The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Link+Invunerbility Needs A Fix...

Brimir

Basically, Link should only reflect damage if you actually take damage. Currently it works even if you don't take any damage. This can very easily be exploited by using Penta/Ogris and just nuking at your feet and "reflecting" the damage to your Link targets.

Especially gamebreaking when you take Power Range mods into account - you effectively increase the range of your explosion to cover an entire room because your Link "tendrils" reach very distant targets.

Why is it that you people always complain about everything that WORKS instead of things that DON'T ?

Seriously, always the cryhurt about other's playstyle. Be it Link-Trinity, Prime-Nova, Ironskin-Rhino... What's the next thing on the magic list of "things others do that I dislike seeing in MY warframe"?

I thought they changed Trinity's Link a long time back to only block 75% maximum of the damage to Trinity, while you take the rest, to discourage this exploit.

He just complains about Trinity using the combined power costs of TWO abilities to kill enemies without hurting herself in the process.

Why is it that you people always complain about everything that WORKS instead of things that DON'T ?

Because there is a clear difference between something that "works" and something that is clearly taking advantage of unintended breakage of game mechanics.

You shouldn't be able to nuke yourself and have Link spread all that damage to an entire room of enemies, all the while you take 0% damage from neither enemies nor the self-damage. It is zero risk, full reward braindead silliness.

Link should either

a. Only work with damage inflicted by enemies.

-or-

b. Only reflect actual damage.

Edited by Brimir

As a Trinity main, I too was shocked when I saw a fellow Trinity shooting her feet.

However, DE has looked upon similar threads - namely ones where Trinity hugs the void laser - and applauded our ingenuity.... So I'm not sure where I stand...

Probably on Penta grenades...

Definitely agree with you there - whoever was the first to think it up was being quite clever - fiendishly so. That, in my mind, doesn't excuse how gamebreaking and ridiculous it is.

Having Link reflect damage when you aren't actually taking damage seems like a bug to me.

You shouldn't be able to nuke yourself and have Link spread all that damage to an entire room of enemies, all the while you take 0% damage from neither enemies nor the self-damage. It is zero risk, full reward braindead silliness.

With "entire room" you mean the fixed, non-modifiable 1-3 targets?

Which you probably could kill waaay quicker by using a more powerful non-AoE weapon, anyway?

Edited by ScorpDK

Which you probably could kill waaay quicker by using a more powerful non-AoE weapon, anyway?

No you would not - Link is not limited by an AoE like a Penta/Ogris round. You can have enemies in three different places - way out of the range to kill them with one explosive.

Not to mention that anyone who uses this strategy would be smart enough to play "suicide bomber" i.e utilize the Invincibility and go into melee range before nuking themselves. You don't just stand around hoping that the Link will find targets.

No aiming, no thinking required. Just shoot your feet and the Link will target stuff for you, instantly.

Edited by Brimir

People complain about a playstyle that requires a constant intake of power orbs or team energy restores.

It isn't cheap to cast these two skills together, and even with maxed efficiency, you're bound to be running out fairly quickly. A single orb is barely enough for link itself, so it is far from viable and rather dangerous once you're out of energy (as your Penta probably isn't the best choice against enemies at longer range).

People complain about a playstyle that requires a constant intake of power orbs or team energy restores.

It isn't cheap to cast these two skills together, and even with maxed efficiency, you're bound to be running out fairly quickly. A single orb is barely enough for link itself, so it is far from viable and rather dangerous once you're out of energy (as your Penta probably isn't the best choice against enemies at longer range).

Now you're just grasping at straws. You're bound to find enough Energy Orbs from the enemies/containers you demolish on your way. Plus, have you heard of Power Duration/Efficiency?

It is not difficulty to have both powers active 24/7.