Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Weaker Weapons

GhostWOlf995

Eh? I do not see any problem with the tier system and how would buffing the starter weapons or making it easier to craft weapons in anyway help balance? Having weapons be different and also the sense of progression or both good things. The problem is the tier balance makes little to no sense. Easy to craft weapons are often better than harder to craft weapons that require more mastery or cases like the grimlock and marelock, why is the secondary version of the gun so much better when its the same gun just the barrel was sawed off? Also, the fact secondary mods are so much better than primary mods is still a mystery to me.

The problem with a sidegrade system is that the 'n' word will have to be brought into play, and people will kick and scream and hate it happening despite the fact that their weapon of choice will still be good, except people who aren't them get to use what they like and do good too.

The problem with a tier system is that the 'n' word will have to be brought into play, and people will kick and scream and hate it happening despite the fact that their weapon of choice shouldn't be the best because it's too easy to get, or they made a new, shinier, requires more grinding version of their gun. Or, we get a shotgun style secondary destroying every other secondary in power, and those who don't like the shotgun style just have to suck it, and people will STILL COMPLAIN WHEN IT GETS NERFED TO STILL BE BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE.

The problem with leaving guns the way they are is that there is no consistency to a weapon's power, and the only way you can know what's strong is to look it up. Not only that, but the guns coming out will randomly overtake other guns, and people will kick and scream and hate it happening because their easymode destroyer of worlds is no longer top dog.

In short, DE can't win. They should do what they think is best for the game. And then they should tell us what that is, so we can use our feedback to move the game toward that instead of futilely arguing on the forums.

...and people will kick and scream and hate it happening despite the fact that their weapon of choice will still be good

...and people will kick and scream and hate it happening despite the fact that their weapon of choice shouldn't be the best because it's too easy to get, or they made a new, shinier, requires more grinding version of their gun.

...and people will STILL COMPLAIN WHEN IT GETS NERFED TO STILL BE BETTER THAN EVERYTHING ELSE.

...and people will kick and scream and hate it happening because their easymode destroyer of worlds is no longer top dog.

And where is it documented that those people are the paying and playing majority?

As far as I am concerned, things haven't changed in years. The vocal minority is on the forums, for better and worse. Meaning both ends of the stick are represented; everyone wanting to scream and flail so developers cater the game to them, and the others who are seriously doing great work with their suggestions to make the game better all around.

For the most part, many people don't care much. They see a patch coming, and many don't even read the patch notes, only when something is obviously different, and sometimes not even then, and they try to figure it out on their own or have clanmates / friends who have sifted the information beforehand and feed them data.

To prove or disprove my point is only possible by the developers. Comparing the number of registered accounts with the number of people online each day and with the people who have been active in the forums (or have at least one post) and the peak number of people watching any twitch stream from DE. Oh and there is another demographic I am very interested in; how many of the forum members have purchased platinum, and how many of the notorious complainers have purchased platinum.

DE can well win. They just need to ignore the crying pinheads on one hand, and make a better way to connect to everybody inside the game in terms of feedback on the other hand. I bet a lot of people still cannot be bothered to check out other things apart of the game. SOMEtimes they check a wiki when the game simply doesn't make sense at all, which to be fair, does happen quite often.

Let the complainers complain, let the haters hate. If by the end of the day the product is better overall, then go for it.

Actually some old weapons was buffed in update 12.

• Bow weapons receive 1/3 damage buff + gave charged arrows innate puncture depth.
  • Dread arrows have increased flight speed.
  • Embolist now has increased damage and forced poison proc.
  • Tigris now has improved damage, critical chance, and proc rate.
  • Hek damage increased and more minimum damage added to falloff.
  • Hammer and Staff weapons now ragdoll enemies on charged attacks.
  • Vulkar now has increased damage and proc rate.
  • Latron and Latron Prime now have increased damage.
  • Sentinel Deth Machine Rifle weapon now has 5% crit chance.
  • Flux Rifle now has improved damage and proc rate.
  • Critical Chance and reload speed of bows slightly tweaked.

^this

So De told us a long,very long tine ago that they wont nerf thing but buff weaker ones, and i am fine with that.. Then why we dont see any changes?? De did you take a vacation?? There is no balance with weapons.. Brakk is no1(watch Marelok) weappn,and i am ok woth that,100mission just to get need to compensate..

Clan tech weapons,nearly every one of them if not all of them are outclased by far.. Thos weapons requiere mastery rank,clan and A LOT OF RESOURCES..

How can for example synapse compare to soma?? Soma beats synapse hands down.. Synapse requiere a lot more resources,and i mean a lot more,higher mastery rank(if i am not mistaken),clan,time to research it,has shorter range and now even the damage is lower.. Whats the point?? Why would i even bothe with synapse? When soma outclases it in every situation?

Then there are other clan weapons

Torid.for example witch is outclassed by nearly every weapon ingame.

Supra is a joke now,same a synapse ,there is no point using it.

Ogris is on pair with penta,maybe its the most balanced clan tech(still it requiere more resource then penta,but ok)

Marelok! its op as hell. ( dont nerf it as you said,buff others)

Acrid,its not as bad as some of us think but for clantech mastery 7 weapon we need more

If i forgpten any clan weapon sry

Sry for english

Weapons are being buffed, at the discretion of DE. But dont think about weapons from an advance player standpoint. There has to be beginner weapons, and weapons get more and more advanced from that.

Powercreep is alive and well in Warframe...

I would love to have my Mk-1 Braton good as the Soma :P

Agreed!

Eh? I do not see any problem with the tier system and how would buffing the starter weapons or making it easier to craft weapons in anyway help balance? Having weapons be different and also the sense of progression or both good things. The problem is the tier balance makes little to no sense. Easy to craft weapons are often better than harder to craft weapons that require more mastery or cases like the grimlock and marelock, why is the secondary version of the gun so much better when its the same gun just the barrel was sawed off? Also, the fact secondary mods are so much better than primary mods is still a mystery to me.

I do.  I don't care about the sense of progression because it inherently prevents weapons being different.  When a weapon is a direct upgrade, there is no reason to use the previous weapon.

The problem with a sidegrade system is that the 'n' word will have to be brought into play, and people will kick and scream and hate it happening despite the fact that their weapon of choice will still be good, except people who aren't them get to use what they like and do good too.

That's not a problem.  That's just a matter of ignoring the people who don't understand why balance design is important.  Nerfing things is necessary, and it requires the developers to have a stiff upper lip and ignore the complaints that come with it, because they're not based in any logic or reason.

^this

Weapons are being buffed, at the discretion of DE. But dont think about weapons from an advance player standpoint. There has to be beginner weapons, and weapons get more and more advanced from that.

Powercreep is alive and well in Warframe...

Power creep is disgusting apparent in Warframe.  The Marelok and Zephyr's base stats are evidence of this.  It saddens me.

Edited by NikolaiLev