Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mini Game Idea: Conquest

Xamuswing

Similar to how the Flappy Bird mini game, I was thinking of some deathmatch ideas when your absolutely bored. Only its now actually kinda fun.

When you type in a faction, say Corpus, and Grineer is the password, you play a non-canon invasion mission as a crewman vs the Grineer. There would be 3 different missions reflecting in-game missions, extermination, interception, and either defense or M defense, since those seems closest to how you would fight in a war. You would be issued commands by someone on that faction, say Sgnt. Nef Anyo as the corpus commander and General Sargus Ruk as the grineer, and they give advice and tips similar to the lotus.

But lets say you type in infested and your password is Grineer, you get the same types of games only now your Infested fighting the Grineer.

I know this mini game sounds useless because why wouldn't you just play the game, but what do y'all think?

Similar to how the Flappy Bird mini game, I was thinking of some deathmatch ideas when your absolutely bored. Only its now actually kinda fun.

When you type in a faction, say Corpus, and Grineer is the password, you play a non-canon invasion mission as a crewman vs the Grineer. There would be 3 different missions reflecting in-game missions, extermination, interception, and either defense or M defense, since those seems closest to how you would fight in a war. You would be issued commands by someone on that faction, say Sgnt. Nef Anyo as the corpus commander and General Sargus Ruk as the grineer, and they give advice and tips similar to the lotus.

But lets say you type in infested and your password is Grineer, you get the same types of games only now your Infested fighting the Grineer.

I know this mini game sounds useless because why wouldn't you just play the game, but what do y'all think?

Playing as an enemy? That'd be fantastic in my opinion. I don't think "conquest" is a good name though for it though, but whatever. The only major issue is there'd have to be a way for people to find out in game. And a way for them into this minigame in game.

It may sound silly, yes, but it does sound like fun. There'd have to be a way to pick what unit you want to be (Corpus Prodman, Crewman, Elite, Sniper, Tech, Etc.) I'm assuming your lifespan will be very short depending on what you decide to be. For example, if you're an infested runner... you don't have a lifespan. You're just hilarious when you explode.

This may be taking it too far, but what if during an invasion mission you could invite friends to play as corpus/grineer units. For example you still have a maximum of 4 tenno in a mission, but you and 9 friends can all play the same invasion mission if 6 of them agree to play as corpus/grineer units.

Edit: I actually think I like your original idea better, keeping it small and just derping around as an enemy unit for a meaningless bit sounds way more fun.

Edited by (PS4)EternalDamnation

The name makes me think of a Battlefront II style conquest, like playing interception but as a Corpus or Grineer scrub instead, and you get a handful of NPC allies to help you guard the points. Of course as a Lancer/Crewman you're restricted to certain weapons, like the Dera and Grakata, and maybe a baton for quick melee, but eventually you gain the ability to play as a Heavy Unit (maybe even a Hyena-MK1 for the Corpus).

That would be fun, though it'd probably be a whole separate game in itself.

Edited by Paradoxbomb