Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Notice The Infestation Are Like The Flood?

Akihoshi

The Flood (Halo universe)

Just incase you live under a rock, the Flood are an abomination race in the Halo universe that were created as a weapon and accidentally unleashed across the universe.  They are parasitic and have a hive mentality governed by a stronger single mind.

So just thinking about this, the Infestation seem to have similar characteristics to the Flood, minus the fact they don't pick up weapons and attack you, they swarm and the ancients seem to be a "stronger" minded leader and they run up and explode.  It is a bit of a stretch but i can't seem to shake the idea when i'm playing now.

SOMEONE PINCH ME!

Anyone else see this when they are playing? or has this been discussed before?

...that were created as a weapon...

WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRONG

The flood were not created as a weapon they were a parasite found by the forerunners which they attempted to contain and study inside the Halo rings. That said i really think we need more infestation types.

Edited by --Strider-Hiryu--

That's kind of like saying "hey, hey guys, does the warframes kind of remind you of ninjas?"

not really in the least bit....

but if i go solo as loki or ash with throwing stars, yes =D

Anything other than that no, but then again we are "space ninjas" maybe they just have different rules to being stealthy.... like rocket launchers... or take out the whole ship before the rest of the fleet arrives kinda stealthy-ish....

WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRONG

The flood were not created as a weapon they were a parasite found by the forerunners which they attempted to contain and study inside the Halo rings. That said i really think we need more infestation types.

Double WRRRRRROOOOONNNNGGGG

"As the Forerunner-Precursor war drew to a close, the few remaining Precursors that were pushed out beyond the edges of the galaxy to Path Kethona sought vehement vengeance against the Forerunners. A few Precursors were spared by the Forerunners, while others became a dust which could regenerate into their past forms. Over time this dust became so corrupted that it could only cause horrific diseases. The Precursors saw a chance for revenge and so they purposed the Flood to destroy the Forerunners as a final act of vengeance against them."

WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRONG

im trying to abbreviate here... but in technicality, The Precursors technically unleashed the Flood on the Forerunners after they themselves were pretty much extinct.

"As the Forerunner-Precursor war drew to a close, the few remaining Precursors that were pushed out beyond the edges of the galaxy to Path Kethona sought vehement vengeance against the Forerunners. A few Precursors were spared by the Forerunners, while others became a dust which could regenerate into their past forms. Over time this dust became so corrupted that it could only cause horrific diseases. The Precursors saw a chance for revenge and so they purposed the Flood to destroy the Forerunners as a final act of vengeance against them."

ya what he said.... THATS NOT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD!!!

To be fair to the other poster. the forunners did seal the flood in the halo rings for study, and to keep them from being completely wiped out.

ya what he said.... THATS NOT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD!!!

This thread is now a Halo lore thread. huehuehuehu

To be fair to the other poster. the forunners did seal the flood in the halo rings for study, and to keep them from being completely wiped out.

indeed

ok so I'm not the only one who thought that

For a while I kept calling them Flood

for some reason i would have thought this would have been discussed by now =)

i seriously have flash backs to halo though... got to hide and recharge my shield lol

and then us humans unleashed them again MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cant remember (need to go back and replay the whole series (again)) though didnt the covenant unleash them on atleast one occasion?

how do they like to do it?

Its caused by a energy eminating by a marker originally, and then later on virally. http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Necromorphs