Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion: The Badlands, Resource Drop Tables

Kaotyke

THE BADLANDS

I just watched a video on Youtube about a new PS4 incomming game "Destiny" (the video is at the end), and I cant help but wish that DE will make the badlands like this, we will need more factions than the Original 3, and I cant help but feel that there are a lot of paralels with what DE is planing to make and this game.

The Badlands have to be Conclave Ranked to enter, imagine going to a land where the some like me with a Conclave of 1500+ going to a 100-150 badland, it wont be challenging at all.

When I think of the Badlands I imagine me looking around in a Open World environment and playing with a team and being explorable and full of random enemies, the faction controling it and the hostille wildlife. I look at the Earth's Forests and the Desert of Phobos and I can only imagine a bigger map with rare/specific loot that can only be found by exploring and not by killing enemies.

The Clans making the Solar Rails and taxing others is a BAD IDEA, the small clans will have no choice but to make an Alliance and be submissive to the bigger clans, and the independent Tenno will be screwed.

RESOURCES

Wich brings to me they why some enemies should/not have certians reources with them instead of being planet specific:

Grineer:

Ferrite and Alloy : Those can be explained that its from the armor of the Grineer we loot.

Neurodes : Its a component to control augumentations made by the Grineer, we should find it in all Grineer units.

Detonite Injector : its an explosive material that can be explained to be found in Bombards and Nalpans, so it makes sense if the all Grineer carries some of those around.

Corpus:

Polymer Bundle, Circuits, Control Module, Galium and Oxium : It is a component made/found/used by the Corpus, so it should be found in their machines.

Fieldron Sample : It helps in the research of super-heated containment fields, its a component found their very weapons and shields.

Infested:  *

Neural Sensors : Its a sensor ORGAN found in infested units.... nuff said.

Plastids : A disgusting nanite-infested tissue mass.... need to say more?

Nano Spores : Fibrous technocyte tumor. Handle Infested tissue with caution.... insfested tissue and a tumor.

Mutagem Sample : its a mutated tissue or organ or nerve connections..... its infested alright.

*imagine WHY currently the Grineer or Corpus have some those on them...... yeah, disgusting isnt it?

Items only (or more commonly) found by Exploring or Killing Bosses or Certian Enemies:

Morphics : its an amorphous solid, so it's similar to crystal, said to be of orokin origin. can be said that the Corpus carry this to power up their stronger energy weapons like the Supra or Energy Cores.

Rubedo : Its a Stone that give off radiant energy, could be found in reactors or power cores that can be destoyed, no need for them to be mission specific, said cores can be just around the corner, and be destroyed, like a self made side-quest to find them.

Salvage : High value metals collected from war salvage, why is this metal so important? It can be found in containers and maybe in the destruction of certian machines.

Orokin Cel l:  Ancient energy cell from the Orokin era, can be used to power up strong weapons or defencive measures, Vor uses Orokin tech so he should have it, and its found more in the void.

I wont talk about the Corrupted because they are a mix of different factions, and they should have the same resource drops as their counterparts, making the void a good place to farm most resources.

Will this raise the grind? I'm not sure, for certian items only found in exploration, their drop chance must be higher and the quantity bigger, we can find Rubedo in quantities of 15-25 in enemies, maybe it should be 150-250 in the cores. Orokin cells should be found in quantities that we find the Control Modules in the Void (or maybe not THAT much).

The Infested should stay in the Derelicts, but why only Orokin derelicts? I remember some Official Art showing Infested Corpus ships that were taken over, get rid of the Navs and give us Locations that we can find the infested int their on planet/ship or something.

Here's the video I found, mid you, its quiet long, in the description there's timestamps if you dont want to watch it all.

http://youtu.be/hLQFmob-vsM

For once, and for all: Warframe isn't destiny or another game. It has some points to take an example from other games, but I would rather choose original or public created content. Badlands isn't going to work since warframe is not a shoot and loot. Otherwise conclave rating looks pretty nice.

Edited by Cemges

For once, and for all: Warframe isn't destiny or another game. It has some points to take an example from other games, but I would rather choose original or public created content. Badlands isn't going to work since warframe is not a shoot and loot. Otherwise conclave rating looks pretty nice.

Warframe is a loot game. -_-

Anyway, mini open world stuff like OP described aren't going to happen anytime soon. No dedicated servers for missions means it's a no no.

Also I have to disagree about, "The Clans making the Solar Rails and taxing others is a BAD IDEA, the small clans will have no choice but to make an Alliance and be submissive to the bigger clans, and the independent Tenno will be screwed." Steve already said that there will be enough fine tuning for smaller clans to essentially function as things like smaller oraganizations or mercenary units for other clans. Clan's can lower or eliminate the tax rate for certain clans if they gain favor with them or are hired to help them. etc. Think Proxy Wars but with the actually clans. Smaller clans just have different roles. They are the orders of the Badlands, like the Red Veil, Oracle, and etc. are to the Proxy Wars. Once they nail it, it will be pretty sweet and VERY unique to Warframe. A much better pursuit than trying to be like other games that share some similarities.

Destiny is OLD, OLD news about it coming out. It's been announced for almost three, maybe four, years.

Well we didn't have a clue what Bungie was making until a year ago. If you're talking about the time Bungie said they were working on the new IP, yeah.

Loot game and collect resource&craft games are different. In one you get noce rare items from looting, in other gather stuff, build them and upgrade them. Also there are games that use both, but those are mainly mmorpgs. So as long as we gonna get main resources of today and not any rare items as DE stated, than they better be miraculous places to gather exp and credits, whoch also needs them to become more valuable before making the use of solar rails necessary, so that you can cause conflicts. Alliences are good, and people should have a clan or faction if it ever makes it to the game. This is my recipee on how you make badlands relevant. Or consider again adding rare items and having each badlands with unique stuff to them.

Edited by Cemges

Warframe is a loot game. -_-

Anyway, mini open world stuff like OP described aren't going to happen anytime soon. No dedicated servers for missions means it's a no no.

Well, remember in the DEVstream22, I belive, Steeve said when he showed the animated looby

Steeve:"....I was connected in the NY server"

Scoot:".....the what server?"

Steeve:"Nothing"

So, maybe this is a tease for dedicated servers