Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Enemy Radar: Make It Similar To Loot Radar?

Drachyench

To be frank, Enemy Radar isn't particularly useful at the moment outside getting a rough estimate on a minimap as to how many enemies will be hit by an AoE power. Yes it will let you see where enemies are hiding, but in the missions wherein this is especially important (Exterminate and Assassination) you innately have a degree of Enemy Sense to your Warframe, and in other missions it's of negligible importance. Or in the very least, it's negligible enough to not trump out against standard Durability mods, Ability or Ability-enhancing Mods, etcetera (and in the case of the Aura, it loses out next to things like reducing enemy armor or increasing raw damage or regenerating health / shields).

As a suggestion to improve Enemy Radar's viability, might we see something akin to Loot Radar's highlighting of Mods through Walls on Enemy Radar... but for Enemies instead of Mods?

We know that the system can support viewing enemies and the like through walls: The Codex scanner does so already. Similarly, with the semi-recent buffs to Punch Through (some weapons having it innately, Metal Auger and the like getting boosted), this would give some increased viability to Punch Through builds.

I've been suggesting (and supporting) this function for some time. I'd love to see it integrated as part of the new HUD, so that people are encouraged to use mods like Enemy Radar, Enemy Sense, Thief's Wit, etc. For Enemy Sense/Enemy Radar specifically, I'd like for it to outline enemies so that they stand out regardless of lighting, and show them through walls or objects that are subject to Punch Through. (For example, if an object can't be pierced by bullets, they won't show, but if you can hit them, you know where to shoot.)

I'd like to see some integration for zoom mods, too. Not like a full-on sniper scope, but perhaps a modified reticule and unintrusive screen decoration.

I'm on board with this idea. This would actually make the mod useful, and take a little of the shock value out of opening up an elevator door in the Towers where there's a dozen big Grineer gunners and orokin drones sitting there waiting for you. (sidenote: if you take the elevator back down upon seeing them, somehow a few of them will die off on their own)...