Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Isn't Dive Bomb Part Of Tail Wind?

Volt_Cruelerz

These abilities just seem so similar... It just seems odd that they aren't just one ability.

Just make it fly towards your reticle. If you happen to hit a static object, you deal radial AoE damage based on how fast you were going at the time.

It would also open up room in her [2] for something else, maybe something like this?

Aerial View

-50 energy

-reveals all enemies within 30/40/50/60m to allies and amplifies damage against those enemies by 20/30/40/50% for 5/7/10/12 seconds; Zephyr is unaffected by gravity for the duration.  Using melee or another ability will cut the duration of floating down to 3 seconds.

Or this?

Downdraft

-50 energy

-all enemies within 15/17/19/21m are slammed into the ground, stunning them briefly and dealing minor impact damage.  Enemies that were airborne (Tornado, Rhino Stomp, Bastille, Crush, Reckoning, etc) are dealt major impact damage and stunned much longer.

Or maybe this?

Vacuum Pump

-50 energy

-instantly extinguishes all fires on allies, enemy weapons (neutralize Scorches), and environmental hazards; deals minor DoT to enemies; increases damage dealt by allied fire damage for 10/12/14/16 seconds.

Or...

Oxidize

-50 energy

-allies have limitless stamina for 10/11/12/13 seconds and enemy armor is halved for the same duration

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Dive bomb is mostly fine imo. What I'd like to be changed is that it hits everything that are in the radius and not only those who are on the same level as you are. If you dive bomb onto a one feet high platform and there's an enemy standing next to the platform, he doesn't get hit.

These abilities just seem so similar...  It just seems odd that they aren't just one ability.  Just make it fly you into whatever you're aimed at and the faster you're going, the more damage you do to nearby enemies if you hit a wall.

True. Divebomb just seems like a downward aimed tail wind with some extra sfx and a bit of aoe damage. I like this idea. You'd still be able to divebomb by just pointing down, but you can also do it into walls and stuff. +1 to you.

I kind of thought this as well, until I realized that Dive Bomb does more damage the further you fall with it. Tail Wind only travels a certain distance in any direction, so it doesn't quite fit. Maybe you could still integrate that aspect of it by making midair Tail Wind go further the more downward you aim it.

Also Dive Bomb is the only one of Zephyr's powers that doesn't start with a "T".

These abilities just seem so similar...  It just seems odd that they aren't just one ability.  Just make it fly you into whatever you're aimed at and the faster you're going, the more damage you do to nearby enemies if you hit a wall.

Makes so much sense. 

Considering Dive Bomb and Tail Wind both cost 25 Energy, I see no objection here. 25 to fly up and 25 to crash down totals as 50 energy which is about what the slam is worth, and it'd make using the skill far more intuitive (ie, you can aim it, sweep down on enemies, etc). 

Ability 2 could be something to let her hover in the air for a few seconds, perhaps by reducing the effect of gravity on her even more, giving her a vantage point for some quick sniping or to aim another Tail Wind. (Name: Hang Time? Updraft? Sky Hook?)

Edited by Varzy

Considering Dive Bomb and Tail Wind both cost 25 Energy, I see no objection here. 25 to fly up and 25 to crash down totals as 50 energy which is about what the slam is worth, and it'd make using the skill far more intuitive (ie, you can aim it, sweep down on enemies, etc). 

Ability 2 could be something to let her hover in the air for a few seconds, perhaps by reducing the effect of gravity on her even more, giving her a vantage point for some quick sniping or to aim another Tail Wind. (Name: Hang Time? Updraft? Sky Hook?)

Aerial View

-50 energy

-reveals all enemies within 30/40/50/60m to allies and amplifies damage against those enemies by 20/30/40/50% for 10/12/14/16 seconds; Zephyr is unaffected by gravity for the duration

Something like that?

Aerial View

-50 energy

-reveals all enemies within 30/40/50/60m to allies and amplifies damage against those enemies by 20/30/40/50% for 10/12/14/16 seconds; Zephyr is unaffected by gravity for the duration

Something like that?

The name alone, Aerial View, is perfect.

The effects suggested there are also super interesting and could blow her gameplay wide open. I'd worry 50 energy is a bit low, though. IMO duration should be 5/7/10/12 seconds (because let's face it, everyone will use Duration mods on her), and using another ability or swinging her melee weapon would cut the duration down to about 3 seconds -- so she has enough time to Tailwind bomb some enemies or abort it altogether.

I kind of thought this as well, until I realized that Dive Bomb does more damage the further you fall with it. Tail Wind only travels a certain distance in any direction, so it doesn't quite fit. Maybe you could still integrate that aspect of it by making midair Tail Wind go further the more downward you aim it.

Also Dive Bomb is the only one of Zephyr's powers that doesn't start with a "T".

Or just make it so that there's less drag on her than other frames so she maintains the speed better after the initial speed boost.

Aerial View

-50 energy

Something like that?

While it would be fun, this would turn Zephyr into one of the most broken and strong frames.  This is already Banshee's signature move (and Rhino's Roar) - there's no reason why we'd want to take that away from her.

I definitely support merging dive bomb into tail wind.  I'd also like to see tail wind go where you aim if you duck for faster/more intuitive use of TW.

One idea for an ability:

Gust

75 Energy - Zephyr projects a pressurized blast that lifts and disorients enemies in front of her.  All enemies within X range in a cone receive Y (low) impact damage and are thrown vertically and ragdolled.  Works on targets behind cover.

While it would be fun, this would turn Zephyr into one of the most broken and strong frames.  This is already Banshee's signature move (and Rhino's Roar) - there's no reason why we'd want to take that away from her.

I definitely support merging dive bomb into tail wind.  I'd also like to see tail wind go where you aim if you duck for faster/more intuitive use of TW.

One idea for an ability:

Gust

75 Energy - Zephyr projects a pressurized blast that lifts and disorients enemies in front of her.  All enemies within X range in a cone receive Y (low) impact damage and are thrown vertically and ragdolled.  Works on targets behind cover.

Roar goes up to 2x and Sonar is 4x I thought.

With your idea though, that's a whole lot of energy for something that does the same thing as her ult.

EDIT: check the OP for Downdraft.  You might find it more to your liking.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz