The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

The only factor in eligibility was having it ranked above 5...  What you're saying is comparing shooting one Grineer and getting a Brakk. 

Oh.. I thought it had to be maxed.

That's pretty stupid, then.

Are u serious? Do you realise that people abused this explot and got 20+ Cores per account right? U could get 2 cores EACH rank 6 steel charge.. Let me guess, u got the cores, right?

No, I didn't get the cores. Also be sure to read the above.

Incorrect. The legendary cores are more powerful than the cost of ranking from 5 to 10 on steel charge (this is pretty obvious since they can take any mod from 0 to 10 which is further than 5 to 10). So the compensation outweighs the cost entirely with just one core, let alone two. Your also missing that people got these cores at a cost of going from rank 5 to rank 6 or rank 0 to rank 6 too.

Good point.

---

In general, forget my original post. I thought the mod had to be maxed.. that would have been more appropriate. And even then two cores is still more than necessary.

The only option left to DE is to hand out 25 legendary cores to every single account... Makes about as much sense as their initial idea.

As for you people complaining about how you needed compensation. I submitted a ticket to DE asking for a fix on a mod that was mistakenly deleted. This took place last year. Two weeks later this incompetent buffon, takes one look at my account and rolls back all my mods to their previous status.

Serration went from 165% down to 120%, Hornet strike from 200% down to 120%.

DE did nothing about their colossal mess up of my account. Yet you knuckle draggers think you deserve legendary cores.

Tough s**t, you should of got nothing and liked it.

"I got S#&$ handed down to me, you should get S#&$ too!"

What is this, Kindergarten? Just because you got screwed doesn't excuse them for screwing up AGAIN, and more than that, screwing hundreds or thousands of customers instead of just you and you alone.

"I got S#&$ handed down to me, you should get S#&$ too!"

What is this, Kindergarten? Just because you got screwed doesn't excuse them for screwing up AGAIN, and more than that, screwing hundreds or thousands of customers instead of just you and you alone.

No, it's the school of hard knocks and the law is 'Tough s**t'

No one's there when your dreams at night get creepy!

No one cares if you grow...of if you shrink!

No one dries when your eyes get wet an' weepy!

Edited by Blowfist

If they hadn't announced the change, the forums would have blown up just as much, if not more, than this with complaints about not announcing the change. They always do. This time they announced the change.

There will always be complaints, whining, etc. No matter what, since it's impossible to please all people at all times. Literally impossible.

I vote, it's their game. Do what they think is right. People will quit unhappy, but others will join, and stay and enjoy the game and be happy. Take the feedback, but don't take the complaints to heart or get discouraged. Keep on making and improving as they see fit.

I, for one, am quite happy with the evolution of the game since my first time playing.

Yes, I missed out on many things along the way. Events, weapons, mods (like the transmute bug where all mods were available and they let people keep). No complaint. People got lucky, good for them. I still enjoy my play of the game in my way. I don't base my fun on what other people have/do.

I've been thinking about this for quite some time. Is Warframe a religious cult?

They keep information hidden from us and then silently alter our reality behind our backs.

They make promises to us and that only with faith can we believe in them.

They have recently handed out all the bandanas that features the logo of the rising sun.

They have hit us from both sides of the game. Removing the need to mod and the need to grind for gear.

We have no reason to continue existing in this world.

We must kneel before our ancestors.

We must commit Hari Kari

hari_kari_derivatives.png

Edited by Blowfist

I look at it like this. 

Exactly no player in warframe has less than they started with following with the roll out.

A lot of players have more than they started with after the roll out. (because Legendary Cores are seriously hard core)

Some players have the same as before the roll out.

People are mad that either they didn't gain anything, that others gain more they they did, or that others don't deserve the gain they got.

This is insane and childish.  Of the above only the people who got nothing even have a leg to stand on and even that is slightly shaky, the people upset about 'what other people got' need to grow up a bit and realize that what other people have doesn't diminish what they have.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

ok, i'm sad, felt a bit like being back-stabbed,

but that's it

i'm still playing this game, since i play games for its system and gameplay..............not to mention i start playing this game because of the WF and weapon designs

but of course, I'm still not happy with what DE did (giving what... was it 4 or 7 hours of warning before changing..? That's it? so we're allowed to stay away from WF news and forums for that long while we actually also have other things in life to do?)

end of story (for me)

I look at it like this. 

Exactly no player in warframe has less than they started with following with the roll out.

A lot of players have more than they started with after the roll out. (because Legendary Cores are seriously hard core)

Some players have the same as before the roll out.

People are mad that either they didn't gain anything, that others gain more they they did, or that others don't deserve the gain they got.

This is insane and childish.  Of the above only the people who got nothing even have a leg to stand on and even that is slightly shaky, the people upset about 'what other people got' need to grow up a bit and realize that what other people have doesn't diminish what they have.

Distribution of wealth and inequality is not about what other's have and what I want. It's about creating a fair and balanced society in which we are all treated equal. This can be carried over to warframe and if I have to gather thousands of cores and spend millions of credits while another person spends zero credits and clicks one mod he got from exploiting the game I'm playing.

Then I and thousands like me will no longer play that game due to the inequality.

Of the above only the people who got nothing even have a leg to stand on and even that is slightly shaky, the people upset about 'what other people got' need to grow up a bit and realize that what other people have doesn't diminish what they have.

I'm in the group who got nothing and I understand your point but I disagree.

If I max my rare 10 mods, I know I worked damn hard for many hours to achieve that. It is sickening to look at people who were able to abuse this situation and get the same thing for almost zero time and effort. The grind in this game is soul destroying. I don't even really blame the people who abused the system to help reduce their grind, I blame DE for allowing this nonsense to happen. Why should I have to farm 1,500 rare 5 fusion cores and 5 million credits because I wasn't online in a 4 hour window (or 7 hours, whichever, it doesn't matter)?

DE need to acknowledge that they screwed up, again. Had the compensation been equal to the cost of leveling the mod to rank 6 or 7 or whatever it was before DE nerfed it, absolutely none of this would have happened. Instead they throw out the most powerful leveling tools in existence like candy. Tbh if the compensation was slightly higher it wouldn't have been a big deal. The problem is it is so many many times more than cost that people were inclined to abuse it and benefit hugely in an unfair manner.

It is symptomatic of DE lacking a full understanding of the impact of their changes and demonstrates a worrying shortsightedness that is in danger of bringing down the game if they keep causing these uproars.

Edited by Teorina

And what society is this you speak of that is fair and equal?

Think about it. If you have an average of 3 hours a day to play and someone else has an average of 10 hours a day to play. They will have more of everything than you have. Does that mean, in the quest for fairness and equality, that everyone's play time should be limited to the lowest played account? Is it fair to the person that can only log in for 5 minutes a month that we can play more and will have more?

Also, in what way does someone spending less to have the same mod you do powered up to the same level you do change your play? It's not like it doubles the stats of the mod that is leveled up with. Serration won't suddenly grant 800% damage by using that legendary core.

Is it because they can have it faster and cheaper than you? Time spent earning? Well that goes back to my first point of play time equality..

Yea and toxic players like you @met4lh34d are ruining the game by saying that kind of crap... and im not going to stop playing this game cause so random lowlife says i have to.

no please instead of that im going to search your emo &#! and annoy you if i ever will be in a game with you good freaking luck then ;)

and btw i bet your that kind of tramp that never pays for a game and still expects changes and updates and stuff....

Funny how you call others toxic, while spewing some of the most vitriolic, insulting statements I have seen on this forum.

As a Founder, I can assure you that DE does not pick favourites between paying and non-paying customers when it comes to feedback, so I don't know why you feel it's necessary.

Think about it. If you have an average of 3 hours a day to play and someone else has an average of 10 hours a day to play. They will have more of everything than you have. Does that mean, in the quest for fairness and equality, that everyone's play time should be limited to the lowest played account? Is it fair to the person that can only log in for 5 minutes a month that we can play more and will have more?

Also, in what way does someone spending less to have the same mod you do powered up to the same level you do change your play? It's not like it doubles the stats of the mod that is leveled up with. Serration won't suddenly grant 800% damage by using that legendary core.

Is it because they can have it faster and cheaper than you? Time spent earning? Well that goes back to my first point of play time equality..

And by extension what about people who simply paid plat for a maxed Steel charge, are they less deserving of legendary mods because they didn't even put in the effort level a mod at all, they just bought plat and were done with it?

Are we to shut down the market for platinum purchases in the name of equity?

The larger point is people with maxed out mods were rewarded fairly.

In the name of actually creating a workable roll out, people with less than maxed out Steel charges but above the threshold were MORE than fairly compensated.

Nobody was unfairly compensated.

What's going on is this basically, i will explain it quite easily.

Warframe players want others to get less why they get more,

If it were up to the community only one person would be deserving of these "legendary cores".

It's a true look on how our community is were no better than the Call of duty players.

It's a real shame you guys got this bad.

Best Regards.

this is useless its a shame i hoped for a reaction of someone from DE but they can't be arsed to answer us probably cause they dont even care... as long as we pay for plat they dont care.

And everyone that responds with: Ooh shut up stop your whining probably was abusing the hotfix the most and has 20+ legendary cores now and doesnt want to lose them....

and im not trying to win a popularity contest i just want answers and nobody wants to answer my questions... thats the reason why im getting angry and agressief  its not weird when you ignore people they get mad i dont want answers from random people that think that they are everything here i want answers from DE but they dont wanna answer...

Actually, that IS his point. Part of the appeal of progression-based games like this is that they fairly reward based purely on effort and time spent, without the baggage of the real-world entering the equation. This is why there is always such an outcry when a F2P game moves towards Pay-to-Win mechanics. People LIKE that the games are fair and that everyone starts out on an equal footing, that's part of their appeal. Take that away and what do we have left? 

The real world is full of horrible inequalities, and people, especially people playing a video game for escapism, really do NOT want to be reminded of that. What happened here is basically a whole bunch of players suddenly being elevated to the upper echelons of wealth through no great effort of their own... kind of like people being born to rich parents, which, y'know, is something I don't really want to think about while I'm playing Warframe. 

and im not trying to win a popularity contest i just want answers and nobody wants to answer my questions... thats the reason why im getting angry and agressief  its not weird when you ignore people they get mad i dont want answers from random people that think that they are everything here i want answers from DE but they dont wanna answer...

To be fair, they have to discuss this internally first to decide on a course of action for a response. It's only been a day since the initial announcement, so cut them a bit of slack, yeah? 

Edited by Zyrusticae

this is useless its a shame i hoped for a reaction of someone from DE but they can't be arsed to answer us probably cause they dont even care... as long as we pay for plat they dont care.

And everyone that responds with: Ooh shut up stop your whining probably was abusing the hotfix the most and has 20+ legendary cores now and doesnt want to lose them....

if you think just because one person got something and you didnt that its not fair you have alot to learn, life isn't fair maybe this will teach you.

Meanwhile at DE studios

head_in_sand.jpg

Is there any point even posting in the forums? DE clearly don't care about responding to the community and are just hoping it will all blow over and be forgotten in a few days.

They haven't even made a post to address the exploiters who received 10+ legendary cores. DE's intention was clearly not to hand out ten plus cores to a single user account.

Anybody who got more than 2 legendary cores needs to have their account rolled back.

Edited by Blowfist

if you think just because one person got something and you didnt that its not fair you have alot to learn, life isn't fair maybe this will teach you.

This is a VIDEO GAME.

This is NOT life.

This is a computer game we play for FUN. We like these games because they are FAIR (most of the time, at least) when life is NOT. 

Please stop repeating these senseless excuses. 

What's going on is this basically, i will explain it quite easily.

Warframe players want others to get less why they get more,

If it were up to the community only one person would be deserving of these "legendary cores".

It's a true look on how our community is were no better than the Call of duty players.

It's a real shame you guys got this bad.

Best Regards.

The only people who deserves the cores are those who actually used rank 6+ Steel Charge, not those who ranked it only to exploit the situation. You sound like someone DE didn't intend to get compensation for.

Actually, that IS his point. Part of the appeal of progression-based games like this is that they fairly reward based purely on effort and time spent, without the baggage of the real-world entering the equation. This is why there is always such an outcry when a F2P game moves towards Pay-to-Win mechanics. People LIKE that the games are fair and that everyone starts out on an equal footing, that's part of their appeal. Take that away and what do we have left? 

The real world is full of horrible inequalities, and people, especially people playing a video game for escapism, really do NOT want to be reminded of that. What happened here is basically a whole bunch of players suddenly being elevated to the upper echelons of wealth through no great effort of their own... kind of like people being born to rich parents, which, y'know, is something I don't really want to think about while I'm playing Warframe. 

To be fair, they have to discuss this internally first to decide on a course of action for a response. It's only been a day since the initial announcement, so cut them a bit of slack, yeah? 

i want to cut them some slack but by pushing all the problems in 1 direction is not solving anything instead its creating a problem

i dont get it why people are reacting to this if they are so annoyed by the things people are complaining about...

dude please shut up I know that life isnt fair... what do you know about my life that you can decide to say that?

This is a VIDEO GAME.

This is NOT life.

This is a computer game we play for FUN. We like these games because they are FAIR (most of the time, at least) when life is NOT. 

This is life.

without life there would be no video game.

so this logic is flaw.

Pay-to-save-time does not equal Pay-to-win.

This is a common and willfully spread bit of misinformation.

Pay-To-Win: Ability to pay money to gain a gameplay advantage that is unavailable to those who do not pay.  Ie bullets that do more damage, special powers better than those you can get without paying, etc...  the key here is that the things you can but with real money are unavailable without actually paying real money.

Pay-to-save-Time:  Pay real money to skip grind.  Pretty self explanatory: Boosters, buying wepaons and frames, etc... so long as what you end up with is no different than if you got it without paying then it is fair.  This is the foundation of good F2P financing, the othe rhalf is cosmetics whihc have no game effect.

If I enjoy playing the game (which i do) then how long it takes someone else to get something vs. how I got it doesn't actually matter. If what is important is the ability to measure e-peens, well that's another story.

This is a VIDEO GAME.

This is NOT life.

At least someone gets what i mean...

This is life.

without life there would be no video game.

so this logic is flaw.

wtf is wrong with you dude?