Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seer Discussion

BrainInvader

Alright, so the Seer. Interesting weapon but I was wondering how the forums are thinking about the Seer.

Yesterday a short post came through about the seer, where some people stated they hated the Seer extra Zoom-in, and others not mentioning it at all.

What is your opinion on the Seer and how could it be improved?

Personally, I like the seer's stats, but the extra zoom-in kills the weapon for me because you can't really use the extra zoom in due to the projectile being kinda slow and the extra zoom makes it very annoying to use in close range.

this should be in players helping players

this is not feedback

How does this belong in players helping players? MAYBE in general discussion, but this is feedback if devs read what players like/don't like about it.

immolator1001 that is an interesting view point, the problem would be(Although kinda remedied lately) hitting corpus a lot of the head because explosions love hitting their helmet, but for sure an interesting idea.

Great gun for new players.

Personally I found the extreme zoom very disorienting as a new player. That said, how 'new' is a player who has access to the two orokin cells required to craft the Seer? (unless they fell into the trap of wasting starting plat on resources...)

Personally I found the extreme zoom very disorienting as a new player. That said, how 'new' is a player who has access to the two orokin cells required to craft the Seer? (unless they fell into the trap of wasting starting plat on resources...)

That is actually one of rhe better ways to spend them. And I wonder, do any of you love the extra zoom in of the Seer? Or do you just use hip-shots?

Captain Vor drops orokin cell. That's how new players get the seer.

Captain Vor drops orokin cell. That's how new players get the seer.

Tell you what, go farm Vor for cells and see how long it takes to get even one. See you sometime next month.

I've hit Vor for over a hundred runs by now; first as a new player trying to get cells, then helping a couple of guys I introduced to the game, then regularly to try my luck at getting Focus and Gunslinger. No cells in all that time. Could be I'm exceptionally unlucky, though that's unlikely based on the fact that those new players also didn't get any after farming him on their own to try and get the Cronus BP that apparently doesn't do its guaranteed drop any more. Or drop at all, in fact.

I'm not even convinced that cells are on his drop table at all any more. Hell, his drop table seems completely b0rked, but since it doesn't affect the guys doing 40+ minutes of T3 survival, it doesn't matter, am I right?

Tell you what, go farm Vor for cells and see how long it takes to get even one. See you sometime next month.

I've hit Vor for over a hundred runs by now; first as a new player trying to get cells, then helping a couple of guys I introduced to the game, then regularly to try my luck at getting Focus and Gunslinger. No cells in all that time. Could be I'm exceptionally unlucky, though that's unlikely based on the fact that those new players also didn't get any after farming him on their own to try and get the Cronus BP that apparently doesn't do its guaranteed drop any more. Or drop at all, in fact.

I'm not even convinced that cells are on his drop table at all any more. Hell, his drop table seems completely b0rked, but since it doesn't affect the guys doing 40+ minutes of T3 survival, it doesn't matter, am I right?

I got it like 3 weekst ago from him. First time I saw an orokin cell drop from him but he did, amazingly enough, drop one :D

I got it like 3 weekst ago from him. First time I saw an orokin cell drop from him but he did, amazingly enough, drop one :D

You mean before U12, back when he was still dropping the Cronus BP? ;)

That said, we're sidetracking the discussion. Back to the Seer... the zoom is not bad once you get used to it, but makes aiming in close to mid-close range a bit slow and further than mid-long range feels a little inconvenient due to the slight projectile delay. Sweet spot for range is a little small.

It's a very heavy hitter for a handgun and the feel is very positive, though, and I can definitely see it being a strong tool for players who master it. I've kept mine since ranking it to 30, the only secondary so far that's earned a somewhat permanent slot.

I would like to see a new corrupted mod that did something like reduce zoom magnification but increase projectile velocity. Not to hitscan, but enough to make it easier to use non-hitscan weapons. That way those who want Seer's ridiculous magnification can have it and those who don't not only get to remove it but get faster bullets to compensate.

this is not feedback

It is feedback. 

What is your opinion on the Seer and how could it be improved?

This line alone is enough to open the thread for feedback.

On-topic:

Been a long time since I used the seer, but in the past I was a bit disappointed how the tiny explosion that occurred didn't damage surrounding enemies in a tiny radius... I think it should deal some puncture damage and a tiny AoE blast damage. 

Seer is one of my favorite pistols.  I like the zoom on it, makes it great for picking off targets at range.  It's designed to be a sniper pistol.  Against most targets, it is superior to sniper rifles, in large part due to having a magazine size of 8 (11 with Ice Storm).  Up close, the zoom doesn't bother me, because I'm up close, as well as that it drops most targets with a single hit to the chest anyway (with a catalyst, of course).

It also has an awesome feel.  Between the damage and the sound, I feel like Dirty Harry or Sledge Hammer.

In terms of improving it?  Reduce the reload time or increase the magazine size.  But neither is really necessary.

Edited by Axterix13

It also has an awesome feel.  Between the damage and the sound, I feel like Dirty Harry or Sledge Hammer.

I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinking "did he fire eight shots or only seven?" Now to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being this is a Seer, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow you head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Edited by Garuger