Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

Once more it's the community that brings out the worst in something that had purely good intentions in mind (giving RNG unlucky guys a shot on missing prime parts with the current messed up Void loot).

Brings out the worst in what? Prime stuff is common drops, are you saying it's bad that they're selling them for cheap and letting all the people who want one, get one? Is it "Bad" that players are being fair to one another?

For us veteran players, some feel its a bad idea. warframe is 1 step closer tp becoming "Play pay to win", i mean a rank 2 mastery can spend 20 bucks and get frost prime, burston prime, and sicarus prime and orthos prime. When before you had to work for it, it was a sense of accomplishment. all they have to do then is get some raw potatoes (orokin cells) and boom. its an excalibur with a mka-1 braton in a frost prime skin. they should at least make prime part trading mastery 10 and above. this is as annoying as seeing ember prime in mimas when they're mastery 3. I'm glad they're taking off prime access. but they worsened it. (I wonder how we can get misa prime if at all anymore)

just had to correct some things for you, mr. troll veteran. know what you're arguing against. p2w is pay to win. I'll let the raw potatoes thing slide assuming you don't think we supercharge weapons with orokin cells

despite your argument having some semblance of a good point, it really just falls flat. I'll ignore the fact that there are countless other threads regarding prime trading that have cropped up this past week. I do think being able to buy the parts you need with plat is bad, and maybe it should be limited to trading prime part for prime part only. lower mastery players can still run void missions and farm primes of their own. a couple months ago, it was actually easier to get mag prime (and frost prime, somewhat) than mag. seeing ember prime on mimas wouldn't be uncommon, even if it were a newer player

I don't like what you insinuate, equating noobs to excalibur specifically. like these new players are just pretending to be a frost, but deep down, they're just excaliburs with mk-1 bratons. that's not how it works when you have a different frame and different weapons entirely

Brings out the worst in what? Prime stuff is common drops, are you saying it's bad that they're selling them for cheap and letting all the people who want one, get one? Is it "Bad" that players are being fair to one another?

but he makes a good point that selling prime parts for next to nothing is silly and somewhat insulting based on the amount of grind and such that should go into a prime weapon. I'm hoping the market stabilizes and prices will increase for prime parts and maxed out mods, but who knows. it was nice to be able to spend plat to get that part you've been grinding for but just haven't gotten because of RNG. but now, people just want to get rid of all the extra bits they have, and players who need them are making out like thieves right now. some people were just giving away prime parts when the trading was introduced. that's nice and all, but that kind of stuff is why prime weapons aren't all that exclusive anymore. it used to represent your journey into the void and your success therein

but he makes a good point that selling prime parts for next to nothing is silly and somewhat insulting based on the amount of grind and such that should go into a prime weapon. I'm hoping the market stabilizes and prices will increase for prime parts and maxed out mods, but who knows. it was nice to be able to spend plat to get that part you've been grinding for but just haven't gotten because of RNG. but now, people just want to get rid of all the extra bits they have, and players who need them are making out like thieves right now. some people were just giving away prime parts when the trading was introduced. that's nice and all, but that kind of stuff is why prime weapons aren't all that exclusive anymore. it used to represent your journey into the void and your success therein

Prime parts are a dime a dozen for the majority. Keys are handed out like water and the vast majority of prime parts are as easy to get as taking off your shoes.

If you want prices to go up, the difficulty to farm them needs to increase. Enemies need to be harder and the drop rate needs to be lower.

I merely replied to the OP and the feeling he has that it's "Pay2Win".. with the prices players make it is easy to see it that way but imho it does not qualifiy for Pay2win by far. Prime trading is currently a very cheap way for starters to get decent gear and i agree that it is a nice thing for them but it could also have gone the other way, prices like 25p a piece, 150 a set etc. see below...

Prime parts are a dime a dozen for the majority. Keys are handed out like water and the vast majority of prime parts are as easy to get as taking off your shoes.

If you want prices to go up, the difficulty to farm them needs to increase. Enemies need to be harder and the drop rate needs to be lower.

..it is the other way because people have stocked alot of prime bp's. Maybe the prices will go up when running Void missions stagnates and all the stocked blueprints are distributed. I personally got rich from the Prime trading because i did not sell my pieces and sets for 2-5 or 10-20p. I tried to get decent prices from the start and those people who think the same as me bought and are happy.

To end my participation in this discussion.. all i can say is: I like the prime trading, i don't think there will ever be a Pay2Win in Warframe because it is not a competitive game and there is nothing to "win", it is nice for new players to get weapons cheap, a good way for people like me to get rid of the stocked parts.. even for decent prices and i hope in the future more stuff will be tradeable.. maybe even exclusives.

Cheers

This move is honestly going to hurt DE in the long run if you ask me. For starters, DE just took away a piece of whatever little end-game this game has. Then DE also shoots themselves in the foot a bit for all future prime access sales. Why buy prime access at a hefty price when you can get anything prime related under 30 plat? Just doesn't seem practical for a business standpoint, I'm sure lots of players are loving this though.

This is a terrible idea. Nobody's happy with the current void drop tables.

I suspect the problem lies with the players who do most of the selling.

>Joined December 2013.

HAHAHAHAHA

Anyway. Just make prime stuff a lot more rare so their value goes up. They're worth nothing because they're common drops. If you had to grind weeks for a drop, it would be a lot more valuable on the market and a lot more special regardless of if you bought it or farmed it.

you do know this is my second account due to being banned on my firstt one smartass?

just had to correct some things for you, mr. troll veteran. know what you're arguing against. p2w is pay to win. I'll let the raw potatoes thing slide assuming you don't think we supercharge weapons with orokin cells

despite your argument having some semblance of a good point, it really just falls flat. I'll ignore the fact that there are countless other threads regarding prime trading that have cropped up this past week. I do think being able to buy the parts you need with plat is bad, and maybe it should be limited to trading prime part for prime part only. lower mastery players can still run void missions and farm primes of their own. a couple months ago, it was actually easier to get mag prime (and frost prime, somewhat) than mag. seeing ember prime on mimas wouldn't be uncommon, even if it were a newer player

I don't like what you insinuate, equating noobs to excalibur specifically. like these new players are just pretending to be a frost, but deep down, they're just excaliburs with mk-1 bratons. that's not how it works when you have a different frame and different weapons entirely

you do know you don't have to be a $&*^? lol you shouldn't be such a noob. learn

I'm glad they're taking off prime access.

They never said it will be gone forever.  In fact it does state in that news post "Stay tuned for details on the new Prime Access refresh coming your way."  My interpretation of that means they are going to take Ember/Glaive/Sicarus Primes out and rotate in a new Prime frame and two new Prime weapons (whether or not the new stuff is Primes in the game already or new stuff they are going to put in after an update is still unknown).

At this point....I give up advocating my views.

Just a heads up to all the traders. Most Prime parts are selling for about 5 plats in trades. My friends sold mods for 20-450 plats and got all their gear last week. You can too.

Lastly, the boost in numbers of registered players can be due to people making alternate level 3 account to trade off the 50 plats to finish off their main accounts. I personally did not do this, but I know it can be done.

Have fun in all your endeavours. $.$

At this point....I give up advocating my views.

Just a heads up to all the traders. Most Prime parts are selling for about 5 plats in trades. My friends sold mods for 20-450 plats and got all their gear last week. You can too.

Lastly, the boost in numbers of registered players can be due to people making alternate level 3 account to trade off the 50 plats to finish off their main accounts. I personally did not do this, but I know it can be done.

Have fun in all your endeavours. $.$

as far as i understand it, the 50 plat you're given initially cannot be traded. and the restriction to trade is level 2. not 3.

but i haven't attempted this. if it is possible, i would hope it will be quashed soon.

As far it has't been changed, the starters plat AND all giveaways through magazines and online promotes aren't(!) trade-able.

Had lots of beginners, that thought they had some plat left - but actually couldn't use it while trade.

However I maybe wouldn't like to erase the trading system, but set the minimum mastery to 15-20 =) 

Edited by AtLasVegas-EGT-

as far as i understand it, the 50 plat you're given initially cannot be traded. and the restriction to trade is level 2. not 3.

but i haven't attempted this. if it is possible, i would hope it will be quashed soon.

In beware of all exploiters out there, it wasn't possible from the right beginning on ;)

As far it hasn't be changed, the

As far it has't been changed, the starters plat AND all giveaways through magazines and online promotes aren't(!) trade-able.

Had lots of beginners, that thought they had some plat left - but actually couldn't use it while trade.

However I maybe wouldn't like to erase the trading system, but set the minimum mastery to 15-20 =) 

Good ideas.