Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Stalker Is Too Weak Now

.Talia.

I liked him before when he was more comparable to someone scary. Screw the noobs on this one, the stalker should only be easy to high mastery players with their sick guns and an impossible pain in the &#! for rank 3's who want a dread to be cool

Apparently, I'm not the only one thinking that the current Stalker is kinda.....easy to kill.

Maybe because of the current contest. Maybe a silent nerf.

But, from my experience around this guy. Stalker need an overall remake on his A.I.

He need to move around, use parkour, and give players challenge rather than standing still, shooting his bow while players throwing Despair/shooting Soma/unloading their best weapon at his face.

He's not kind of easy to kill.  He's a joke. 

Had him pop up in a T2X I was soloing yesterday.  Normally, this would end "and I one shotted him", but I didn't actually get the chance to shoot at him at all.  He spawned in a room full of corrupted with a heavy gunner fire leader, and they killed him before I even saw where he spawned.

I don't think he needs to be certain death like he was for a while, but there's some middle ground between "Blood God" and "Blood smear".

Honestly,
I hate these posts.

You annoying pricks are so freaking vague, asking for either "buffs" or "nerfs" like it was some kind of wish list, for then when it occurs, for you to whine about how hard it is.

Give some effort in your Feedback and provide better information on what you think is wrong. 

The problem is that we can damage him when he spawns, so he is killed without even a fight.

Make him invincible during the spawning, buff his resistance, nerf his damage output, and then we have a fight interesting, and not some ridiculous one shot battle.

or even a better idea: make him spawn in the next room, or in the room before so he hunts you down, not the other way around.

or just the notification at the start of the mission that he will spawn sometimes and somwhere so we dont know when and where , would be interesting.

When my friends and I run into Stalker, it becomes something like a mob justice beatdown in a third world country. While, if he happens to catch one of us solo, it's a quick and deadly brawl. Both are actually fun, for us. The solo encounter for the challenge and the group encounter for the inevitable payback after any recent deaths.

That being said, he needs the aforementioned defense buff. His attacks should hit for a percentage of the player's life so he isn't annihilating low level guys so easily and yet he can damage even the best tanks. I absolutely love the idea of Stalker and G3 and the other one (forget the name) jumping you in the middle of the mission. It is a fantastic dynamic, but it needs tweaking.

I think he got recently debuffed, as well as his spawn chance increased, to heck for the current Stalker-related contest going on.

I also suspect that this debuff and contest is going to tie into an upcoming reinvention/expansion of the character/Stalker faction.

They need to be less powerfull but have more health ...
Right now FOR ALL HUNTERS (Alad V, Stalker, G3, etc...) They are like that : If you don't kill me in 2 seconds, you're dead.
I want them to be like boss fights (well ... better than bosses, because the bosses right now are just like that : Tons of hp but doesn't make enough damages to kill you OR Normal hp and still not a lot of damages)
Balance the boss and the hunters !

I had stalker spawn today while i was distracted with a group of infested and i was dead before i could realize what was going on and bring my new lvl 8 Drakgoon to bear. 500 shield and 500 health gone in seconds from his dash followed by the knifes.

I can imagine he would be easy if i had forma'd stuff with powerful mods, but i don't yet (last time i played seriously was during closed beta. Came back just last week) and he wiped the floor with me.

Shameless self-quote from another thread, regarding player scaling.

You're quote is completely on the money. When I'm farming xp and am not carrying top tier weapons (13k dps+) it's just ridiculous, there is literally no hope for you to beat him, but when you are he's just toy.

Though I don't know how you'd remedy this disparity while still letting damage scale on him, What if perhaps he had an RPS mechanic where you have to counter him with melee *a la duel* or something of the sort? The stat gap between some weapons (say a leveling Lex and a full Brakk, or hilariously the inverse is also true?) is quite obscene.

I would suggest capping the maximum damage per bullet against stalker to drag out the fight longer, while adjusting his health so that shooting directly at him would take no more than 20-40 seconds. This would also create the same experience for both new players and veterans. In this scenario, having a fast automatic rifle would seem more effective so after a certain degree of damage against the stalker, have him move/teleport to disorient your aiming. Reduce the effectiveness of all abilities against him (as well as harvester and the grustrag since they all benefit from this), especially reducing disables to at least 1/3 of their stun time. 

As for the stalker dealing damage against a tenno, I haven't fought him enough to know what his damage potential is. For some of his abilities that can one-hit-kill like Excalibur's slash dash, add a visual que and a delay before casting so that players can try to avoid it. He should still be a threat so the player needs to take cover to avoid taking heavy damage from his dread. I would also propose having each shot from his dread to first pierce and deplete shields to create a sense of emergency, but it won't disable shields. This allows for more hit on health and is a lot more lethal.

I also wanted to add that these encounters are supposed to be unique and special so having damage caps and keeping each fight to about 1 minute long is fair. The player has to survive and also deal damage to the stalker so it cannot be too long. This would also remove cases where the stalker is killed right after he spawns.

Edited by Limestyle