Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dojo (Open Rp)

IamStroodle

((Ugh. I return from many days of many things exhausted and with a powerful need to pet a cat.))

By now Miranda had fully slouched in her chair, snoring with mild volume as Leviathan sat by the door, watching as usual.

Droben took two cards and gave them to Kate, taking another two for himself. "Depending on the correspondence of cards, you get points. If they're just two random cards, it's called a high card, and that's the worst you can get" he said, looking at the unfortunate pairing of a 5 of clubs and a 7 of hearts in his hand.

"Two of a kind is the next best, which is when you have two of the same value cards. Say, two aces. Three of the same value card is even better than that, and four is better than that. There are also flushes, which is when you have a bunch of cards going in order, like 3, 4, 5, 6. If they all have the same suit, that's better."

Droben was about to go on when he realized just how complicated poker was. "Y'know what, it really is a game that you just need to pick up and learn. Pretty much just look for patterns. If you want to bring money into this," Droben's eye glinted, "I'd be happy to oblige."

Having been blocked by a snarling kubrow, Crimson would find himself stuck outside of the ship. The sound, however, woke Miranda up. "Huh? Mzzrph... She rose slowly to her feet, cracking her back with a satisfying snapping sound. When she opened her eyes, she cocked her head. "Dafuq are you doing here?"

Rubbing her face in exhaustion, Miranda spoke with a warped, tired voice. "Because you aren't any fun. Too simple, too upright. Not my flavor. I'm not going to pretend to be someone that I'm not, so why keep wasting my time on you? We can drink. That's it. If I'm going to be in a relationship, I'm gonna do it right."

As she sat back down in her seat and span about, she stopped to say one more thing. "Oh, and I wouldn't look at my kubrow like that if I were you. I need to clean the ship anyway, so I won't really have an issue mopping your entrails off of my floor." On that note, Miranda span around one more time casually, and closed her eyes.

((Ok, I'll edit it to regular english and limit Abra to just understanding Russian, not speaking the language))

Kate looked at her cards. "A deuce of hearts and a seven of diamonds. That's a high pair, then. Also, no, I hate gambling. Too risky."

*Several months ago...*

"Gimme mai moneys, dealeh!" She slurred, taking a swig of Prod vodka with threshcone extract.

"Kate? What are you doing!?" Abra yelled over the Tennostep and roaring crowd.

"Imma bet all 1857000 credits of mine to dis!"

*Present...*

Kate momentarily shuddered, remembering the mother of all hangovers.

"Alright," said Droben, putting away his deceptively thick wallet. In actuality, most of the bulk came from small sketches, blueprints, recipes, and an inch thick wad of uncalled girls' phone numbers, but there was also a credit card and some change.

"And don't tell me your cards, it's all about concealment. That's why gambling usually makes it more fun, since you have to think whether it's worth it to put in all your chips or not."

After reshuffling the cards, Droben looked up to see Kate observing him. Impress her.. After a quick moment of thought, Droben threw one of the cards at a wall, burying it in the structure. Again, he did this, landing the card just above its mate. He looked up. "Jokers," he said, before he dealt two cards to Kate and two to himself.

Droben held back a smile with the practice of a skilled gambler. Queen of hearts, queen of spades. not bad.

Oaker fell forward in his swivel chair as the Lacrymosa came out of warp. As per his calculations, they had left just outside the dojo's deep radar range. The other members of his fleet soon appeared slightly farther away, outside of detection range. "Who did I place in charge of Tehtra II again?" He asked the nearest aide, swiveling around. "I believe you placed Endymion in charge of the vessel, Admiral," The aide said. 

"Lacrymosa to Tethra II, bring the ship towards the front, I'm going to need you here with me," Oaker said before opening another comm line, this time to the dojo. 

((By the way yes, I got moderatificated since Winged and Soundwave are infrequently online))

A voice is broadcasted to the Lacrymosa. "Welcome to the Dojo, a hub for all peaceful Tenno, Grineer, and Corpus alike. State your purpose."

Droben took the deck of cards and placed another three on the bed. "The... flop I think it's called? At this point I'm just going off of my memory which is... well... shotty at the best." An ace of clubs, a queen of diamonds, and a 3 of clubs revealed themselves.

"This affects both of us, so if it matches with any cards you have, that's applied. But if it matches with any of mine, same goes." Droben smiled as he drew the mental line between his three kings.

Oaker smirked as the channel opened, "We, of the 4th Freedom Fleet, require repairs and refueling after a battle with a corpus convoy. I am Admiral Oaker, commander of this fleet. Additionally I would like to allow the crew of my ships to enter your dojo for shore leave. Credits can be paid up front."

After he sent the message the Tethra II pulled up alongside the Lacrymosa, the giant grineer war machine dwarfing the other ships of the fleet.

Oaker commanded the fleet towards the dojo, the giant Formorian Class christened the Tethra II only slightly smaller than the dojo itself. As the Lacrymosa docked several crew members ran down the gangplank, eager to spend their shore leave as well as possible. One of these crew, a Mirage named Agatha, proceeded to the customs office with her duffel, her wyrm prime beeping by her shoulder and her little kubrow pup hanging onto the leg of her jeans. 

As the passengers passed through customs, all were treated equally, having their bags searched and weapons checked. Anyone identified as a non-Tenno was assigned a guardian sentinel to protect them - or neutralize them - in the event of an incident. Once all were identified, and any with a legal history were set aside, they were free to go.

*Shyla happily and carefully takes the egg* "Thank you very much" *She says quickly getting the egg to the safety of an incubator*

"If the kubrow has some connections or something towards me let me know I guess it would start to whine and be somewhat sad I guess. Since I was first who touch the egg after the Wild Kubrows" Damascus said he started focusing and used Remote View to check where Rota is. Soon Rota felt like that she is being watched at the arena but there seems not to be anybody else than she. Damascus watched how well she does the fighting.

Damascus then quit using the Remote view and gasped from using his energy "I will be on my way to other things now" Damascus said as started walking away leaving his codex connection code to Shyla.

Edited by Revel72

Agatha found an onsen with a "pets allowed" sign on the door. She entered the wooden structure, placing her combat boots on the tatami mat she paid the fee and found a corridor with 3 doors. 

"Hmm....," She wondered which door to pick. Suddenly her kubrow slid from her arms and bounded towards the middle door before accidentally headbutting the deceptively fragile shogi sliding door.

"looks like I'm going into that one," she said, before unknowingly walking into the men's bath. 

Droben took the deck of cards and placed another three on the bed. "The... flop I think it's called? At this point I'm just going off of my memory which is... well... shotty at the best." An ace of clubs, a queen of diamonds, and a 3 of clubs revealed themselves.

"This affects both of us, so if it matches with any cards you have, that's applied. But if it matches with any of mine, same goes." Droben smiled as he drew the mental line between his three kings.

"I hope you're ready..." Kate declared with a victorious grin and arm movements that would put Phoenix Wright to shame. "FOR THE WIN!"

She slammed her two aces by their sibling on the flop.

((By the way yes, I got moderatificated since Winged and Soundwave are infrequently online))

(On the contrary buddy, I check at /least/ once every half hour if posting's slow. I just get logged off my iPhone a lot, so I only log in when I need to reply, but go ahead, it's not taking away my title so I name you honorary mod for when I'm not around.)

(Edit; I check every three minutes if posting's not slow.)

Edited by WingedCrusade