The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Start A Unique Mods Brainstorm

lautalocos

in the last livestream, they mentioned that there would be new melee mods that increase damage when doing certain attacks.

this is a little step closer to having more unique mods, but it´s not enough, and they are only going to be melee mods. the closest thing we have to an unique mod is berserker, which increases attack rate with each crit.

so, just throw all of your ideas down here. it doesnt matter if it seems like a bad idea, it can be refined later by you, or another user. 

as an example, what about a mod that increases reload speed a lot if you tap the reload button, but very little (or nothing at all) when not tapping?

What if a mod would cause nearby units of the sliced up dead enemy to be magnetically pulled towards the dead body so you can slice them up and cause a endless melee-blackhole :o

- mod called Soul Reaper that gave you bonus hp/energy for every unit you killed.

- pistol mod that caused 20% of bullets that peirce a first target and home to those behind it and damage them.

- mind control warframe ability to take over enemy's bodies for a period of time :o

- how about "decoy shuriken" (Naruto ripoff of shadow clone), for loki ofc ^_^ 

Offtopic: I don't know why but I just thought of a warframe ability that suddenly takes control of enemy guns/blades and forces them to commit Grineer-sepukku

Edited by 1lusion

Ideas:

A shotgun mod that increases fire rate as you continue to fire.

A mod specifically for Ignis that increases fire damage as you continue to fire.

A mod for weapons with charge attacks that allow you to overcharge, which will cause more damage.

A mod that spreads a status effect from one enemy to nearby enemies. 

Shockwave: Melee mod that allows you to do a charged slam attack that creates a small shockwave (think like the Napalm's shockwave.)

Last Stand: When shields deplete armor and health get temporarily boosted for a few seconds.

A mod for weapons with charge attacks that allow you to overcharge, which will cause more damage.

A mod that spreads a status effect from one enemy to nearby enemies. 

really digging those 2 ideas.

also, expanding that overcharge idea, make it do more damge when you release the charge at the right moment, not a second later or earlier.

i imagine bows would be pretty fun with it

edit: actually, that would give players the possibility of having fire rate and reload speed mods on their bows without sacrificng damage, crit chance and crit damage mods. of course, the only way to not sacrifice that damage is by having good reflexes.

Edited by lautalocos

I had a few from a thread with a similar theme, so I'll just repost them here.

Endless Slaughter- If the last shot in your magazine was a killing blow, your weapon instantly reloads itself, allowing you continue your onslaught.

Close Friends- Damage is increased the closer you are to your teammates.

Power Kick- Your flying kicks deal immense blast damage and knock all nearby enemies over. Could have a cooldown period or percent chance to proc.

Spotter- Decreases your total damage by 20%, but increases damage of allies (Tenno, Sentinels, Invasion allies, etc.) by 40%

Critical Reflection- Upon weakspot hit, sniper bullets will chain-hit up to 3 nearby enemies, dealing 75% of the original damage dealt to each of them.

Speed Holster 2.0- Weapon swap speed increased by 100%. For the next 7 seconds, your current weapon will deal 40% more damage and reload 40% faster. The damage/reload speed bonus will not apply to your next weapon until the boost runs out on your current weapon.

Dead Eye 2.0- Sniper body shot damage increased by 20%. Weakspot damage increased by 60%

Unfortunately my main concern is that while mods that promote more diverse/situational gameplay are great, they'll always take a backseat to core damage, health, etc. mods with the current system. Either DE would have to reduce the effectiveness of mods like Serration and Split Chamber (since they're currently all you really need) or overhaul the way mods work. Or both.

a Melee Mod that can play into Executions more.

i miss the days of using Gram as an Execution sword. Ground Smashing to knock down an entire group of Enemies, and plunging them with the force of a thousand suns. the Execution then even did more Damage than a Charge Attack, so it would instantly kill up to a like, lv45 Ancient. stacking all of that AP Damage, hehe.

bonus Damage to subsequent targets based on the number of targets my shot pierces. (yes, this is basically B0re, which i loved in Borderlands 2). the more Enemies i hit with my shot, the more Damage the enemies after the first one will take. 

somethin' like that.

and some others that i've wanted for a while:

- Magazine Capacity, + Reload Speed. i'm thinking of -75%, +100%. (Rifle)

+ Rate of Fire, - something. could sacrifice Reload Speed, Magazine Capacity, etc. (Rifle)

+ Accuracy, - Rate of Fire. (Rifle, Pistol)

A mod that gives you a huge status proc chance when weapon crits.

For example when you crit, you get extra 60-80% for a proc. Combined with weapon base proc chance and mods, if the chance is more than 200%, you will get a second proc!

while that sounds like a great Mod, and would be interesting overall - i think we know which Weapons would just be outright OP with such a Mod. if you think we've got some balance issues now.... that mod would make those certain Weapons *cough* just wipe the floor with all of the other Weapons.

Bows also might be a little silly with such a mod as well, since some of them also Crit constantly. but for Weapons that have average Crit rates, that would be a great mod.

Unfortunately my main concern is that while mods that promote more diverse/situational gameplay are great, they'll always take a backseat to core damage, health, etc. mods with the current system. Either DE would have to reduce the effectiveness of mods like Serration and Split Chamber (since they're currently all you really need) or overhaul the way mods work. Or both.

thats true, and i agree.

some mods will always be king, and i spoke about this in another thread. but for now, lets keep giving ideas for mods, while we imagine a perfect world where the mod system is a wonderfull thing

Martyrdom/See You in Hell - Warframe self-destructs upon death. Or some-such.

Sacrificial Lamb - Upon death, a % your max health, current energy, and shield is evenly distributed to all other players.

Vengeance - Upon receiving a knockdown, there is a 10% chance for the impact of your warframe to create its own shockwave of doom. (more of a joke)

Stay Down - Increases the duration & chance of a knockdown proc.

Credit Ammo Mutation - Mutates all excess ammo into credits. (So, if you've equipped it while using a rifle, all shotgun, sniper, and excess pistol munitions = credits)

Active Armor: Reduces the proc chance of enemy weapons.

Don't Trip - Just as you engage an enemy with melee, your Warframe performs a low sweep that has a high chance of staggering the enemy and a low chance of a knockdown. Ranking up the mod increases the chance for a knockdown, while lowering the chance of a stagger. Can't think of appropriate values.

Metal Detector - increases quantity of materials dropped.

Rocket Boosters - jump further, more damage when using off the wall melee attacks.

Fueled by Blood - Constantly lose health, but gain bonus damage.

Leeching Aura - A portion of unused health/energy regen gets funneled to teammates that need it.

Physical Focus - A percentage reduction of max energy (reverse-Flow), but gain health and armor (a set amount, not a percentage).

Crack Shot - deal bonus damage when hitting enemy weak points.

Energy Capacitor - Builds up charges over time, that is then used the next time you attack to do something (extra damage?  Debuff?  *shrug*  Make multiple ones that do various things).

Careful Aim - Reduces rate of fire, but boosts accuracy and damage from hitting enemy weak points.

Protector - If a teammate within X distance loses their shields, your shields take a hit to recharge theirs.

Shield Boosting Aura - like Physique, except for shields and worth using.

Iaijitsu - gain massive damage boost on first attack that hits after changing weapons (provided it happens within 3s of the switch).

Targeting Computer - enemy critical spots are revealed, as well as enemy boss weakspots.

Homing Rounds - Bullets (grenades, weapons like Ignis aren't impacted) will curve to try and hit enemy weapon points.

Bouncing Rounds - Bullets (again, not AoE weapons) bounce off walls/floors they can't punch-through

Follow Through - Hitting a target with bullets builds up a stacking buff that boosts damage, capped at some reasonable amount based on rank.  Missing causes loss of stacks.

Edited by Axterix13