Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Transition, Is It A Great Idea?

(PSN)truelight4u

No need to start getting aggressive like that, dude.  At any rate, if that's what the angle you're going to try to work, then one could argue that some sort of special package exclusive to the ps4 members is needed.  While they have not helped start the game, they are participating in another very important development stage.  That merits something.

That's exactly what I believe. We are helping the game become part of a bigger community and our participation and hours of dedicated play should be rewarded in some sense. Also, I don't see why there should be any hostility (@ant) towards us console players when soon enough, if it happens we will all be playing together.

No, it wouldn't be fair, because obviously you don't understand the point of the Founder's pack. Everyone who's on here has a computer. That was their chance. That was their access, to play Warframe in its infancy. But they didn't. The Excalibur Prime won't be made available for anyone who didn't get the Founder's pack. That would obviously include PS4.

No, you don't deserve it. You didn't help get the game on its feet by purchasing the Founder's pack.

this game still isnt on it feet have you played the ps4 version ive crashed 3X alone today this game is far from being on its feet when a week goes by that I dont have to submit multiple tickets for glitches bugs crashes then I might say yah its on its feet.and I love the gliched wall in my dojo DE

No need to start getting aggressive like that, dude.  At any rate, if that's what the angle you're going to try to work, then one could argue that some sort of special package exclusive to the ps4 members is needed.  While they have not helped start the game, they are participating in another very important development stage.  That merits something.

That's not aggressive. That's answering the question, which was "isn't that perfectly fair". What important developmental stage are they participating in? Update 12? PC's gone through that too. What you want is something exclusive to say that you have something exclusive. This whole "it's not fair" deal. You know what's fair? The fact that the game was available for anyone to download, play, and pay for, given that all of us here have computers. If you didn't have sufficient enough reason to play the game and buy the Founder's pack then on PC, then there is no sufficient reason why you need it now on PS4. Because obviously then you had no sufficient reason to purchase the Founder's Pack for the real reason it was put out, which was to help get the game on its feet.

As well, given the comments about the game not being on its feet, what's the reason for the very expensive Prime Access? What do you think that accomplishes? It accomplishes the same thing as the Founder's Pack. But obviously that's not good enough because it's not PS4-exclusive. If you want to help support the devs, then buy the Prime Access. Supporting the devs (the major purpose of these packs) doesn't necessitate an exclusive package. And if you consider it exclusive, it's only exclusive for those who purchase it. Is Prime Access not available to PS4 players?

Edited by AntoineFlemming

That's not aggressive. That's answering the question, which was "isn't that perfectly fair". What important developmental stage are the participating in? Update 12? PC's gone through that too. What you want is something exclusive to say that you have something exclusive. This whole "it's not fair" deal. You know what's fair? The fact that the game was available for anyone to download, play, and pay for, given that all of us here have computers. If you didn't have sufficient enough reason to play the game and buy the Founder's pack then on PC, then there is no sufficient reason why you need it now on PS4. Because obviously then you had no sufficient reason to purchase the Founder's Pack for the real reason it was put out, which was to help get the game on its feet.

Like i've stated before I get you, but they should consider giving us PS4 players another exclusivity. Something like which I stated above, "Welcome to the Ranks Pack." I think that seems pretty fair. One it doesn't say we help start the game on its feet but 2 its says that we are helping it grow. If you come to think about it, if DE didn't expand to us how much longer do you think Warframe could have ran for? 

Edit: I wasn't trying to start a debate, I was just stating my opinion.

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u

Like i've stated before I get you, but they should consider giving us PS4 players another exclusivity. Something like which I stated above, "Welcome to the Ranks Pack." I think that seems pretty fair. One it doesn't say we help start the game on its feet but 2 its says that we are helping it grow. If you come to think about it, if DE didn't expand to us how much longer do you think Warframe could have ran for? 

Warframe would still be trucking along without the PS4. Sorry, but you didn't make this game successful. And you don't make or break the game.

To be clear, I'm not against the idea of DE re-releasing the content of the Founder's Pack, even though they said they wouldn't. What I'm against is this idea of platform-exclusive stuff. I've never liked that idea. And even if you think that PS4 players somehow deserve some exclusive pack, PC players would deserve it more, having supported DE for longer. But I'm entirely against the notion of platform-exclusive items. However, given that DE said they wouldn't release that content, that does apply to everyone, including PS4 players.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

That's exactly what I mean, but the evolving should involve some form of process that a player has to go through before they obtain their prime version. After obtaining your prime version a player can also be allowed to choose between their regular and prime version.

lore-wise primed warframes are just orokin designed warframes. and the current non-primed warframes are made by tennos themselves :T so there's no evolving or anything

Well if it doesn't have to be exclusive stuff for the PS4 players. The fact that we are joining the game as New Players and dedicating our time and money to it's something they should consider, but not only for us but also the New PC Players as well. And you know what? You put me to think. It doesn't have to be exclusive to PS4 only, but also New PC Players. It can be a product offered to those who are new to the game, but it would exclude the PC Warframe Veterans who have purchased the Founders Pack.

Well if it doesn't have to be exclusive stuff for the PS4 players. The fact that we are joining the game as New Players and dedicating our time and money to it's something they should consider, but not only for us but also the New PC Players as well. And you know what? You put me to think. It doesn't have to be exclusive to PS4 only, but also New PC Players. It can be a product offered to those who are new to the game, but it would exclude the PC Warframe Veterans who have purchased the Founders Pack.

this is a very good suggestion because if the founders really gave a damn about supporting DE and cared about the future of this game they would be begging DE to Re-release the founders pack so they can make huge profits and make everyone happy including new PC players. A true founder and supporter does not horde digital content and and say we will go ape sh.. if you release it. these arent founders in my eyes and I feel bad for DE cause you can tell they want to make everyone happy but they have these dipsh.. breathing down there neck.

Another Excal Prime thread? Really?

I would agree completely, only if DE made the primes into skins we just select and swap to rather than the current system of what the primes are. And DE has stated that at least 1 of the primes will never be released to the public. *Points to Excal Prime.*

No, they didn't say "to the public", they said NOT AT ALL.

That's exactly what I mean, but the evolving should involve some form of process that a player has to go through before they obtain their prime version. After obtaining your prime version a player can also be allowed to choose between their regular and prime version.

No.

Evolving your frame's looks by adding formas or whatever - sure

Earning / Converting to a prime version by playing the regular one - NO.

As I said, it doesn't fit the game with excal being exclusive and generally prime versions being a separate frame, not a "conversion" you go through (that goes both for lore and actual gameplay)

Edited by Shifted

this is a very good suggestion because if the founders really gave a damn about supporting DE and cared about the future of this game they would be begging DE to Re-release the founders pack so they can make huge profits and make everyone happy including new PC players. A true founder and supporter does not horde digital content and and say we will go ape sh.. if you release it. these arent founders in my eyes and I feel bad for DE cause you can tell they want to make everyone happy but they have these dipsh.. breathing down there neck.

No, because the opportunity to support DE and help them bring in huge profits exists with the Prime Access. No, the reality is that you care little about actually supporting DE and more about getting the exclusive items. A true supporter would want to support DE through the available means. If you really cared about the future of this game, you wouldn't be having this argument and instead would have just purchased the prime access. I got no problem with you getting the founders content through some other means, but don't dare insist that founders don't care about the future of this game simply because they don't think you should get exclusive content.

I completely understand what you mean, so why not make something like "Welcome to the Ranks Pack" where PS4 players can get a set of items and a primed frame for joining the game? It won't violate on the PC players on any level and it will definitely get the PS4 players amped up and feeling like a part of something.

Something like prime access maybe?

Prime isn't only for orokin-made gear.  It can be anything that exploits orokin technology to boost the abilities of a weapon(outside of simple mod-capacity when considering weapons). For example, the latron prime.  It isn't orokin made, but merely uses orokin tech to get more damage.

One thing I'm honestly wondering though is about valkyr. Would she get a prime version, or a vandal version?

wut?...

the Latron the Tenno use is based on the Orokin made Latron prime, which is, the original desigen.

nearly every Tenno weapon and every warframe from the Orokin era are based on an Orokin weapon/warframe, the Tenno versions look diffrent and are a bit weaker do to inferior technology.

things that the Tenno made after the Orokin era, like Nova, Zhyper, etc, will not have a Primed version as a resault, at least if DE stick with thire own Lore.

Edited by EagleRise

Something like prime access maybe?

Exactly what I said. But the real issue isn't that they want to feel a part of something. They just want a console-exclusive item so they can feel good about choosing their console over another platform. Console exclusives are meant for one purpose: to promote the console and give incentive to buy that console. DE has no reason to do this. And I hope they don't. Again, if PS4 players want to feel apart of something and support the devs, then they, as well as anyone else, can purchase Prime Access.

As for the whole evolving into Prime versions, I say the best way lore-wise is to craft your Prime versions. Doesn't make much sense for everyone to find a million Frost Primes, or Excalibur Primes, when there was supposed to only be one. So it'd make more sense if Tenno, using Orokin materials, crafted their own Prime Warframes.

No, because the opportunity to support DE and help them bring in huge profits exists with the Prime Access. No, the reality is that you care little about actually supporting DE and more about getting the exclusive items. A true supporter would want to support DE through the available means. If you really cared about the future of this game, you wouldn't be having this argument and instead would have just purchased the prime access. I got no problem with you getting the founders content through some other means, but don't dare insist that founders don't care about the future of this game simply because they don't think you should get exclusive content.

I already have prime access buddy I wouldnt talk about supporting the game if I myself havent bought crap unlike these pc degens on this forum

I doubt Nova, and Zephy would get a prime... they are more recent to the Warframe universe as they were made by Tenno... Not Orokin.

Nova whuuut?

Also Zephyr is made with Orokin Alloy that was recently rediscoverered. That means the Orokin may well have made Zephyrs in limited quantities but the technology was lost.

I already have prime access buddy I wouldnt talk about supporting the game if I myself havent bought crap unlike these pc degens on this forum

You sound like a mad console peasant :3

On Topic: I don't think frames should evolve into prime frames, maybe add some prime frames to the tenno lab. Crafting requirement could be a regular matching frame, lorewise one could think of an upgrade to existing technology after extensive research. I  mean the tenno were able to create an antimatter frame, why would they fail to upgrade it with orokin technology?

As have I. If you've bought it, then suggest to your other PS4 players to do the same. In that way, you support DE and you are apart of something. There is no foundation for your argument that you deserve to get the founder's pack. And your whole "we want to feel apart of something" is crap. You want the content because you're jealous of the people who got it. It's not about wanting to support DE. It's not about wanting to be apart of something. If those were the reasons, then you'd be content with the Prime Access. You want Excalibur Prime because it'd be cool to have. I got no problem with you wanting that, but don't make up some crap reason why you want it.

I do have a problem with you wanting some PS4-exclusive crap because you feel you deserve it. You do not. Just like PC players, who have been playing the game, and pouring money into the game, longer than you don't deserve to have an exclusive. There is nothing that warrants your platform getting an exclusive over another platform. Again, that's a very console-geared mentality as it's consoles that have their platform exclusives as a means of promoting and giving incentive to that console. Microsoft does it for Xbox 360/One. Sony does it for PS3/4. The Founder's Pack was not a PC-exclusive. It's time ran out. It being only on PC, because there was no PS4 version, does not justify PS4 getting an exclusive pack.

Several PC players on this thread have Disciple, Master, Grand Master under their avatars precisely because they supported the game. Your labeling them as "degens" and "dipsh***" only hurts your argument and the way people here view you. It's not going to make your argument more logical. It's not going to make more people warm up to it.

this game still isnt on it feet have you played the ps4 version ive crashed 3X alone today this game is far from being on its feet when a week goes by that I dont have to submit multiple tickets for glitches bugs crashes then I might say yah its on its feet.and I love the gliched wall in my dojo DE

orly?

Edited by Ionus

You know what you get for playing a free2play game? You can play it *wait for it* for free. Isn't that swell?

Sorry, this PS4 player has already revealed his true motivations. No need spend more time on him. He's a lost cause.

Anyway, in other news, I bet that we can expect the next Prime next Wednesday or the week after that, probably next Wednesday, Feb 25 though. Because Tuesday is the last day to get Ember Prime.

Sorry, this PS4 player has already revealed his true motivations. No need spend more time on him. He's a lost cause.

Anyway, in other news, I bet that we can expect the next Prime next Wednesday or the week after that, probably next Wednesday, Feb 25 though. Because Tuesday is the last day to get Ember Prime.

Don't mistake me for the player who you were arguing with earlier. I can understand your frustration, but there's no motive in anything I have said. I just believe that new players whether on PC or PS4, should have the opportunity (not right) to obtain some exclusive content similar to the founders pack (Not the founder pack itself because it wouldn't make sense.) Is it wrong desire things of enjoyment? Am I blaspheming against any PC player? Hell, I am a PC player as well, but I don't side with either or (PC or PS4.) I just believe that new players should get something pretty cool. Yes I know about the prime access, but seriously? Prime Ember is not that hectic to get, well at least in my case. No I do not want a Prime Excalibur, he isn't even that interesting. On another note, why are you so hostile? This whole time I have replied to you with respect and courtesy and you just keep coming out your face. Have decency and show me that you can be mature. Find anything that I have written that has disrespected you in any way? When you do then you had a valid point when you wrote, "Sorry, this PS4 player has already revealed his true motivations. No need spend more time on him. He's a lost cause." I mean seriously? 

I suggest you look through the postings and see who you were arguing with, cause I can tell you right now I haven't pushed your buttons. I just made opinions and suggestions. Nothing i wrote was written stone and should have never been taken to heart. On that note, I hope you have a goodnight.

Edit: This original post was suppose be about a Prime Transition idea, not a debate about player exclusivity. I take part fault for adding to the postings that led up to a debate.

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u