Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De: Can We Get An In-Game News Item Regarding...

(PSN)Hooligonzo

...that Sprinting during a Survival game does not affect the Life Support meter's rate of depletion?

There's nothing in that NEWS section right now - at least on the PS4 - but it would be really nice if people stopped believing this hilarious rumor.

There are a lot of people that believe this rumor because it's basically plausible - if you sprint, you breathe harder, you use more air.  It makes sense. 

It's just not true.

The problem is that it stands up to basic critical thinking ... it just doesn't go further than that to too many people.  Like, should anybody in a group be allowed to use an Ember frame, since fire uses up a lot of oxygen?  Why doesn't breaking a window and venting into space deplete the meter faster?  Why can't people tell that the Life Support meter depletes at a constant rate?  Well, I guess that last one can be answered - any musician can tell you that not everyone is wired to perceive timing.

Anyway, I have digressed.  Please consider a NEWS item on this.  I run into this silly topic every freakin' night without fail.  Multiple times, even.  I've seen dudes kicked out of groups because the host just suspected he was "a Sprinter" and couldn't be trusted.

It's really ridiculous and you have the power to stop it all at once.

• 2 weeks later...

There are problems with the News section overall, the tool needs to be finessed before we can use it within policies (news needs to be localized per region in-game). Currently it does not support that (yet).

Regarding this rumor, I am not sure we could use the News feature for that overall, but rumor-stopping at the front lines helps too! Lead no Tenno astray.

There are problems with the News section overall, the tool needs to be finessed before we can use it within policies (news needs to be localized per region in-game). Currently it does not support that (yet).

Regarding this rumor, I am not sure we could use the News feature for that overall, but rumor-stopping at the front lines helps too! Lead no Tenno astray.

Can you please confirm that it indeed does not make a difference? Unless you specifically say NO, some will refuse to believe!

Sidenote: If/when News section gets "fixed", specific duration of Darvo's Deals, i.e. March 10-16, or even 5d23h59m left would be very nice 

Some weirdo started reprimanded me in the middle of game for it- he actually got up, got his mic, plugged it in- JUST to reprimand me for running in a survival. I was like "Woah, you believe that myth?!"

I had a few, one person even said that they tested it.

I was like: really?  Considering I spent about 5 minutes each time of careful monitoring in SEVERAL survivals to monitor life support drop under careful testing environments of controlled life support gain so that I knew exactly how much life support I had gained and thus lost.

They were like: Yeah, I tested it.

Others said it and when I told them what I had done to test it and asked them how much they had tested...  They were like: I was just told this by someone else.

Seriously people.  If you can test it yourself, test it yourself before you spread rumors.  And make sure you test it PROPERLY.

It was only after several survivals of testing that I finally concluded that Sprint had no effect.  I want to ask the ones spreading the rumor how much they tested.

Jumping use more ammo in defence missions, but only on grineer tileset on Wednesday.

Except when it is a half moon, aside from when it is the first third or seventh moon of the year.

Next there will be rumors that there is a flying spaghetti monster in the game that only appears in spy missions immediately after encountering the stalker on a new moon on Friday with the MK-Braton, Lato, and Skana equi gapped.  And only if you have exactly 3 datamasses in your hand exactly 2.6 minutes into the mission and have 68 scans in your scanner with 32 scans taken while hacking the fourth.  And your MK-Braton must be exactly level 4 and you must have 4 players in your party and exactly one must be dead and it must be a female warframe with an account name or warframe name starting in A.  One party member must have a level 4 warframe starting with the letter M.   Then, the level 4 warframe will be able to revive the dead warframe and the flying spaghetti monster will appear and the party must fight it in order to get the drops.

(And I will laugh when someone proves this to be true-and I will laugh if someone gets the references)

(inb4thedevsadditintothegamejusttospiteme)

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

Except when it is a half moon, aside from when it is the first third or seventh moon of the year.

Next there will be rumors that there is a flying spaghetti monster in the game that only appears in spy missions immediately after encountering the stalker on a new moon on Friday with the MK-Braton, Lato, and Skana equi gapped.  And only if you have exactly 3 datamasses in your hand exactly 2.6 minutes into the mission and have 68 scans in your scanner with 32 scans taken while hacking the fourth.  And your MK-Braton must be exactly level 4 and you must have 4 players in your party and exactly one must be dead and it must be a female warframe with an account name or warframe name starting in A.  One party member must have a level 4 warframe starting with the letter M.   Then, the level 4 warframe will be able to revive the dead warframe and the flying spaghetti monster will appear and the party must fight it in order to get the drops.

(And I will laugh when someone proves this to be true-and I will laugh if someone gets the references)

(inb4thedevsadditintothegamejusttospiteme)

I've encountered said spaghetti monster twice so far...go figure

Someone in my clan told me, "PD did you know that you lose Oxygen faster when you sprint, so don't sprint". I was like I did not know that. That sounds like a bunch of BS. I still sprinted ANYWAY!

Then again I don't listen to idiots. And I am glad because I can confirm that everyone in my clan including the leaders believe this myth to be true. I cannot wait to go tell them that it isn't true at all.  =)

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

Someone in my clan told me, "PD did you know that you lose Oxygen faster when you sprint, so don't sprint". I was like I did not know that. That sounds like a bunch of BS. I still sprinted ANYWAY!

Then again I don't listen to idiots. And I am glad because I can confirm that everyone in my clan including the leaders believe this myth to be true. I cannot wait to go tell them that it isn't true at all.  =)

I think I figured out why people think that.  Because whenever they test it, they stop killing or the kill less.  That means less life support pickups.  That means "faster life support drain" in their eyes.   I'm like: did you guys actually record your life support values, tick time, life support gains, life support activation, etc.?

They obviously didn't. >.>

Instead, they ran for a minute without killing and realized their life support was really low and were like: Yeah, sprint makes the life support go down faster, you are wrong.

It is like: Yeah, of course it is going to be low if you don't pick up life support for a minute....