The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Potential Remedy To Snowglobe

TunaMayo

As we all know, snow globe got hit with the nerf hammer. To put it bluntly, it was overpowered and needed a nerf. But unfortunately giving the globe a damage cap does nothing but hurt frosts' end game. So I might have come up with a solution.

Snow globe still has a damage cap, but upon destruction, rather than fizzling out of existence, the globe collapses in on itself sending out am icy explosion that freezes all enemies in a certain radius.

This would allow frost users to leave the globe without fear of the globe failing and the objective being destroyed. As they could run back and pop another globe during the freeze time.

This freeze would do no damage, CC only, and for balance reasons would be effected by duration mods so that people with fleeting couldn't simply spam a long freeze.

It might not be the optimal solution or return frost to his former glory, but might be enough to keep frost the king of defence.

As long as the freezing range was affected by power range mods as well I could see this being a simple and fairly balanced addition to the skill. It would also be another reason to extend its range, and be a slight draw-back to making it the smallest range possible which is just enough to barely cover a pod and make it so that no units can get to the pod without destroying the globe first.

This would also help out with Frosts role and should definitely be added.

I think this would push the King of Defense over the top, a bit. Making his team invincible against level 60s is pretty powerful already.
Snowglobe is still a must-have on high level Defense missions as it is, and adding a similar CC effect to Avalanche would devalue the use of his other skills for CC purposes. (as if he needs to use them as it is)

If someone is worried that their globe will break, they could just place down another globe.

Edited by NeopetsMaster4432

I think this would push the King of Defense over the top, a bit. Making his team invincible against level 60s is pretty powerful already.

Snowglobe is still a must-have on high level Defense missions as it is, and adding a similar CC effect to Avalanche would devalue the use of his other skills for CC purposes. (as if he needs to use them as it is)

If someone is worried that their globe will break, they could just place down another globe.

The point is, that as it currently stands the max shield value you can get is just shy of 10k I believe. This can only be achieved with a maxed blind rage and focus, making each cast very pricey. But if you are plonking your globe around an objective, with 10 or so enemies level 40-50 + shooting at your globe long, it won't survive very long.

This was an attempt to give snowglobe some sort of longevity in missions.

Also the freeze on avalanche is a by product of using overextended on frost, not an intentional design. The slow on ice wave would still be useful and freeze is still pretty useless imho.