Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exclusives Megathread (The Eternal Struggle Of Giving A Damn And Not Giving A Damn About Event Items)

Mateus_ex_Machina

Selfishness and Greed is what makes the world go round my friend

Really? I thought it was accountancy that made the world go round, round, round....

Either way, wow some people are spoiled, DE already said they're bringing back event items from their Disney Vault. Founders items are more like the Arc of the Covenant from Raiders of the Lost Arc- it's been put in a dark place where "top men are looking at it"

Really? I thought it was accountancy that made the world go round, round, round....

Either way, wow some people are spoiled, DE already said they're bringing back event items from their Disney Vault. Founders items are more like the Arc of the Covenant from Raiders of the Lost Arc- it's been put in a dark place where "top men are looking at it"

as long as Founder's items stay exclusive imma be happy im not even mad if people get to buy the snipetron vandal for 1 credit one day :T i mean it's still retaining its "Event-Exclusive" status

Only reason i don't want it to make it available to everyone easily is because we had to make 100 runs at least on that monotonous event and and it received nerfs thanks to jealous kids who did not get it. If it would not get nerfed i would say ok but make it heavy grind once again. Otherwise no, i dont want them to release like this as Detron.

The only real complaint I'm seeing about this and any posts agreeing with not releasing the Brakk is that those with it now earned it in the event. So why not re-release the event or an event like it rewarding it to those without? That way those that weren't playing 6 months ago still have a chance, and those with it now don't have to worry about noobs or whatever being gifted something they had to work for.

That way everyone gets a cool reward, and everyone has/had to work for it.

Waaaat.

This is ridiculous.....event weapons are exclusive.....sigh...

As said so many times the event was an early release exclusive like cod dlc's to xbox month before PlayStation, considering 6 months plus exclusive use how can u moan u have had that time to upgrade it, forma it and use it. I would say they using exclusive  weapons for balance testing so they wont be released till they are happy with the balance.

Edited by (PS4)Dean_Harvey

Honestly, I think they should not bring it back but actually make a updated and better skin version of Brakk and release it as a reward for a new event.

and people with no brakk will just have the skin for show what a great suggestion you got there

Have Brakk as a reward for another event.

Give all existing Brakk owners a fancy skin.

That way people have a second chance at getting their hands on the Brakk and those of us that already have one get a way of distinguishing our gradivus-earned gear from the second release.

That way people have a second chance at getting their hands on the Brakk and those of us that already have one get a way of distinguishing our gradivus-earned gear from the second release.

Good compromise detected. Please learn how to forum.

I think the issue stems from the fact that the game lacks a certain degree of itemization, specifically the ability to aquire super-rare items.
There are, of course, a few - stalker equipment, nekros, vauban, and of course most of the prime gear - but they are still relatively easy to get. On top of that finding them is as easy as running the prerequisite mission(s) untill you get the part(s).
Which, all in all, means that no item - save for exclusive items - gives the player the sensation of being in some way unique, which I think is a draw for many, when it comes to games that rely on itemization to an extensive degree.

Event-specific items should, in my opinion, be akin to "early-access"; prototype weaponry that can subsequently be reverse-engineered and put into manufacturing (i.e. released from the mythical Disney Vault). If in-game items become truly exclusive, the gap between veterans and newcommers will only increase exponentially, especially if they're actual useable items, and not just cosmetic rewards. As a result, newcommers will feel increasingly alienated, as they are faced with a plethora of unobtainable items that vets vehemently argue against them ever getting their hands on.

But that still leaves the gap of being able to feel, to some extent, unique. I think we've already seen hints of the answer; Legendary items.
Things that are so rare that they require an extraordinary amount of dedication to find reliably, and that, as a result, could be as good as exclusive items in terms of effective distribution, but not effectively exclusive, as even newcommers could find it - again with the same degree of dedication. In other words, the dedication needed to aquire the item isn't relegated to a set time-frame, only the oppertunity to get "early access" to new toys is.
To avoid the same scenario as we have now, they would - of course - have to either be much rarer drops, or much harder to find (i.e. no specific drop location).

Personally, I think that seems to be the most community- and lore-friendly solution.
Finding a unique weapon of Orokin - or unkown - origin could arguably prevent the aforementioned reverse-engineering, explain why they are hard to find, and as a result are quite rare among the playerbase, while the same would not be the case for that shiny but oddly shaped Grineer bow, which would just take time to enter distribution, since the tech behind it isn't unobtainable or completely unkown.
People are still rewarded for their efforts in events, can still feel unique given enough dedication to finding super-unique items ("Super-unique" just for clarification, in case we consider Prime gear already "unique"), and newcommers aren't faced with eventually joining and having 1/3rd or more of all weapons be somehow "exclusive".

The end-result should, hopefully, be that there are:
- Early-access rewards for event participation, on top of cosmetic rewards.
- Super-rare items that are extraordinarily hard to find, and as a result also rare among the playerbase.
- Little to no exclusivity that alienates newcommers, but sufficient rarity that people can feel unique.

Edited by Santiak

As said so many times the event was an early release exclusive like cod dlc's to xbox month before PlayStation, considering 6 months plus exclusive use how can u moan u have had that time to upgrade it, forma it and use it. I would say they using exclusive  weapons for balance testing so they wont be released till they are happy with the balance.

oh well....it's not like i wasn't expecting it....but anyways...since its come down to this, i can only say, that it's fine by me. 

Well if I release brack for all hope to be left like S#&$, why these tears come from not having the Weapon OP on duty at the time was the Acric now brack sincerely I voya disturb more in ahcer events for corpus of grineer or if full as they say and I'll have another post. 

Tespecto if my OP or not I do not care that I play with the weapons that I like regardless if they are strong or not what really bothers me esque bother me get something and now they want to take everywhere. 

Since I want to ask my mod 100% damage in the first shot magazine and vandal snipetron

Brakk is an event weapon not a weapon that you can buy or earn due to foundation.

How can you know that the Brakk will be added to the latest new event?

So what if they add the Brakk to be obtainable by farming for it?

Isn't unfair that some people never even got Strun Wraith, Snipetron Vandal, Twin Vipers Wraith? Just because they started to play the game after the events or didn't have time.These event weapons should be re-added to events/game, players deserve another chance.

Yes

Brakk is an event weapon not a weapon that you can buy or earn due to foundation.

How can you know that the Brakk will be added to the latest new event?

So what if they add the Brakk to be obtainable by farming for it?

Isn't unfair that some people never even got Strun Wraith, Snipetron Vandal, Twin Vipers Wraith? Just because they started to play the game after the events or didn't have time.These event weapons should be re-added to events/game, players deserve another chance.

We know because DE said so.

The event weapons are in a Metaphorical Disney Vault and are making a return in future events whenever they decide.

Or nah.

We have the gradivus badge did you forget?

Thats an exclusive don't see you trying to defend that

I started playing warframe on ps4, and when I found out that there was an Excalibur prime, I wanted it. When I found out about the brakk, I wanted, all the one time release weapons, I want them. Do I feel I deserve them? No. Exclusive items are just that. I'd be offended if I paid extra money for an excal prime, only for people to come into the game at a later date and cry their way into getting it. However, many of us ps4 owners aren't PC gamers and I for one, ave been playing this since playstations release. It would be nice if DE would give their new day one loyal gamers a chance at something unique or special. A playstation exclusive of some sort. And I don't mean a $150 syandana...

If they release the weapons again then I will not care, IF they have to do something equally as grindy whether it be low drop rates or a certain amount of missions I do not care.

If they get it for free then ill be angry, I don't care if everyone has brakk or whatever weapon just that they actually worked to get it.

That is all.

quot+Gorilla+warfare+quot+My+jimmies+rem