Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra: Super Or Not-So Much?

StarGeezerTim

A thousand pardons if I'm walking over well-trodden ground, but I have several issues with the Supra and I haven't even built the thing yet.

First are the steep requirements and the lack of meaningful in-game information needed to make informed decisions. My buddy and I have our own dojo and have worked hard to put in all the research labs and get most of the research done. This involved a fair amount of resource grinding to get not only the credits but the requisite bits-n-bobs to put it all together.  Fine, no problem.  Research lab built, and research done on the weapon.  Now it's 15K credits to buy the blueprint.  Again, no biggie.

Now we start getting into pain-in-the hiney territory.  I pick up the BP, only to be told it was XP locked...AFTER I already bought the BP.  Now, 15K isn't a make-or-break at this point (I have about 1.5M credits currently.)  But it should display very prominently whenever a weapon has some sort of XP/mastery requirement prior to you actually plunking down the clams. As it turned out, I had just hit Rank 7 eligibility (failed the mastery test the first time...as an aside, don't use an Ogris for this test. Just don't.)  So this was a minor hitch, but a pain nonetheless.

So I re-take and pass the Rank 7 test, and go to start my weapon...now to be told that I need 7 Fieldrons.  Really?! Yeah, I have the research done, but now I have to buy the BP and make them...one at a time...seven times over...at 15K each. And twelve hours or 25 plat to rush each.  And still, nothing in the description to hint that these have such a huge investment in terms of materials and time (and potentially money if you decide to want to push them along.)

Now sure, I could have read the wiki and/or forums ahead of time.  But how many realistically do this on a consistent basis?  What's more, is there any good reason for NOT putting this in the game to inform players before they commit time/resources/credits to a project they many not have all the requirements for?

TL;DR DE, please clearly communicate when items have extraordinary requirements, be that XP/Mastery and/or resources.  

Thanks. Mini-rant completed. For now. ;)

EDIT: Field Irons?  Sounds like something you'd keep in your golf bag. Fixed. LOL

Edited by StarGeezerTim

Yea, it's a problem that should be changed, I'll agree...

But if I was going to make a weapon, and I couldn't see the requirements, I'd probly look up said requirements in preparation. Also, you don't HAVE to make the fieldrons or whatever they're called, you can do some of the invasion missions which give free Fieldron Samples.

And like you said, 15K is hardly anything special..honestly, you have a bit of the blame to share for a lack of research, although DE really should fix this problem.

Edited by UFOLoche

Yea, it's a problem that should be changed, I'll agree...

But if I was going to make a weapon, and I couldn't see the requirements, I'd probly look up said requirements in preparation. Also, you don't HAVE to make the fieldrons or whatever they're called, you can do some of the invasion missions which give free Fieldron Samples.

And like you said, 15K is hardly anything special..honestly, you have a bit of the blame to share for a lack of research, although DE really should fix this problem.

I'm assuming by "lack of research" you mean not Googling every time I want to craft something?  Yeah...guilty.  But then again and in my defense, most gear doesn't have this rather steep investment in terms of research, cost, materials, and mastery.  I'm not even really complaining about these requirements so much as the need for DE to plainly state them in the game and not be required to do one's risk-benefit analysis using third party sites.

The thing could cost half as much and is still in the top 3 of costly weapons. Sadly its really not worth it atm, i was going to make it my main but 3 forma later i just give up.

The thing needs 2 mods minimal to fix its huge ammo and reload downsides (of course it has no polarity) and then you still get the poor travel time.

Yes, Supra is definitely not worth it for the price.

Lower reload time to 3s, increase magazine to at least 120, buff damage and projectile speed, make it have at least one V polarity and then we can talk.

Yes, Supra is definitely not worth it for the price.

Lower reload time to 3s, increase magazine to at least 120, buff damage and projectile speed, make it have at least one V polarity and then we can talk.

It wouldn't have even hit my radar except I was in an Alert with a guy this week with one that was kitted-out and he was wrecking shiz with it.  He had Split Chamber and lord-only-knows-what-else on it, and was spitting a dual-stream of death at the baddies; it was truly a sight to behold.

Was just trying to get an energy-based weapon in my arsenal, but now thinking I may be better off farming the bits for the Boltor Prime.

The supra is very lackluster. Just give it the highest sustained DPS. Then it'll actually be worth the investment...

They could just drop it master requirement to '4' and cut its resource requirements down to size. I think that its cost set an expectation that it just cannot be lived up to. It would be a reasonable weapon if it was as hard to make as a Karak or a Hek.

With the number of buff Supra topic that are always on weapon feed-back it is clear that DE thinks Supra is 'fine'. I honestly think there is a higher chance of DE making an event with a Supra Vandal than there would be to change Supra at this point.

Edited by LazyKnight