Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Synapse

GhostWOlf995

I think most of you know why,its mastery rank 7 weapon,its clan weapon,also requiere a heck of resources,why is it outdps-sd by soma? It has horible range compared to soma and yet soma does 1.5 higher dmg.. The only upside of synapse is that it looks cool..

Except synapse i think other clan weapons should be buffed,but synapse is my favourite so i wanted to point it out

sry for english

All of you saying that the Synapse is fine obviously do not understand how terribly the new continuous damage weapon nerfs have hurt it. The new delay and totaling have basically made the Synapse incapable of being the status effect causing rifle it was before. That was where the Synapse's power came from. That power no longer exists.

All of you saying that the Synapse is fine obviously do not understand how terribly the new continuous damage weapon nerfs have hurt it. The new delay and totaling have basically made the Synapse incapable of being the status effect causing rifle it was before. That was where the Synapse's power came from. That power no longer exists.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Synapse/t_30_22000000_131-4-5-132-1-5-137-0-10-140-7-5-150-2-3-153-5-3-159-6-5_137-7-132-8-150-9-f-f-131-9-153-9-159-9-140-9/en/2-0-19

Take a look at my build my good sir.

Synapse and Phage are my favorite primaries, both are continuous fire, both still used almost exclusively.

I'm hoping the new event mod will make the synapse have decent electric proc again, after it was nerfed to crap. The big fun of a synapse build is using pure electric damage and letting the sparks fly, but with a 1-in-10-seconds proc rate, the thing is useless.

Buff!?, it gets red crits.

What is your problem with the red crits people?!......  Does anyone play Volt?......enough with the red crits.

Oh, and, don't buff Synapse!

I have a 5star Synapse, so I would be 1.5x happier if it would be buffed, but I would be 10x happier if DE would make some way to further research finished dojo weapons to make them better.

Here's a suggestion:

The oracle can be the place where we could further research, Synapse for example, as follows:

Choosing Chemical Upgrade would:

1: change the look to show surgically attached fluid tanks and dispensers.

2: change the ALT FIRE function to spray gass at 20m (similar to Ignis, but with little or no damage) consuming ammo, coating the targets and marking them with the FLAMABLE debuff. If the debuffed targets get hit by the first hit of primary fire they would burst in flames (with aoe damage equal to 5 rounds influenced by critical chance) and be set on fire(like the Heat debuff).

The flamable debuff could be activated by another Synapse, regardless of upgrades or other ELECTRIC or HEAT damage. The Flamable debuff will be consumed by the first proc. If another one is needed it will have to be applied again.

Choosing Energy Upgrade would:

1: Change the look to show surgically attacked capacitors and lasers poiting forward when the weapon is firing with ALT FIRE held.

2: When ALT FIRE is held the lasers activate and for an increase in ammo consumption the range of Synapse will be significantly increased.

Choosing Bio Upgrade would:

1: Change the look to show a "grown" Synapse.

2: When you fire The Synapse it will release, once every 5 rounds, along the energy stream, 1(2 with multishot) technocite nanite, consuming 5 rounds, that will look for the closest target in 5m, colide with it damaging Electric and activating Electric Proc, equal to 5 rounds influenced by critical chance.

If there are no accepted targets in 5m distance of the electric arc, the released nanite will fade and the spent rounds will NOT be refunded..

Only ONE upgrade would be posible for the same weapon and the weapon will not be usable for the duration of the upgrade(3 days and can't be rushed).

Edited by nekrojiji

As a Synapse user, I feel that it does not need a buff.

It suffers heavily from the new Continuous Weapon damage system, and that needs to be fixed for sure. Synapse, like Acrid and Torid, need fixing, not buffing.

Anything beyond the fix is entirely unnecessary, because the weapon was already slightly past borderline-overpowered in its previous state.

I'm against any action that promotes power creep in this game. It already suffers from being stat-based; increasing the gap between "strong" and "weak" weapons will only make this worse.

Edited by SortaRandom

This

I doesnt matter if you think that synapse is 1 of best weapon,it isnt that good as soma , i mean soma is better by far.. Any yet synapse cost more,etc.. It should be better dmg dealer..