Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Faction Concept] The Hvetja

k8Faust

I had intended to submit this for the recent contest, but missed the deadline by a few hours. The idea is a new faction and event. The event would consist of missions to free groups of Hvetja, or to kill their faction leaders. This faction would serve as both allies and enemies of the Tenno, during and after the event. Their ideal is to be like the Tenno; honed warriors encased in weapons of war. The Grineer of the Hvetja want to correct their damaged DNA (like Tyl Regor), the Corpus of the Hvetja want to create a suit that could rival the Tenno.

The dialogue between the Hvetja and Lotus, setting up the event and hinting at future possibilities, is linked below as a Google Slide presentation. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/14MWMpwVpEoU6eZc6aZcSfpiZ88nj7CTagvmqSiMRuNU/edit?usp=sharing

Hmmm...
Im not sure how I feel about this.
Allies in future missions might make stealth gameplay imposible
and having a 3rd agressive faction (like the stalker), would be interesting...

I rather see a third faction, be led by the stalker, and have more random "assassins" in missions.
kinda like the heyena pack.
have 3 stalker "folowers" apear in the same gear set up.
not having nearly the same strength as the stalker, or speed, or abilities.
but, just another little thing to throw at us in random missions.
perhaps leaving behind legondary cores as a reward? (or a reward for killing the stalker atleast)

How is Hvetja pronounced? There are WAY too many consonants for my brain to figure out. :3

Vet-jah, go to google translate, put it in english, type the word in and they tell you. The first or second letter is silent or pronounced in a different letter if both are consonants.

Hmmm...

Im not sure how I feel about this.

Allies in future missions might make stealth gameplay imposible

and having a 3rd agressive faction (like the stalker), would be interesting...

I rather see a third faction, be led by the stalker, and have more random "assassins" in missions.

kinda like the heyena pack.

have 3 stalker "folowers" apear in the same gear set up.

not having nearly the same strength as the stalker, or speed, or abilities.

but, just another little thing to throw at us in random missions.

perhaps leaving behind legondary cores as a reward? (or a reward for killing the stalker atleast)

I don't mean allies in the sense that they'd always be with you. I mean allies like in the invasion missions; they would be someone to fight alongside in specific mission types, and as a faction that actively tries to help you. However, there are scenarios in which Hvetja are turned against the Tenno.

I agree that having more ambushes and hunters would be great; in this instance, it could be an anti-Tenno death-squad. They could appear as a 'wrinkle'; much like the way a mission can go from sabotage to elimination, a mission could turn in to a fight or flight scenario:

"Tenno, I've detected a mercenary squad of Hvetja Svero* closing on your position. Get out of there, now!" and then the mission turns in to an escape/extraction, but you can try and take them on if you're confident.

*Svero is Icelandic for sword.

Furthermore, there could be Void-based missions--using the current Alert system maybe?--where you'd cleanse a corrupted Hvetja base and recover or destroy their research.

To shed some more light on what I was thinking with the Hvetja faction:

Hvetja is Icelandic, it means to sharpen, to encourage, to catalyze.

These are rebels from both the Grineer and Corpus factions. They operate in cells.

They want to escape to the Void. Here they can set up multiple bases of operation to keep from cross-contaminating their research.

They want to perform research to restore Grineer DNA, advance Corpus technology, and fuse their two races into a single race.

They want to fight against the Grineer and Corpus because they disagree with their ideals.

In the Void, they are susceptible to being Corrupted by the Orokin systems, infested, or invaded by the Corpus or Grineer.

It is possible that they could be infiltrated by spies of either faction, and parts of their research stolen.

It could give basis for Corpus and Grineer inspired Warframes.

There could be sects within the Hvetja; some who desire to be controlled by the Orokin, some who worship the Infested, and some who simply hate the Tenno more than the Corpus and Grineer.

It's also possible for it to be lead by Tyl Regor, or be centered around Tyl Regor, as he is the Grineer most capable of reversing the degradation of his faction's DNA.