The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Is Indeed The Master Race.

OriKlein

At the end, consoles and their puny "my graphics are better" wars are negligent.

You don't need that negligent "p" thrown onto your quality definion, like "1080".

Computer monitors are not televisions, which is what consoles use; they never used interlacing, they were always progressive scanning.

Monitors are finally taking the long-awaited leap since IBM released the T220, a 3840×2400 screen, in the late 2000 and the plague of "HD" befall upon us, halted natural resolution and quality progression of monitors, and sodomized PC users since into the bullS#&$ widescreen at smaller resolutions, than even 4:3 CRTs had provided until then, and at higher prices for higher inches.

Now salvation is at hand. The 4k is descending upon us. The revolution has begun.

The consoles are once again being left far, far, behind by the speeding sheer force of PC processing prowess.

And while I'm there, I'll plug Chris Roberts, because I love the man.

(Yes, this is all rendered by the in-game engine. Deal.)

Edited by OriKlein

May I press the question as to your need to spread this information? 

Everyone knows about PC being superior graphically, it's a given. All I see here is an attempt to rile up those who play on the console.

Not everyone knows of/is willing to acknowledge the PC's superiority. 

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Not everyone knows of/is willing to acknowledge the PC's superiority. 

That is absolute bull. The only thing that is not common knowledge is that a computer CAN be cheaper with the same or better power of a console. Everything else is full knowledge to ANYBODY who games, especially those who trove around in gaming forums. 

That is absolute bull. The only thing that is not common knowledge is that a computer CAN be cheaper with the same or better power of a console. Everything else is full knowledge to ANYBODY who games, especially those who trove around in gaming forums. 

Hahaha, no. I've lost count of the number of people I've schooled on this subject. Most things that get filed under common knowledge/sense aren't nearly as common as you'd think. Many people believe that there is no difference in specs between PC and [insert their favored console here], there are people out there who claim that the human eye can't see a difference between 1080p and anything beyond that, there are people make all sorts of human eye to fps claims, there are people who flat out claim that the PC has no exclusives. Hell, I JUST had a conversation with a person (no idea what their gender was) who absolutely refused to step down from their position, that position being that current 'next-gen' consoles are actually more powerful than PCs. And they cited some BS anecdotal 'evidence' the entire time.

The only draw I've seen for consoles over PC is monetary costs over time. Yes, PC offers by far the better experience. The issue in my time as a PC gamer is that it's also a very expensive hobby, requiring repetitive hardware updates to keep up with the technology that's getting developed. The main guarantee with a console is that if you buy it, you can typically be set for about 5+ years. According to what I've heard, with a PC you typically would require some kind of hardware update by around that time.

Edited by TheThreadWeaver

The only draw I've seen for consoles over PC is monetary costs over time. Yes, PC offers by far the better experience. The issue in my time as a PC gamer is that it's also a very expensive hobby, requiring repetitive hardware updates to keep up with the technology that's getting developed. The main guarantee with a console is that if you buy it, you can typically be set for about 5+ years. According to what I've heard, with a PC you typically would require some kind of hardware update by around that time.

Expensive? Barring the start up costs my experiences would point towards the opposite. Games are super cheap and hardware upgrades are more of a option than a requirement unless you wish to play newer more demanding games (games that a console comparable to your PC wouldn't be able to run either).

And with a console you'd require an entirely new console around that time as well.

See, this is the thing: consoles are made for a 4-5 years development&deployment cycle.

That is their life span. Afterwhich, the next generation comes out.

Once a console ends its development, R&D immediately begins on the next one. Within several years a new console is ready and is launched and the old one is retired.

No one promises you backward compatibility to run older generation games or that your current one will be able to run (more than most likely not) newer games released at the time of the next generation coming out.

Whereas with PC, you'd likely be able to run the new-coming games (although at a visual mediocrity) and you could still run the same games that were at the time when you bought it.

Or if you upgrade, again, you have backward compatibility almost guaranteed.

PC simply acquires the next step of hardware earlier since there's nothing limiting it to a schedule.

NVIDIA/ATI are working on the next step of GPU right now, it can be here by tomorrow or next year.

Intel/ATI are working on the next step of CPU right now, it can be here by tomorrow or next year.

It doesn't mean that you have to upgrade to it or that games will require it, it simply means it'll be available for a stronger computer far earlier than it would be for a console (if at all, since consoles don't go for high-end hardware) and that if developers wish to tap its potential power they may be able to do so and adjust their aims higher.

The console also need to be reliable in its hardware (which, for some reason, they keep failing at it. RROD/BlueRay, to name), so the manufacturers' engineers usually wait for hardware to mature and be in service (stressed to hell and back by the hardcore PC crowd) and have numerous updates and other software/hardware vendors' support before they design it into their console.

This means that by the time a technology is incorporated into a console it has been on the market for several years and is already "dated" or mediocre in its performance compared to what's available and what PC users may have.

Consoles are sold at a loss, roughly 25~30% below their production cost (otherwise they'd cost as much as a PC with average, or below, performance), however, their games sold at 100-250% the price point.

On the other hand, PC prices are not as steep as they are made to be; should you be least bit competent with slight mechanical aptitude, not even very tech saavy but good at reading comprehension and research (also: not a lazy fat frag such as myself :D), you could import the individual components from manufacturers' backdoor sales, assemble the machine yourself and cut significantly on costs.

And the games themselves are much cheaper and with platforms such as GOG and Steam you often get a significant discount rush across several promoted titles.

Best Regards,

Edited by OriKlein