The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can You Not? (Stealth Vauban Nerf)

AshenSwift

"- Fixed Zephyr’s Tornado and Vauban’s Vortex being able to ragdoll harder enemies (Mini-bosses like Stalker, etc). The Tornado will still deal DOT, but it won’t ragdoll. It is now consistent with other ragdoll-esque powers."

Since when are heavy units "mini-bosses". I'm okay with Stalker ignoring Vortex, but Vortex is Vauban's ULTIMATE, and now it doesn't affect heavy units? Really? It didn't need a nerf!

Could you NOT stealth nerf abilities please? Thanks.

And if you don't believe me, try vortex on infested ancients. It DOESN'T WORK.

Regardless, you might as well make NOVA'S ultimate not affect heavy units, or ANY ultimate. It's stupid as hell! It's an ULTIMATE. His STRONGEST ability! There's no reason for it to not affect heavy units!

Well that's a stupid post even for hyperbole. Nova's 4th power is hugely different from Vauban's 

Vortex is still fine, there needs to be a move a way from "press 4 to win" in this game. Vortex isn't as offensive as MP's catch all abilities, damage debuff, buff and CC and radius all in one. But, it was there, throw it in and forget, everything in the vicinity is paralysed and shot to pieces, especially if the weapon has shred or any type of punch through on it. If people can't learn to adapt to the fact that a heavy enemy might have some resistance to a power (My God, shocking that they could be anything other than cannon fodder) then they're using that power as a crutch and they're not as good as they thought they were.

Edit:

And doesn't Vauban still have Bastille which is one of the most effective CC powers in the game, which can catch heavies? I might be overestimating things, but it seems like we might actually have to think when choosing a power to use in a given situation, or even; to my horror, use more than 1 power. Perish the thought eh?

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

Well that's a stupid post even for hyperbole. Nova's 4th power is hugely different from Vauban's 

Vortex is still fine, there needs to be a move a way from "press 4 to win" in this game. Vortex isn't as offensive as MP's catch all abilities, damage debuff, buff and CC and radius all in one. But, it was there, throw it in and forget, everything in the vicinity is paralysed and shot to pieces, especially if the weapon has shred or any type of punch through on it. If people can't learn to adapt to the fact that a heavy enemy might have some resistance to a power (My God, shocking that they could be anything other than cannon fodder) then they're using that power as a crutch and they're not as good as they thought they were.

Edit:

And doesn't Vauban still have Bastille which is one of the most effective CC powers in the game, which can catch heavies? I might be overestimating things, but it seems like we might actually have to think when choosing a power to use in a given situation, or even; to my horror, use more than 1 power. Perish the thought eh?

Then let me compare it to Rhino Stomp, which affects heavy units, CCs everything in a LARGER RADIUS than Vortex, AND does damage.

My point is, Vortex is the LAST ultimate that should have been nerfed.

Stomp does small amounts of damage and is restrained by a power in use button. Vauban has huge crowd control capability with Bastille and Vortex. You think Rhino even comes close to that? He doesn't. The ability to concentrate enemies in a small area and then unload a shred modded Soma into them is incredibly effective. 

Now, if they're talking about leader units, or heavies. You still have a power which will suck every cannon fodder and leave a couple of heavies unaffected? Wow hell of a nerf eh? And you still have Bastille, you just can't spam Vortex, you might have to evaluate the situation given Bataille's limited holding capacity. 

And Nyx's Chaos is brilliant, but it doesn't remove the damage entirely like Bastille or Vortex. 

Edit:

And I would have thought they mean leader units.

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid