Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concept: Neith, (Aka Not Another Gun Frame!)

Faevrd

One thing I absolutely love about this game is a vast majority of frame abilities arent boring "do X damage to target" or standard buffs and debuffs. The abilities has interesting mechanics and change the battlefield in some interesting way that makes each frame extremely unique. I can only hope that my idea here has that same sort of uniqueness to it, cause in the end that's what makes a frame fun. Right know I'm playing with basic Ideas for the frame, as such I may avoid putting numbers in for abilities and such. any input would be welcome there, as I don't want the frame to be dismissed for being too over or underpowered.

another thing I love about this game is synergy. many frames have synergy with each other very well, and even two abilities from the same frame can have synergy between them (lookin' at you, Loki.) I really tried to emphasize this self synergy on this frame, making all the skills viable on their own but much better when used together.

a bit o' lore: When Neith awoke from her cryostasis one thing became very clear to his fellow tenno; She lacked any sort of ability. She couldn't create fire out of nothing, couldn't freeze enemies in their tracks, couldn't dissapear in a cloud of smoke or really anything for that matter. Instead of accepting inferiority, Neith pushed herself to the limit to compete with his brothers and sisters. A tenno is built for war. Their entire life is consumed in conflict. When not fighting, Tenno can often be found practicing, training to better themselves for battles to come. So to say that Neith honed herself more than any other frame is saying quite a lot. Neith mastered every weapon available to the Tenno, using each one as if they were extensions of her own limbs. Slowly, Neith earned respect as a master at the martial arts. Neith wasn't given the title of Tenno, she earned it.

Health: 100

Shields: 100

Energy: 150

Armor: 15

Speed: 0.9

I wanted to make her stats fairly average except for speed. As it is, she would tie Rhino and Frost for slowest frame right out the box, but without the tankiness to compensate. This is intentional, the idea is that when playing Neith you have to focus on killing your opponent before they kill you. That is also the reasoning behind 150 power, as Neith will likely be very power hungry.

Ability 1: Special Rounds

"Neith makes her own ammo. She likes to bring them out for special occasions."

Cost: 25

Duration: Until Next Reload or  10 shots for bows

does reload animation and refills magazine

Increases Proc chance by 5%/10%/15%/20%

Adds Punch Through by 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8

Adds some needed crowd control ability to the frame. I know the duration is a bit weird but it'll make sense after you read some of his other abilities. I know fluff-wise it shouldn't but for balance I think it ought to affect melee weapons as well.

Ability 2: Extra Ammo

"Neith brings enough to share"

Cost:25

Duration: 3/6/9/12

Range: 4/8/12/16

All Allies within range regenerate 2/3/4/5 Ammo per second on all weapons.

Every frame should be able to work with a team, and this is how Neith helps. Helps in pubs a bit, but would really shine with a coordinated team because it allows allies to take off their mutation mods and put those slots to much better use. more effective on single shot weapons as they make the most out of every shot.

Ability 3: Overdrive

"Neith knows the limits of her frame better than anyone, she also knows how to push those limits"

Cost: 75

Duration: 3/6/9/12

Can drop to 0 health, but will not enter bleedout until end of duration

This is the panic button. With 75 power cost you can't exactly spam this to be invincible, but it will buy you those precious few seconds to finish reviving you Trinity make it to extraction after life support cut out.

Ability 4: BeltFed

"Sometimes it's better to skip using magazines"

Cost:50

Duration: 3/6/9/12

once your weapons current magazine hits 0, all shot fire draw ammo from the ammo pool.

This is your big skill. The one that ties it all together. Seeing as how you don't reload after you hit 0, Special Rounds would affect all the bullets fired while using this ability, and with Extra Ammo you shouldn't have to run out of total ammo.

Any feedback is welcome, about really any part of this concept.

EDIT: added numbers. felt too incomplete without them. although still looking for feedback on those

Edited by OlTwoToes

She could have a similar artistic feel as Valkyr, then, if you wanted.

It's not really about what I want, it's what you guys want. I'm just brainstorming here, it's up to the community to decide what they like.

That being said, Valkyr is one of my favorite frames in terms of art style, and I'd love something similar on this frame.

I like it. Would you be able to regenerate health through something like Rejuvenation and not go into bleedout with the 3?

Yep. if you're at 0 when the duration ends then you'll go into bleedout, but if you managed to get some health before time runs out you'll be alright.