Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

You mean like leveling an aura capable of giving your frame +28 mod points when it was pretty obvious it was never going to last?  Anyone who leveled it before the nerf/compensation was announced isn't any more innocent than anyone who leveled it after.  If anything, the announcement leveled the playing field, allowing people who didn't take advantage of an obvious design mistake a chance at the same compensation as those that did.

Well not really I have to say I disagree with you on that seeing as Drew said this change was brought on by feedback from the forum where as people who didn't want to rank it didn't use it because c'mon melee still isn't as good as it could be.

As Scott said on the livestream it was changed to help lessen the trouble with melee it isn't that it wasn't intended to be in the game or else it would've been hotfixed faster than that like when NT and other mods were released early.

DE knew what they implemented it wasn't on accident nor a bug but it was unfair and was received poorly which is the reason for why it was fixed it's not because it was breaking the game being sick OP or something more mod points just means less forma but even then slapping on Steel Charge had the drawback of losing the other aura which was useful like ES it was mainly I'm sure for fun for people who just didn't want to forma to get all the mod points.

Now if we said once you installed it at max rank or something it gave you extra mod slots or something wacky then that would've been unintended as it wasn't supposed to do that but the mod points were supposed to be part of the aura as well.

That is why i will save mine cores for something what i really need.

I think it should be one mod level up for 0 credits, but not a whole mod, this is unfair towards other players who did not have the aura at level 6-10. Would have been better if DE paid it back in rare 5 cores.

If anything, the announcement leveled the playing field, allowing people who didn't take advantage of an obvious design mistake a chance at the same compensation as those that did.

Wrong: It simply doubly-screwed everybody who wasn't lucky enough to be awake and at home during that 4-hour period!

Edited by HvcTerr

Let me put it a different way... 

The people who ranked Steel Charge from 5->6 are being given an extra 391 Rare-5 fusion cores plus 1,234,393 credits.

The peopel who ranked Steel Charge from 5->10 are being given an extra 265 Rare-5 fusion cores plus 385,397 credits.

Edited by HvcTerr

Wrong: It simply doubly-screwed everybody who wasn't lucky enough to be awake and at home during that 4-hour period!

It is true that those that didn't take advantage of either the obvious design mistake or the window between the announcement and the implementation are the ones who got the least advantage (they did, at least, have their steel charges get more effective).

But that doesn't change that people who took advantage of the 10 ranks aren't anymore innocent than those that took advantage of the announcement.

I'm not so much concerned with innocence/guilt as the problem that DE is making a shockingly inequitable decision. The fact that people have such motive to exploit it (during the 4-hour window) just shows how terrible it is.

Edited by HvcTerr