The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions To The Community : The Scope , Scale And Overall Completion Of The Game

Deidaku

Hey everyone ;)

Ever since I joined the open beta a few months ago I've been wondering when the game would be considered "complete". the problem is that right now it's almost impossible to determine what scope  DE intends to achieve with the End product.

So here are my questions

Do how would you see the scope( how big the game would be ) at the game completion?

How much  content do you think is left until we can call warframe finished ( Give a percentage if you want) and why?  , and if so how fast is DE progressing so far? 

Please comment below let me know :)

Well, I might as well say this. I have high hopes, but right now the community is kind of cynical, but truthful. We gave them our "hammers," it's time for them to use them, metaphorically speaking. By any stretch, it's not really complete - they've only scratched the surface of their title.

I might as well point these comments out too: In before - RNG, Still in Beta.

Edited by Zeus154

Hey everyone ;)

Ever since I joined the open beta a few months ago I've been wondering when the game would be considered "complete". the problem is that right now it's almost impossible to determine what scope  DE intends to achieve with the End product.

So here are my questions

Do how would you see the scope( how big the game would be ) at the game completion?

How much  content do you think is left until we can call warframe finished ( Give a percentage if you want) and why?  , and if so how fast is DE progressing so far? 

Please comment below let me know :)

Right now, i have to say i agree with Zeus154, there is a long way, but then they decide to do crazy things on short notice like the tradeable prime parts, for me, having spent weeks farming every prime in the game, just about to complete Bronco Prime (last piece of a now complete collection) when they opened the flood gates and everyone had access to gear i spent weeks to get for a measly amount of plat (i am glad that the plat prices on Trade are reasonable) but it really was a kick in the teeth, and now there isnt really anything beyond mastery level to separate the veterans from the newcomers who dont mind spending some money on the game.

I have invested alot into the game myself, mostly to keep myself entertained, because i see potential in the game, but now i have absolutely no reason to log on, ill probably be on with the next weapon release, max it, and wait for melee 2.0.

They keep talking about how they are planning lore and end game, but really, i dont see what they could possibly do for "end game" now that the previous/current end game has been The void, and its reward is now accessible to anyone with a credit card. (Mind you that farming it, even after the void loot table change, still takes quite some time)

There is alot of sense yet to be made out of this, but im not sure if they are approaching it correctly, i mean, they seem to be VERY confident about their plans for end game, but we (I atleast) havent heard much of it.

What will it be? a new tier of weapons and/or frames?

As a last note i think there NEEDS to be a better way to get rid of all the randomness, than to make end game loot available to Casual Steve on Trade. I know its still beta, but it left me with a bitter taste. maybe my problem is that i spent too much, i skipped alot of time buying fancy frames as they got released, but im not going to do stale repetative missions to get 20 -insert frame- helmets in a row, or worst case scenario - nothing at all.

Also, RNG determined that wall of text applies slash proc on eyes for over 9000 bleed damage instakill even with max eyelid. thanks, and sorry.

Edited by Storbein

Well, before parts trading, before Boar Prime parts weren't moved to OD, I farmed countless T3MDs for Boar Prime.

2 or 3 days ago I gave away a full set of Paris Prime and a Boar Prime Receiver real cheap to 2 new players.

I'm happy about it because I know that the satisfaction of farming and finally getting something is a myth.

Was I happy when I got the last part of Boar Prime? Yes.

Was that because I farmed so much? No, it was just because I finally have it.

I find the parts trading to be a positive thing because it's not fun grinding, it's fun having.

Thats why successfull games give you better odds at obtaining the desired item, or atleast allow you to set your goal and eventually reach it depending on how much effort you put in it, really unlucky people have been grinding for orthos prime blades for weeks, if not months. Keys are "protected" by another layer of randomness, making another obstacle in your way that you simply cannot pass through effort, but with luck. It is ALOT better now, but still not quite where it needs to be. you shouldnt have to rely on a microtransaction currency to obtain your items within a reasonable timeframe, and then theres the foundry, where they squeeze the last penny out of impatient players, there is absolutely no reason for a frame to take 2 days to craft. You did the effort, got the rewards that could take an indefinite amount of time, and you got all the BP, parts and credits you need, but you cant have it. not yet.

And yes, fun having, but are we going to treat everyone to (the actual current) end game rewards without actually having to participate in end game?

Edited by Storbein

this shouldn't be another rant-thread about prime trading...

the void and OD for that matter, are not end-game. that should be obvious.

to me, they seem to be nothing more than "here, mess with this for awhile" aspects of the game.

slightly higher difficulty, but essentially nothing more than variants of the standard gameplay modes.

just because they're the "top tier" of the game at the moment does not mean that it's end-game.

This game seems to be more of a framework engine and murder simulator than anything with reasoned progression currently.

It looks to me like DE is finally starting to work past that and continue the framework to add in something that looks more like end-game.

Getting hung-up on what is, instead of what can/will be is short-sighted.

this shouldn't be another rant-thread about prime trading...

the void and OD for that matter, are not end-game. that should be obvious.

to me, they seem to be nothing more than "here, mess with this for awhile" aspects of the game.

slightly higher difficulty, but essentially nothing more than variants of the standard gameplay modes.

just because they're the "top tier" of the game at the moment does not mean that it's end-game.

This game seems to be more of a framework engine and murder simulator than anything with reasoned progression currently.

It looks to me like DE is finally starting to work past that and continue the framework to add in something that looks more like end-game.

Getting hung-up on what is, instead of what can/will be is short-sighted.

I wish, but i think that alot of people are rightfully worried, as the best indicator of the future, is looking at recent past-current, and silent mumbles about "new end game" i think it is wrong to shove under the carpet the fact that for the longest time, primes and The Void has been considered by most, to be the past end game, low entry barrier but still took preparation in terms of keys, and a capable loadout, variants of standard gameplay modes or not is irrelevant.

Also, if i feel that prime trading is something to be concerned about, why should i not include it when responding to the gentlemans question?

Ignoring the past, and what currently is, is reckless, as we have no idea of what lies on the other side of melee 2.0, and i will continue to be concerned untill DE lets us in on their ideas for what will fill the void, of The Void, may it rest in peace.

Edited by Storbein