The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

Seriously? 

I know you're focusing on reducing the grind, but you might as well add all prime items to the market now they're tradeable.

Not only that, but you're practically slashing your endgame content since you can just cut to the chase and buy everything except from certain clan tech. So I hope you've got something around the corner endgame content-wise.

This isn't meant to be a flame topic, I love the rest of the changes. I just think this was a poor decision. 

well then whats void for ....exactly

Thank you for this, no really, I do appreciate it.

It makes me very content to know when someone has sufficiently proven that they're not worth having any sort of discussion with. You've made my evening.

Have a pleasant day/night for whichever time zone you're in.

Thank you for this, no really, I do appreciate it.

It makes me very content to know when someone has sufficiently proven that they're not worth having any sort of discussion with. You've made my evening.

Have a pleasant day/night for whichever time zone you're in.

Oh, I don't know why you're not there

I give you my love, but you don't care

So what is right and what is wrong

Gimme a sign

If you're over the age of twenty-five and still believe you can go into a point by point discussion on a forum topic that has completely gone off topic and think there's validity to your post that is being read by only yourself. Then there isn't much hope for you and that's why I want to hold you and love you. That and your passive aggressive comments seem to suggest frustration, most likely sexual which is why you're focused on me.

I'll love you bro.
I'll love you all night long.

I edited this one just for you.. xx

Edited by Blowfist

Let's combine both positions of Prime Trading and both positions of the Legendary Cores introduction together into one cohesive argument:

Due to broken RNG (i.e. consistent results of one or more items from mission completion as well as distribution changes within Void Drop Tables determining which BPs/parts are rare) over the past few updates, players have accumulated massive numbers of Prime BPs/Parts, regardless of the rarity. When Prime Trading was introduced today, the demand just couldn't keep up. By now, almost everyone willing to trade have the parts they need. The kicker is that since people will continue running Void missions for the maximum credit:mission ratios, future players can easily skip current "end-game" content since prices will stagnate and even decline.

On top of this, the implementation of these Fusion Cores was toeing the game-breaking line. People should not have been given so much time or even allowed to exploit the fact that each Rank 6+ Steel Charge gives a Rank 5 Steel Charge and 2 Legendary Cores. In other words, having each account restricted to only getting 2 Legendary Cores, regardless of how many Steel Charges there were, would have been fair. By creating such a limited supply, compensation was met, prices of maxed Rank 10 mods would maintain their value, and the Fusion Cores would be considered beyond precious, both in utility and collection. Due to the exploitation and the Prime Trading, I fear that the market will simply collapse in shambles for another few days before even attempting to stabilize.

TL;DR: Currently, Prime Trading has very beneficial in the short-term, but has negative long-term side effects. Legendary Cores should not have been given a possibility to be extensively exploited.  Digital Extremes, the reasons behind introducing these two mechanics were excellent, yet the execution, distribution, and timing were negatively devastating. More items need to be high demand, low supply to maintain the healthiness of a player-run market.

TL;DR: Currently, Prime Trading has very beneficial in the short-term, but has negative long-term side effects. Legendary Cores should not have been given a possibility to be extensively exploited.  Digital Extremes, the reasons behind introducing these two mechanics were excellent, yet the execution, distribution, and timing were negatively devastating. More items need to be high demand, low supply to maintain the healthiness of a player-run market.

This perfectly summarizes the point that players who actually care about the long-term health of the game are trying to explain to the people who are currently profiting from the change. Trying to explain to somebody who has been farming for the fang blades without success and now they can finally get them is almost like talking to a brick wall. They finally got what they wanted, it's a fantastic move on DE's part as far as they're concerned.

The rest of us who care about the long term aspects of this game and not our selfish self serving needs can see DE's move is a disaster.

xx

Edited by Blowfist

The DE aren't thinking about the more advanced players. They are trying to please the noobs. Obviously the ones who are going to be happy about this are the ones who had a hard time grinding or weren't bothered and I think it's stupid. Prime should be earned.

I spent hours in the void obtaining all my prime. What a waste of time and effort. Now all it takes is just a trade. How pathetic does prime look now everyone will be running around in prime gear.

Thank you DE for wasting my time. You're probably stupid enough to know that wasn't sarcasm. Next time when you take into consideration these kinds of things, you MUST consider the more advanced players. I sold all my spare prime bp because it never crossed my mind that you would actually do something this stupid. As long as you got the money you can become a decent player right from the start. How stupid and pointless is that?

This perfectly summarizes the point that players who actually care about the long-term health of the game are trying to explain to the people who are currently profiting from the change. Trying to explain to somebody who has been farming for the fang blades without success and now they can finally get them is almost like talking to a brick wall. They finally got what they wanted, it's a fantastic move on DE's part as far as they're concerned.

The rest of us who care about the long term aspects of this game and not our selfish self serving needs can see DE's move is a disaster.

xx

Don't get me wrong, I certainly sympathize with players looking for that one out-of-reach mod. I even spent 52 plat and a Rank 5 Steel Charge going around and buying the Prime parts that I was missing (or rather, I prefer having 2 copies of everything so that I have backups). I even hypocritically exploited when I heard that players were gaining 2 Legendary Cores per Rank 6+ Steel Charge, though I had very little intention of trading anything in favor of collection purposes and/or saving for a future time. I had ranked two Steel Charges to Rank 6 when I initially had a Rank 2 and an unranked Steel Charge in my inventory) 

Still, as you have said, I also care about the longevity of the game, which only can happen with at least the replayability of old and new content, relatively transparent developers, balanced mechanics, and a loyal playerbase.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Lets see what most people think about it with a poll, and for the love of god DE if you read this... give us a poll option instead of needing to make multiple posts and people needing to upvote/like them...

If you like/up vote this post you will vote for:
Yes, Prime part trading is good and must stay

Prime trading is currently borked because people have tons of useless **** from the Void. While I'd rather limit it to a Prime-For-Prime thing, I have no problem with how it is now.

And honestly, most ideas for a token system I'd seen would have the same effect.

It is bad for the health of the game currently. Until they have some actual end game content, it should not exist. Even then...

Exactly. 

Nobody stops to think about the actual impact it has.

Void grinding is 90% of the lategame content that Warframe even has to offer. What do you do when you give players the ability to instantly bypass this much content?

You screw over a lot of stuff, that's what.

But, plenty of players just think "Oh, I can make plat off this, it must stay"

Although we do not have this feature on PS4 yet , I wouldn't personally like to have it. I finally got my last piece of frost prime and felt great about it. Yes i can still grind my way through the game without trading but the I can see the one thing I like which is hooking up with strangers through the chat on a T3 Void and hope we get a decent Prime Blueprint going down the drain as it will be so much easier to get these parts.

I do hope that If it is to stay that you can only trade Prime vs Prime and not for platinum / credits or mods.

No complaints here. I say keep it.

You guys were whining and *@##$ing about RNG before, why $#*(@ and moan about a workaround to the RNG now?

Because this is the worst option they could have chosen IMHO. Now that there are no primes to grind for the lack of "end-game" feels more present than it ever was.

And giving casual players the possibility to wear primes in a game designed for hardcore gamers and epic grinders feels a bit twisted thinking.