The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Thick Are Enemies?

Verryn

Question

Just wanted to know how many people I could penetrate with punch-through mods. If possible could you give the answer in meters... or whatever the m stands for. :)

Title changed due to enemies. XD

Edited by Verryn

I did not realize that each part of there body had it's own thickness. I'll aim for their arms, seeing as they are the thinnest and easiest to hit. xD

I'm not sure what I could have said to get a more accurate response other than the +# m punch-through on the mod.

Well, I was actually joking. I am not sure if each body has a different thickness, but they probably do. 

Personally I have never used punch-through.

According to the wiki, 0.1m is more or less enough to go through the shield of the Grineer lancers, which seems strange. This would mean that the torso of a Grineer lancer would be roughly about 2 m, which is probably not the case. I am assuming they are somewhere near the 1 meter.

Not referring to infested though. I don't care much about them. xD

Would 'HUMANS' be better?

I just saw you in game. This is now weird

Especially since you disconnected and we failed the mission. Thanks a ton.

Edited by MorteTacere

Well, I was actually joking. I am not sure if each body has a different thickness, but they probably do. 

Personally I have never used punch-through.

According to the wiki, 0.1m is more or less enough to go through the shield of the Grineer lancers, which seems strange. This would mean that the torso of a Grineer lancer would be roughly about 2 m, which is probably not the case. I am assuming they are somewhere near the 1 meter.

You master troll! D:

I just saw you in game. This is now weird

Especially since you disconnected and we failed the mission. Thanks a ton.

Sorry I had to leave for a while, it was really unexpected and I thought that someone would join and fill the spot.

I was wondering where you were going with this... But... We're on the same page.

I honestly have no idea what you two are talking about. 

Disclaimer: I am not sure about the fine measurements, esp when in-game, the collision model may not fit the visible model. The following is just based on me "feel".

From my own exp, anything from around 0.8m onwards can usually guarantee penetrating 1 humanoid. I will usually stop here unless I have more mod capacity. This is good for "amplifying" damage in levels with large number of clustered enemies (e.g. defense missions).

Anything less than 0.8 can at least go through shield and thin covers (like some fence/rails), which is good for shooting at some enemies behind cover, but less on the "amplify" damage use as previous case.