Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I -Love- Playing Excalibur, But..

WhiteCopain

I really love playing Excalibur. It's honestly a lot of fun when enemies can fight me and I'm not just casting a big aoe that one shots entire room (like Rhino/Nova/other boring frames), the fact that his ult hits limited targets and such is great.

The real problem with Excalibur is the fact that slash dash and his ult can just not work right half the time. I almost never use slash dash as anything but to get around anymore because host or not, half the time I use it, I glide through enemies and don't even harm them. His ult sometimes homes in on enemies (Rather it shoots the javelins out in a way that would hit targeted enemies), and it sometimes doesn't. Even when it does it can get stuck on the most tiny things such as the tip of an object, or I can see like ten of them get stuck in a Shield Lancer's shield. Now while I'm fine with that happening (even though the lancer can't block things like Rhino's stomp or even bullets), it would be nice if the lancer atleast had his shield flap away rather then continue walking at me and beat the S#&$ out of me before I get control back.

As I said at the start, I love playing Excalibur, I'd rather him not get some big buff or remake because it's honestly a lot of fun actually having to play the game instead just walking into every room and pressing 4, it's a lot more challenging, and a lot of fun, but even if he stays as one of the weaker frames (or weakest, depends on your view), it would be nice if he atleast worked.

I really love playing Excalibur. It's honestly a lot of fun when enemies can fight me and I'm not just casting a big aoe that one shots entire room (like Rhino/Nova/other boring frames), the fact that his ult hits limited targets and such is great.

The real problem with Excalibur is the fact that slash dash and his ult can just not work right half the time. I almost never use slash dash as anything but to get around anymore because host or not, half the time I use it, I glide through enemies and don't even harm them. His ult sometimes homes in on enemies (Rather it shoots the javelins out in a way that would hit targeted enemies), and it sometimes doesn't. Even when it does it can get stuck on the most tiny things such as the tip of an object, or I can see like ten of them get stuck in a Shield Lancer's shield. Now while I'm fine with that happening (even though the lancer can't block things like Rhino's stomp or even bullets), it would be nice if the lancer atleast had his shield flap away rather then continue walking at me and beat the S#&$ out of me before I get control back.

As I said at the start, I love playing Excalibur, I'd rather him not get some big buff or remake because it's honestly a lot of fun actually having to play the game instead just walking into every room and pressing 4, it's a lot more challenging, and a lot of fun, but even if he stays as one of the weaker frames (or weakest, depends on your view), it would be nice if he atleast worked.

Slash Dash: Make sure you have a range mod installed, as it increases distance traveled AND the width of the slash

Radial Javelin: Javelins ALWAYS track targets. If it hits a shield lancer's shield, oh well you're out of luck. 

Excalibur is mostly useful in endgame for his mobility and for Radial Blind. I wouldnt worry to much about his damage.

It's ok take a min review the situation and think it out again...

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

Slash Dash: Make sure you have a range mod installed, as it increases distance traveled AND the width of the slash

Radial Javelin: Javelins ALWAYS track targets. If it hits a shield lancer's shield, oh well you're out of luck. 

Excalibur is mostly useful in endgame for his mobility and for Radial Blind. I wouldnt worry to much about his damage.

I've seen Javelin go into walls and not an enemy plenty.