The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You're Gonna Nerf Frost, Might As Well Nerf Rhino (Or, An Epiphany On The State Of Warframe).

8bit_Ghost

shield polarize restores shields I think, so no he probably meant that.

No well, bullet attract + radial javelin means ALL javelins go to that one target, doing 12K+ damage to a single target. Waht does a shield restore do in conjunction with a javelin?

A bit off topic, but i want to say it anyway:

There are some weapons that are terrible (Bo, Amphis, Vulkar, Ballistica...) and others that oneshot almost any enemy (soma, penta, synapse, brakk, marelok, galatine...).

Why DE don't buff weapons with a good potential like the Hind, the Tysis, the Kamas, the Dera?...

I don't say that nerfing these weapons is the right way to do that because LOTS of people have them and have installed Formas and catalyst on these weapons.

On topic: Same thing...

No well, bullet attract + radial javelin means ALL javelins go to that one target, doing 12K+ damage to a single target. Waht does a shield restore do in conjunction with a javelin?

And this is why warframe is broken... Why would I use all that synergy combining 2 frames when I can point Soma at the enemy and deal double that damage in the same amount of time.

The problem with this thread in shorthand:

Referring to frame abilities as "exploited"

Not understanding what Meta is or denotes.

Seeming to believe that you can prevent having a meta. \

Suggests overall nerfing of everything rather than bringing under performaning frames up to par.

A bit off topic, but i want to say it anyway:

There are some weapons that are terrible (Bo, Amphis, Vulkar, Ballistica...) and others that oneshot almost any enemy (soma, penta, synapse, brakk, marelok, galatine...).

Why DE don't buff weapons with a good potential like the Hind, the Tysis, the Kamas, the Dera?...

I don't say that nerfing these weapons is the right way to do that because LOTS of people have them and have installed Formas and catalyst on these weapons.

On topic: Same thing...

Because Tiers.

As you play through the game, you progress through the weapons. Stuff like the Bo etc are bad because they are starter weapons, meant to be sub-par to entice you to play more and unlock better stuff. 

I won't go further into the matter here, because it is too late for nerf talk.

The problem with this thread in shorthand:

Referring to frame abilities as "exploited"

Not understanding what Meta is or denotes.

Seeming to believe that you can prevent having a meta. \

Suggests overall nerfing of everything rather than bringing under performaning frames up to par.

The game is too easy though so frames should be nerfed and not buffed. Trinity gives the entire team invulnerability for 30 seconds with infinite range... What other game lets your whole team not die except for one second per minute when you have to hit a button? There are a lot of really OP frames in this regard. No enemy requires as much power as a team of four players has...

Edited by VegetableBasket

I'm getting sick and tired of these nerf crying fun haters.

People resort to the same frames everytime because they're viable against high level enemies. I want to bring Ember to high levels but sadly she sucks so i'm stuck with Trinity, Nova, Booben etc. Buff the weaker frames. Don't touch frames that actually work.

Because Tiers.

As you play through the game, you progress through the weapons. Stuff like the Bo etc are bad because they are starter weapons, meant to be sub-par to entice you to play more and unlock better stuff. 

I won't go further into the matter here, because it is too late for nerf talk.

Yeah i know that these are starter weapons, but why all these starter weapons? Why that huge differences between a rank 3 weapon and a rank 6 weapon? Also i don't think that the Dera, the Prova, the Torid are starter weapons..

The game is too easy though so frames should be nerfed and not buffed. Trinity gives the entire team invulnerability for 30 seconds with infinite range... What other game lets your whole team not die except for one second per minute when you have to hit a button?

I can hear the scrubs now...

"NOO DON'T NERF MY TRINITY, I NEED MY EASYMODE SO I CAN POST INFLATED SURVIVAL TIMES TO SHOW OFF MY EPEEN. I DON'T WANT THIS GAME TO NEED SKILL FOR HIGH LEVEL STUFF"

oh so he meant a combo between them. I didn't know about that combo.

The game is too easy though so frames should be nerfed and not buffed. Trinity gives the entire team invulnerability for 30 seconds with infinite range for god's sake. What other game lets your whole team not die except for one second per minute when you have to hit a button?

Artificial difficulty by making everything wet tissue and enemies bullet sponges isn't really any better.

The game is too easy though so frames should be nerfed and not buffed. Trinity gives the entire team invulnerability for 30 seconds with infinite range... What other game lets your whole team not die except for one second per minute when you have to hit a button?

Partially true imo.  On the one hand, 30 seconds is too much, on the other hand, it's so effective because the game lacks depth.  For the most part, the only thing you have to worry about is damage and knockdowns. 

This is where leaders and specialized units need to be buffed up and given better/more tools so that people aren't constantly  bandwagoning to nerf the flavor of the month. 

Extra interaction with the map itself (traps, events, etc. etc.) would go a long ways towards allowing skills to be powerful but not OP.

On the otherhand, I'm not entirely opposed to nerfs on top of all that.  It's really tiring to see people throwing around phrases like "try that two hours into T3 survival" and such nonsense as though the game should be balanced around no lifeing at high levels.

Edited by Aggh

If a nerf everything is the worst thing we can do, then buff S#&$ty equipments and enemies too. The target of this topic is: NO MORE GOD MOD

This game is funny because it isn't easy. I like challenges and that's why i don't build Trinity/Rhino.

8bit, I've seen you post a lot in this Forums, and almost all of them are you complaining, and it's really starting to get annoying. You have very little game experience and you're completely based off of everyone else's experience. Honestly, Frost wasn't even nerfed he was buffed, if you ever take the time to play with him you'll see that. I use Loki because I like his speed and I like his hammer head shark face, nothing else.

Artificial difficulty by making everything wet tissue and enemies bullet sponges isn't really any better.

I didn't propose anyone did that...

We need enemies that require coordination to defeat, abilities that don't turn a large room into red mist, enemies that use cover and team up on us, enemies that require aim to defeat, guns that have recoil, just normal stuff you see in any other game which is somewhere between hard and enjoyable.

Edited by VegetableBasket

For one, it wouldn't be to that extreme. And two, it's the first step to making those enemies challenging in the right way. Better to start with "artifical difficulty" (which it won't reeeally be to an extent, unless you're still thinking about 50+ defense, which things shouldn't be balanced on) than none at all.

Yeah i know that these are starter weapons, but why all these starter weapons? Why that huge differences between a rank 3 weapon and a rank 6 weapon? Also i don't think that the Dera, the Prova, the Torid are starter weapons..

Prova is rank 2-3, the Dera and Torrid are what 4 and 5?

They are mid level weapons, which while better than the starter stuff, (and all perfectly good weapons to take into the end game) still need to be levels in power down from the best stuff.

Then again,stuff like the Soma is over powered for where you can access it, and probably needs to be toned down slightly.

The more powerful weapons are meant to encourage players to stretch further at the end of the game, and also to make farming a bit less of a chore. They are the players reward for sticking with the game. That being said, the top 10 weapons are a bit too far ahead of the pack