Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Progression As New Player. I Have Some Doubt ^^

Darkmoto

Question

I'm having some trouble completing missions in the second planet venus, the problem is that I die very quickly,and dont know if is my lv. xd, not whether the ranking and the level is the same, or my level is the small number near my avatar?

the rank of my warframe is 8 ( choose VOLT)

And the small number near of my avatar is 1

Sorry for my english ^^, i speak spanish.

Edited by Darkmoto

10 answers to this question

You need to farm mods and get more powerful weapons. Just keep playing. The new mod system is a bit rough but once you get a few its starts getting easier. Also, spring some money for a sentinel if you can. The wyrm recharges your shield.

The level of a mission does not relate any level your character uses. It only shows the level of the enemy, which determines their stats.

The level near your Avatar is meaningless. This is just your overall 'rank', like a Battlefield game rank. All it really does is unlock access to some guns/weapons. Which you still have to buy. This is increased every time you level up a Warframe or a Weapon. When it fills you can 'test' to the next rank. See the little title above my forum avatar head? That's what it gives you.

The level of your Warframe also has nothing to do with enemy level. Ditto your weapons.

You need go back to Mercury and get more Mods and level up your frame/weapons a bit. I would also suggest that if you have been playing solo turn on the Online mode. This game is built around Co-Op. It makes it easy at times when you have 4 people on the same map.

You do not need a sentinel. I would not spend the Platinum on one. Slowly save your Credits for the 100.000 Credit Blueprint. I use my Platinum on Waframe slots. Or an Orokin Reactor if I find a Warfame I really want to use at a higher level. That includes a Sentinels, which use Orokin Reactors. Curretly the Shade seems to be the best choice of sentinel if you get one. It is not as agressive as the Wyrm, but it can use the Ghost Ability which makes fighting Infected almost a joke. Both Sentinels can use Guardian, which will restore some of your shields.

Edited by Brasten

I agree you should wait until you get some good mods first before going to a different planet but remember than you don't have to do it alone. There are a lot of people who can help you if you play online. You'll find mods faster and if you go down they can revive you. Also remember that the enemies are pretty smart so you have to play very smart, don't run in slashing.

The level of a mission does not relate any level your character uses. It only shows the level of the enemy, which determines their stats.

The level near your Avatar is meaningless. This is just your overall 'rank', like a Battlefield game rank. All it really does is unlock access to some guns/weapons. Which you still have to buy. This is increased every time you level up a Warframe or a Weapon. When it fills you can 'test' to the next rank. See the little title above my forum avatar head? That's what it gives you.

The level of your Warframe also has nothing to do with enemy level. Ditto your weapons.

You need go back to Mercury and get more Mods and level up your frame/weapons a bit. I would also suggest that if you have been playing solo turn on the Online mode. This game is built around Co-Op. It makes it easy at times when you have 4 people on the same map.

Great ! Thx guys this help me alot ^^ i will farm in mercury in co-op ^^ to with the mods and try to save the credits for the blueprints

i have one more question, is about the alerts? are special misions? with more reward that normals?

Edited by Darkmoto

Alert missions usually give increased credit rewards -- which can be very useful for a new player (3k for a single mission is pretty good) -- but the big thing with alert missions are the "?" rewards (specifically, a question mark icon in ADDITION to the credit reward when you click on the alert).

These "?alerts" will reward you with (potentially) very very very good and very very very rare items, like Orokin reactor/catalysts and alternate helmet blueprints.

Some rewards like the Orokin reactors/catalysts and helmet blueprints can ONLY be obtained through these ?alerts (of course you can buy them with real money).

Venus isn't the second planet level wise, Saturn is.

But

Find some vitality mods, and fuse them to level them up - more health = die less quick XD

is very important to survive. (also shield mods though...)

Edited by Tyrian3k