The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper Rifles Need A Buff Like The Bows Recieved

killdamnzade

Quoting myself, bold matters;

Hence my statement isn't as hard pressed against said weapons like the Lanka. However, the Lanka still doesn't have an arc to be taken into consideration as well, "only" travel time.

Ah, I'm sorry. 

It was late at night and I made the mistake of going to forums. Common these days. 

Still the Lanka is a mastery rank 7 weapon, it should be superior simply due to the sheer amount of time and resources you are spending into building that thing. The arc really isn't a problem for bows as they fire pretty much straight-forward anyway, and you are not likely to be sniping with a bow regardless, but the fact that Lanka that is supposed to be a sniper has travel-time makes it unfit for it's intended purpose.

It's still doable, it's just inconvenient, and the damage is a gamble on every shot as most Lanka players are probably relying on the critical-hits, which only happen 50% of the time, unlike bows who got a 100% critical hit rate and much lower charge-time than Lanka does. This probably makes sense as bows are not fit for long-range engagements, but then again... Neither is Lanka. This is a problem for a sniper-rifle. To remedy this i'd up the projectile velocity to 400 compared to it's current 200, but really that's just my opinion after reviewing the stats of the weapons and using them all extensively. 

Edited by TwiceDead

buff sniper able to 100% crit hit and deal more crit damage if you successfully hit enemy weakpoint.

the current state is already good

there are many powerfull snipers like vectis,grinlok,vulkar, imo they don´t needs a buff

Grinlok is not a sniper, mate. it's a lever action rifle

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

Ah, I'm sorry. 

It was late at night and I made the mistake of going to forums. Common these days. 

:) Well, always remember there are also good spirits around, and even more outside since they don't even dare going there. All in all though, I've seen and read far more uncivilized places.

>> Still the Lanka is a mastery rank 7 weapon, it should be superior simply due to the sheer amount of time and resources you are spending into building that thing.

Well the question is, which role this rifle should fill. As a Corpus weapon, it should be the superior Anti-Grineer Sniper Rifle, by all means, yes. The innate electrical damage however makes it lose out on the physical damage which other rifles build from.

>> The arc really isn't a problem for bows as they fire pretty much straight-forward anyway, and you are not likely to be sniping with a bow regardless

I politely disagree. I enjoy firing at enemies with a Bow at such distances where the nameplate overlay on top doesn't even show up any more under normal circumstances. Moving targets, in the head. This is the challenge I enjoy with Bows. Just as certain sniper rifles in other games have been exclusively used as... well... "melee weapon", there can be many variations to use a gun. However, I agree with you again, the Lanka certainly has too many deficits for the place it should rightfully be. And mind you, I say that as someone who is not a sniper rifle lover, and as someone who does not own the Lanka. I still see the apparent issues the gun has and the fixes it needs, because math is math. (( Many just have their issues in actually applying math, but oh well :D ))

>> This probably makes sense as bows are not fit for long-range engagements, but then again... Neither is Lanka. This is a problem for a sniper-rifle.

Indeed it is. It also begs the question, at which point the Overkill from the hit isn't ludicrous any more. Meaning; at which stage of the game the Lanka would actually have it's place to efficiently shine? just in terms of damage distribution, if we ignore the fact for a moment of the handling being sub-par.

Far more op? See, that's what's wrong with the community. Something is weaker than other stuff " OMG BUFF IT!", it gets buffed, other stuff is weaker compared to it "OMG TOO OP BUFF THAT TOO!". This is the reason why balancing is so hard, NO one is EVER satisfied with EVERYTHING.

You know what? Both bows AND snipers are far too WEAK! They are slow firing single target weapons that deal way more damage than you need (overkill). Now what? Want DE to remove all guns besides bows and snipers to make them viable again?

Bows deserved their buff because they couldn't kill as fast, I don't think sniper rifles needs a buff because most of them are clip based meaning you can get your kills by spamming an enemy like using a rifle, especially, when you have shred or metal auger on.

Edited by Makemap