Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bringing "raid" Back + Possible Orokin Mini-Boss

tsunamist

Here's my attempt at lessening the horridness of RNG.

What if we actually "raided" the orokin territory?

New/old Game Mode "RAID"

What's the same?

- Uses the old raid map layout as the map

- Uses the old game mode name "RAID"

What's different?

Each Raid Void key will allow you to enter into "caches" of the Orokin territory.      

Game play:

Each group (or solo) will enter the void map which will look the exact same as the old raid layout. You will have to exterminate the defenders in this area which are defending the "caches". Once defeated, you will be able to open the caches inside and get your rewards! The cache should either be inside another room, or it should drop down from Lotus. You can either stay for more raiding, or leave. 

Here are the possible gimmicks to make it tough.

Each raid, will have something similar to nightmare mode or vault key effect applying on all players (or the brave solo soul).

EX: one raid effect could be: "All warframes have no shields". (Wow that makes Trinity pretty op)

Or.. NO WARFRAME ABILITIES (Who cares who you pick now :D) [This also might not be needed if boss gets implemented]

NO REVIVING (took this out if boss gets implemented).

Aura mods are disabled (Is it possible to implement this?)

There will be health orbs and energy orbs available for you each time you start a new raid.

Monster growth should be approximately 8 levels or approximately 15% health increase per new raid starting from level 25. The spawn growth should be at about the same rate as Tier III void defenses. 

Rewards:

This is probably the part everyone is looking for : )

Each time you raid the area, you will get a reward. The longer you stay, the more rewards you will get. These rewards will be "tiered" based upon drop rate
(common/uncommon/rare).

I think examples will explain this the best..

You stay once in this raid, you get the common cache

You stay twice in this raid, you get the common cache, and the uncommon cache.

You stay thrice in this raid, you get the common cache, the uncommon cache, and the rare cache,

You stay four times(quarce?) in this raid, you get 2 common caches, 1 uncommon cache, and 1 rare cache

and etc..

As for what drops, that's up to DEs but I think generically, something like this should follow:

Common  - at least 10k credits, mats ( 5Cells or 5 sensors?)
Uncommon - Forma BP, 1 part of prime weapons(Like fang handle, orthos handle), 1 prime weapon blueprint, 1 warframe prime part(helm/chassis),

Rare - Pure Forma , 1 part of prime weapon( fang blade orthos blade), warframe prime system and

As you can see, it's still an RNG fiesta, but at least you can get multiple parts with 1 key run. instead of grinding out 500000 Void keys for the trusty ember prime systems BUT, this will also allow the other void keys to be less RNG heavy, and we can take out prime drops in derelict.

Some other "ideas" to make "Raid" fun.

Considering you are a "warframe" shouldn't you be able to switch warframes in game? If this was possible, other gimmicks like "MELEE ONLY" could be implemented.

Another possibility would be something like 5-10 minutes of parkours.
Higher tier keys yield longer time. At the end of each parkour, you get your rewards, similar to what was stated above.

(This could be a completely separate key)

As "brainstormed" by Kintsurgi, a boss during every 3rd hole?  [Many thanks to Ys for boss inspirations]

Wouldn't it make sense if the Orokin created a "warframe" out of "garbage" parts?

Name: ?????? ( Death Faleon is stealing a bit too much...)

Abilities: All the CURRENT basic abilities (Pull,Fireball,Freeze,Slash Dash,) of the prime frames out (I guess you can have them all)

A mini-boss created as a test subject in the Orokin, this "thing" has the abilites of the primed Warframes(This would make it make sense for Orokin to drop prime parts :D).

The fight:

He is only vulnerable to a set of weaponry (primary, secondary and melee) and will change fighting patterns depending one which ones he is invincible too.

EX: If he is weak against melee, he will fight long range. (I HOPE MELEE 2.0 MAKES THIS FUN)

He will alternate weaknesses after every 1/3rd of his health. (This game isn't like Ys where damage is scarce! D=)

Every time he changes weaknesses, either he will

a) Have a different colour pallet.

b) Become a different frame.(He will still retain the same abilities and strength).

This will allow you to figure out what his weakness.

His weapons will be of course, the primed weapons.(RNGed picked i guess? Can change again if he becomes a different frame)

"It" has incredible agility and strength, making it possible to run and jump much faster than our frames(Approximately same speed as Volt with max rush and maxed power strength Speed and 2X high jump than Excal with maxed Superjump.)

His role as the guardian of the Orokin will be known!

Now the gimmick to make him tough (This will include the nightmare/vault key debuff as well).

NO ABILITIES ARE ALLOWED IN THIS FIGHT (that should pretty much do it..)

If he kills you, you are dead. No Reviving. 

Laser traps and turrets should be laid out in the room to distract you

Every time you fight him again, he will have another set of prime weapons, along with 50% more hp(maybe even 50000% since every weapon in this game does 999999999999999999 damage).

Maybe after every 3 you fight, you fight one more but back to original HP count.

I DO NOT WANT AN ASSASSINATE KEY out of this guy. He's just gonna make the RNG hole a lot more deep.
PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST THAT!

I'm pretty sure this system would need some serious re-working (24/7Loki invis is op though should be countered by boss if he comes around), so any feedback/ideas is appreciated.

EDIT 02/25/2014: Grammar, punctuation and put some back story on the mini-boss.

EDIT 02/26/2014: Suggestion to see mini-bosses weakness.

Edited by tsunamist

Just to throw an idea out there to stir the pot.

I kind of want to see a "raid" system similar to the one in Dragon's Dogma. Have a single raid boss for the entire server. Should anyone join that one raid, they'll be in their own instance of that raid, but the boss will have a persistent damage retained from everyone else who has dealt damage. When the raid boss is killed, everyone gets a reward and the person/people landing the killing blow would get an even greater reward. Due to how the instances would work, if multiple people in separate instances of the same raid land the killing blow, multiple people would get killing blow rewards. Also, the raid boss would be revived in, say, a week but with more health with each new incarnation. One million health, then five million health...a year later maybe fourty-two billion health.

I kind of want to see a "raid" system similar to the one in Dragon's Dogma. Have a single raid boss for the entire server. Should anyone join that one raid, they'll be in their own instance of that raid, but the boss will have a persistent damage retained from everyone else who has dealt damage. When the raid boss is killed, everyone gets a reward and the person/people landing the killing blow would get an even greater reward. Due to how the instances would work, if multiple people in separate instances of the same raid land the killing blow, multiple people would get killing blow rewards. Also, the raid boss would be revived in, say, a week but with more health with each new incarnation. One million health, then five million health...a year later maybe fourty-two billion health.

The idea of the an Orokin boss spawns from this post.. hmmm

I do not know if DE wants to have an extremely public boss like that, but would love to see them try!

Dragon's Dogma much?

To the OP, I have to say no to the nightmare modifiers part. They are just bad and make entire builds for certain frames useless which is even worse considering you can't plan for them.

Dragon's Dogma much?

To the OP, I have to say no to the nightmare modifiers part. They are just bad and make entire builds for certain frames useless which is even worse considering you can't plan for them.

Here's to hoping they allow in-game warframe changes so that you can kind of plan out your "raid"!

Aside from that, you are in a team(suppose to be), jacking stuff from another nation. They better put some nice security in there or they loot would be too easy to take. 

I literally said "similar to the one in Dragon's Dogma."

So you did, my apologies, was half asleep and in a rush when I read your post.

I don't think it would work for Warframe though. The scaling part just encourages power creep, or power marathon, and that is a very bad thing in a game like this.

I totally support this idea! As I my self ones make a similar suggestion a while back, so I TOTALLY will add my Oroking Prime Warframe: Nemesis to support your idea as an normal enemy or a boss! Ill let the community and you decide how you like if you like to add it to your raid. If you like it, just make any story for it, apparently my idea was not that good so might as well help some one with the same idea get ahead and support it! :)

This was my suggestion ages pass (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/175137-orokin-prime-nemesis-random-raid-boss/#entry2048933)

Hope it helps your idea come to reality in the game!

adeeIft.jpg

Edited by Ngeluz

I totally support this idea! As I my self ones make a similar suggestion a while back, so I TOTALLY will add my Oroking Prime Warframe: Nemesis to support your idea as an normal enemy or a boss! Ill let the community and you decide how you like if you like to add it to your raid. If you like it, just make any story for it, apparently my idea was not that good so might as well help some one with the same idea get ahead and support it! :)

This was my suggestion ages pass (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/175137-orokin-prime-nemesis-random-raid-boss/#entry2048933)

TY for the support :)

I think you better give your big baddie another shot at it.

If DEs are too lazy to create 2 new bosses however, I do not mind this guy housing a great fight in this raid scheme.

My "garbage" prime frame is suppose to be made out of a combination of the current prime frames out. As a "guardian" of the Orokins(or just a pile of garbage), he's suppose to be an exterminator to keep out all the intruders from stealing the goodies in the Void.

I do hope other people give your idea some more consideration/thought as i think it would good nicely in an Assassinate Void key.

EDIT: Apparently the text was all bad..

Edited by tsunamist

I'd happily see raid brought back in any form whatsoever, especially if it replaced rescue missions in their entirety. As for the actual revamp of the raid concept, I like it a lot and I'd love to see it implemented (preferably over the dead body of the rescue hostage)

I'd happily see raid brought back in any form whatsoever, especially if it replaced rescue missions in their entirety. As for the actual revamp of the raid concept, I like it a lot and I'd love to see it implemented (preferably over the dead body of the rescue hostage)

I'd rather have them keep the rescue missions. As "defenders of the universe" (or looters of the galaxies..) i think we should be saving people. I JUST WISH THESE PEOPLE WEREN'T MORONS!

That aside.. Anyone wanna post a new thread on fixing rescue? 

AND As stated by someone else....

BRING RAID BACK 2014!

adeeIft.jpg

It looks like manga. 

Some changes were made recently and i think it should be solid enough to run some beta tests. I do not know how much more fleshing out this idea needs. If this ever gets the attention, then that will be the time for refinement. 

Any more suggestions fellow space warriors(looters)?