Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Impact Melee

ChileanWarpig

Question

basically what the title says, i want to know what would be the best melee weapon wich its primary damage type being impact

kogake or obex?
fragor or magista?r
i want to know what to pick considering that most of the weapons are slash and therefore more efective against infested and maybe grineer

i want to kill corpus... brutally

6 answers to this question

Ill tell you a secret: until the next update impact melee is the strongest type of melee weapon. Impact has the least resistances on the starchart, works better with elements, and has the most useful proc to have on a melee weapon.

kogake is better than obex. I have both, tatered both, and bought berserker just to try on obex. the crit damage is not worth the trouble on obex and because of how melee works the speed will reach a "cap" where you can't punch any faster and most of the time you will miss more punches than hit with it because of the movement boost melee gives you. kogake is balanced all-around and a range mod will give you amazing reach.

fragor has more charge damage than magistar but the latter has a faster swing speed for normal attacks and a special charge animation.

combo magnetic and toxic on a slash weapon. Also amphis is not that bad.

Edited by sewens

Actually, if you're looking for sheer impact brutality, that would be the new jat kittag, with magistar and fragor coming in behind it. The downside to these, though, is their speed; the jat kittag hits REALLY hard, but it's painfully slow sometimes, especially with it's calling-card charge attack.
Ultimately, like many builds in this game, it's up to your personal preferences and tastes. for example, you could use the jat kittag for highest impact damage per strike, but the speed may wear you down a bit. On the other hand, you could use one of the brawling weapons like the obex and the kogake, therefore hitting more times per second, but with weaker strikes. Should you choose this route, I suggest the obex, as it it's the second fastest melee weapon in the game, and has a godly AoE knockdown.

TL;DR: Jat Kittag for pure brutalizing and Obex for faster weaker brutalizing

Jatt Kitty is Impact, right?

I tried out Plasma Sword for the same reason: I was looking for an impact weapon. Plasma Sword has potential... But you really can't judge any melee (other than for looks) until Melee 2.0 comes out.

Pick your favorite looking weapon, and hope it gets buffed.

The real question is...why is the plasma sword impact?  It is mind boggling and silly.