on my cell at present so can't find the link, but I will do so later if someone hasn't already.

It is supposed to narrow on zoom, but it isn't supposed to lose all of its narrowing when you stop firing. The bug is that you lose all of it.

Phage is one of the most innovative weapons I've come across in a long time. I haven't encountered anything like it in all my years of gaming.

With regards to power it does well too. We really shouldn't have the full power of the focused tentacles for run and gun. The weak spread tentacles are good enough for light enemies. Focusing should be necessary on heavy enemies.

If the spread/focus mechanic didn't exist then the gun would simply be a viral synapse.

Edited by sushidubya

Phage is one of the most innovative weapons I've come across in a long time. I haven't encountered anything like it in all my years of gaming.

With regards to power it does well too. We really shouldn't have the full power of the focused tentacles for run and gun. The weak spread tentacles are good enough for light enemies. Focusing should be necessary on heavy enemies.

If the spread/focus mechanic didn't exist then the gun would simply be a viral synapse.

Indeed. I think the game just found itself one hell of an iconic weapon!

If you don't like the spread, try adding Tainted Shell to your Phage. You'll lose a bit of firerate but the more focused beams (and quicker zoom in focus) more than make up for it.

Alternatively, if you zoom in then zoom out while continuing to fire, your beams will stay focused as if you were still zoomed in.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

I really like this weapon, personally. Here's a fun anecdote - when running Lephantis recently for Orokin Cells, I was using my Synapse with 6 forma in it. Heavy Caliber, Shred, all the best mods I can muster for it, and it was doing excellently, as usual.

I decided to take my Phage, at 1 Forma at this point, and spec it out properly to kill Lephantis (which meant adding Corrosive damage), and give it a try. Wouldn't you know it, it brought down Lephantis even faster than my Synapse does.

Quick tip - when you focus with alt. fire, you can release the alt. fire and keep the same spread.

I just ran an Infested alert for credits recently, playing solo using Ember - as you do. With the Phage specced for killing Infested, I barely used World on Fire more than once. I did a few times just out of spite against Toxic Ancients and everyone they've ever loved, but it was rather nice to not need it at all when the Infested began swarming. The Phage performs beautifully, though there was a moment I wished for punch-through on it. Those moments pass very quickly though, due to how fast the Phage ate mass quantities of Infested faces that day.

I'm tiredly looking at the Phage, seeing that I'll have to likely put 3 more Forma into it before I'd call it "complete" - but as it is right now, with "only" 1 Forma added, and once again at 30, this gun is a true terror to all factions, as long as you mod it properly.

• 4 weeks later...

People might say the phage is a sophisticated weapon and that dumb players want it to play like a rifle but in fact it is just the weapon that is dumb, actually the dumbest weapon ever... its like running around with a huge brush cleaning everything... its warframe dumb mode.

Edited by Orbister

I hope DE changes the firing mechanism of the phage because zooming is a pain in the butt and it's very disadvantageous for hit-and-run strategy. If it was focusing its beams by itself at least, it would've been a much better improvement.

LOL, you have absolutely no idea how beautiful this weapon is.

This ABSOLUTE MONSTER at four forma and the correct exceedingly rare mods, is capable of holding entire HALLWAYS at bay.

At two forma, low to mid level content gets shredded, and you have a resetting beam width that with increased spread allows one to simply spin slowly and decimate enemies en mass. This is a fantastic feature when energy is low and you're being swarmed.

Sit back and think of potential the Phage has, instead of the one thing you dislike.