Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Narrow Minded And Fleeting Expertise On Nyx?

izzatuw

Question

So do I need these mods to actually make her good? Narrow minded seems cool but is there any mod to balance out the range affect? And is there any other mod besides NM and Continuity to make absorb and chaos last longer? Is fleeting expertise needed if I have flow, streamline and Vespa helm?

22 answers to this question

Overextended counters narrowminded but honestly maximized power duration is not that great on nyx because it leaves you unable to counter respawns unless you have already killed everything else and if you can do that then you don't need nyx.

Overextended counters narrowminded but honestly maximized power duration is not that great on nyx because it leaves you unable to counter respawns unless you have already killed everything else and if you can do that then you don't need nyx.

Well I'm making this post mainly for absorb, and I don't usually find Chaos as useful in ODD and I always play online and with clanmates. But what's your take on fleeting expertise?

I wouldn't do it.

I tried corrupted mods on Nyx and it's not worth it. Mind Control, Chaos and Absorb need Power Duration, but Chaos and Absorb need Power Range too.

Power Strength is not that great. The Bolts are almost useless IMHO, and Absorb will do more damage with Power Duration since you will absorb a lot more damage from the enemy.

Edit: You don't need Chaos in ODD, it's a very bad idea. Fleeting Expertise will make Absorb last a lot less, which means you will soak a lot less damage from the enemy AND you will need to cast it often. I wouldn't use Fleeting Expertise on Nyx.

Edited by Phantasmo

I wouldn't do it.

I tried corrupted mods on Nyx and it's not worth it. Mind Control, Chaos and Absorb need Power Duration, but Chaos and Absorb need Power Range too.

Power Strength is not that great. The Bolts are almost useless IMHO, and Absorb will do more damage with Power Duration since you will absorb a lot more damage from the enemy.

haha I never used Bolts and strength mods on her. Seems you have a point there.

The only corrupted mod I use on my Nyx is Overextended. I only use my Nyx for high wave defense missions. I just replied to the other Nyx thread not too long ago about mod builds for Nyx. 

To answer your questions directly, OP, Constitution can also be used for power duration. And no, NM and FE are not required to "make her good." 

The only corrupted mod I use on my Nyx is Overextended. I only use my Nyx for high wave defense missions. I just replied to the other Nyx thread not too long ago about mod builds for Nyx. 

To answer your questions directly, OP, Constitution can also be used for power duration. And no, NM and FE are not required to "make her good."

Oh thanks. Just a question, how hard is it to farm constitution?

Well I'm making this post mainly for absorb, and I don't usually find Chaos as useful in ODD and I always play online and with clanmates. But what's your take on fleeting expertise?

Fleeting expertise is not needed but personally I like the duration I get with a maxed fleeting expertise and continuity.

Oh thanks. Just a question, how hard is it to farm constitution?

It took me about four hundred runs in total to get all of the Nightmare mods, but I've been known to have bad luck in every video game. It took me over 150 T3 caps to get a single Ember Prime part, if that gives any perspective to my luck. In the end, it's all about RNG. And Constitution is easier to get than Hammershot and Blaze, so that's something. 

It took me about four hundred runs in total to get all of the Nightmare mods, but I've been known to have bad luck in every video game. It took me over 150 T3 caps to get a single Ember Prime part, if that gives any perspective to my luck. In the end, it's all about RNG. And Constitution is easier to get than Hammershot and Blaze, so that's something.

Oh I see, well I've been lucky in games I guess, I got split chamber at Venera at wave 10, Continuity at Kiliken at 10 too. What's RNG? Also lethal torrent in an ODE.

So do I need these mods to actually make her good? Narrow minded seems cool but is there any mod to balance out the range affect? And is there any other mod besides NM and Continuity to make absorb and chaos last longer? Is fleeting expertise needed if I have flow, streamline and Vespa helm?

don´t like narrow mindet in nyx , shorter time is better

I wouldn't do it.

Edit: You don't need Chaos in ODD, it's a very bad idea. Fleeting Expertise will make Absorb last a lot less, which means you will soak a lot less damage from the enemy AND you will need to cast it often. I wouldn't use Fleeting Expertise on Nyx.

So why would you not want Chaos in ODD?  Short durations and long range reach and trigger it before the mobs reach the object to protect.  I still getting use to her but from what I have read from others on her build, Chaos scales a lot better than Absorb.  Build for 10 sec duration for Chaos and make her energy efficient to spam a lot.

So why would you not want Chaos in ODD?  Short durations and long range reach and trigger it before the mobs reach the object to protect.  I still getting use to her but from what I have read from others on her build, Chaos scales a lot better than Absorb.  Build for 10 sec duration for Chaos and make her energy efficient to spam a lot.

I've seen up to 16K damage after 15 seconds of absorb. Add more range and you can wipe the map on your own.

I've seen up to 16K damage after 15 seconds of absorb. Add more range and you can wipe the map on your own.

From reading other posts for the high level content I thought absorb was not scalable, Chaos was. I guess if absorb can cover the object to be defended then it helps but I have been having more success with Chaos for defense.

Why would I wait 15 seconds ?  I have a ROCKET LAUNCHER.  My Penta does over 5K per shot with a 6m radius.  My clanmate's Ogris does 16K per shot with over 7m radius.

But Absorb is a nice panic ability and shield recharge.  

More generally, almost no direct damage ability except AMD scales as well as the guns.  I'm coming around to the conclusion that all abilities are utility.

I've really enjoyed Nyx with Overextended, Stretch, Streamline, and Fleeting Expertise.  Super long range, very short very cheap spammable Chaos.  First it stuns, and then it distracts everyone from me.  It's better than Mprime.  Mind Control on heavy units seems to go under appreciated too.  Psychic Bolts don't seem to work (for me, at all) so I forma'd that slot for Redirection.  The one downside to Nyx is that she doesn't have wormhole/teleport.

Nyx is one of my favorite frames because there is some actually practical build variety.  I've seen Absorb centric builds work pretty well.  I prefer chaos.

From reading other posts for the high level content I thought absorb was not scalable, Chaos was. I guess if absorb can cover the object to be defended then it helps but I have been having more success with Chaos for defense.

It doesn't scale as well as Nova's abilities.  Chaos scales much better, or at least much more to my liking.  But Absorb scales somewhat in 2 ways.  First, higher level enemies do much more damage to the shield, which gets reflected back at them.  Damage reflection inherently scales.  Second, it scales with your penta grenades and teammates' weapons, assuming you play with people who know what the .... the Absorb is and shoot it instead of the enemies.  In PUG, I rarely see any teammates help with absorb.

But if you want that kind of explosion, just play Nova, use Mprime to slow everything to 50% and spam AMD.  Faster, better, bigger.

Why would I wait 15 seconds ?  I have a ROCKET LAUNCHER.  My Penta does over 5K per shot with a 6m radius.  My clanmate's Ogris does 16K per shot with over 7m radius.

But Absorb is a nice panic ability and shield recharge.  

More generally, almost no direct damage ability except AMD scales as well as the guns.  I'm coming around to the conclusion that all abilities are utility.

I've really enjoyed Nyx with Overextended, Stretch, Streamline, and Fleeting Expertise.  Super long range, very short very cheap spammable Chaos.  First it stuns, and then it distracts everyone from me.  It's better than Mprime.  Mind Control on heavy units seems to go under appreciated too.  Psychic Bolts don't seem to work (for me, at all) so I forma'd that slot for Redirection.  The one downside to Nyx is that she doesn't have wormhole/teleport.

Nyx is one of my favorite frames because there is some actually practical build variety.  I've seen Absorb centric builds work pretty well.  I prefer chaos.

Absorb does not kill myself if I click by accident, quite on the contrary it's actually useful to cover mates helping bleeding mates.

It raises my threat level so the bad guys will try to hit me rather than the cryopod or other mates.

Awesome combo with Loki.

It's not the damage, it's how useful it is.

Rockets and grenades are noob weapons, I would be ashamed to claim what you just said.

Most of the guns when properly mod'd do just shy of 16K damage PER SECOND.  Penta and Ogris can do that per shot.  That's why I said trying to use abilities for direct damage instead of utility seems less than optimal.  Although teammate combos like MPrime+World on Fire are rather spectacular....  

Chaos works better to cover the cryopod.  Enemies shooting each other aren't shooting the pod.  If you have a Loki on the team, Chaos covers revives better too.  Chaos can span over 60m in radius.

Your 15 seconds is 15 seconds you weren't killing anything that you really could have been with almost any high level weapon.  As for why you don't appreciate the pretty lights, fireworks, and lovingly crafted sounds of mass explosions, I can't imagine.  Aesthetically challenged.  Put Shred on them and a single misclick won't suicide you.  Also, try practice.