Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What A "prime" Should Be.

Seraiya.Gier

Every prime Should be Faster Better, Stronger  (not omfg ++++ but stronger).

It is prime tenno/prime warframe during their best, and our normal warframes should be like pre prime glory.

For example loki should be even more fast in prime version, and have better range of radial disarm.

Rhino should have more shields and armor instead of more speed.

Ash should look less like bug in prime version.

So no power creep but having advantage makes sense

Oh and Saryn needs bigger rack in prime version (not like average anime girl though)

State your argument then if it wasn't already mentioned. Unless you follow the &*$$genize everything crowd.  In which case, your perception of balance is simply saying that you want everything to be brought down to what your current palette of weapon/frame choice happens to be. "This weapon outdoes my Braton, please make the Soma like my Braton. I want everyone to play the way I do."

This can also fall into the whole "What player x uses has no effect on you. If you don't like it, don't use it or play with people who use it." 

This thread is just chock full of ideas that completely disagree with - but on the bright side, you're being pretty pleasant about it.

"Hom0genize everything"

I'm not sure who this "hom0genize everything" crowd is, and I believe you're creating a straw man argument to discredit the opposing view.

In context of gaming - Balance doesn't mean things need to be the same, in fact it means the opposite - different options should have differing strengths and weaknesses so they BALANCE eachother.

Progression is great, but what is the benefit of introducing content which totally invalidates other content? It wastes the devs time and ours as well. Something can be different, and even stronger, and have its share of downsides that ensure it's not simply being better in every way.

"If you don't like it, don't use it"

If you make a single frame/weapon the fastest, most durable, easiest to use, most powerful, most x,y,z frame, it simply causes more players to use that frame/gun. Like Rhino/Nova/Vauban/Soma etc. Which then creates a situation where if you're not using that same "ideal" equipment, you are playing at a disadvantage.

"But it's PvE! We're on the same team!" Yes, but I'd like to actually play the game too, not run after you a Nova and 2 other Rhino Primes picking up loot that you instakilled with your Soma and Boltor Prime. 

If you didn't care about how fast/strong/awesome you were, and how much of a kill streak you could have....you wouldn't be using Rhino in the first place. This argument is pure projection - it's used by people who obviously care about being "uber" in an effort to discredit others for also wanting to excel in the game.

Being on the same team doesn't mean we don't want to perform well, or better than others. Some of us just prefer to not use the exact same loadout as the other 3 members of the squad.

Unbalanced equipment dumbs the game down by funneling players into the same gear and loadout. It makes gameplay more monotonus and boring, thus reducing the lifespan of the game.

So your request for more powerful Primes is essentially asking for an easier game, with even more people using the same gear - none of that sounds appealing to me. And I've been playing for quite a while, with access to essentially everything in game.

Here Comes the Nerf Bat???

Do I want nerfs? No. I want:

-All Frames Brought To Nova Tier Without Numerical Buffs

-Powerful weapons and frames to be more challenging to use

-more difficult (not just enemy scaled) content to use our more powerful gear on

It's all about the swag really...

Yep bragging rights:

"Look at me, i've grinded the vicious Void (or payed someone off who did) to build myself a shiny gold covered space ninja armor!"

Just like with any other ornamental weapon or armor in reality. The only exception in Warframe is that they are actualy as usefull as the normal versions.

That's all there really is to it. Showing off and feeling like something better.

If they wanted to introduce enhanced or upgraded versions of existing Warframes they wouldn't have needed to make them gold decorated. That's just to make people want them more because they are shiny.

This thread is just chock full of ideas that completely disagree with - but on the bright side, you're being pretty pleasant about it.

"Hom0genize everything"

I'm not sure who this "hom0genize everything" crowd is, and I believe you're creating a straw man argument to discredit the opposing view.

In context of gaming - Balance doesn't mean things need to be the same, in fact it means the opposite - different options should have differing strengths and weaknesses so they BALANCE eachother.

Progression is great, but what is the benefit of introducing content which totally invalidates other content? It wastes the devs time and ours as well. Something can be different, and even stronger, and have its share of downsides that ensure it's not simply being better in every way.

"If you don't like it, don't use it"

If you make a single frame/weapon the fastest, most durable, easiest to use, most powerful, most x,y,z frame, it simply causes more players to use that frame/gun. Like Rhino/Nova/Vauban/Soma etc. Which then creates a situation where if you're not using that same "ideal" equipment, you are playing at a disadvantage.

"But it's PvE! We're on the same team!" Yes, but I'd like to actually play the game too, not run after you a Nova and 2 other Rhino Primes picking up loot that you instakilled with your Soma and Boltor Prime. 

If you didn't care about how fast/strong/awesome you were, and how much of a kill streak you could have....you wouldn't be using Rhino in the first place. This argument is pure projection - it's used by people who obviously care about being "uber" in an effort to discredit others for also wanting to excel in the game.

Being on the same team doesn't mean we don't want to perform well, or better than others. Some of us just prefer to not use the exact same loadout as the other 3 members of the squad.

Unbalanced equipment dumbs the game down by funneling players into the same gear and loadout. It makes gameplay more monotonus and boring, thus reducing the lifespan of the game.

So your request for more powerful Primes is essentially asking for an easier game, with even more people using the same gear - none of that sounds appealing to me. And I've been playing for quite a while, with access to essentially everything in game.

Here Comes the Nerf Bat???

Do I want nerfs? No. I want:

-All Frames Brought To Nova Tier Without Numerical Buffs

-Powerful weapons and frames to be more challenging to use

-more difficult (not just enemy scaled) content to use our more powerful gear on

Precisely. I was debating when to step into this discussion.

Giving Primes advantages over their non-Prime counterparts? Bad idea. 

Right now, Primes have the ability to interact with void Death Orbs for free energy for the whole team.

and that's all.

and with the weapons half of it? Ugh. Primes should be SIDEgrades, not UPgrades. In fact, there shouldn't be ANY weapons that totally eclipse out others. I honestly don't think Soma is THAT OP, because it does have a downside: Ammo Economy. It's a very bursty weapon that just shells out ammo very quickly, and leaves you with almost nothing.

Do I agree that Prime frames need bonuses over their normal versions? No

Do I agree that Prime weapons need bonuses over their normal counterpatrs? No, but sidegrades are good

Having that kind of stuff is what games like WoW and GW2 do. Not good things...

-Jin

Megan confirmed DE will make the Primes stronger, so apparently, we won. the Primes will be stronger than normal Warframes.

Think about that, the Primes ARE supposed to be stronger than normal warframes, not just swag and shiny things. they are meant to be a reward for your efforts, not just "same frame, different shape".

Megan confirmed DE will make the Primes stronger, so apparently, we won. the Primes will be stronger than normal Warframes.

Think about that, the Primes ARE supposed to be stronger than normal warframes, not just swag and shiny things. they are meant to be a reward for your efforts, not just "same frame, different shape".

Then what are they going to do about Excalibur Prime?

A suggestion on what to do with prime frames. Simply have the frame have a base stat increase across the board of 5 or 10% no polarity changes and the energy thing in vaults but have them as forma style upgrade. You collect the blueprints as you do now and instead of building a completely new frame. You create a <frame name> prime reconfiguation matrix. You then apply the matrix to your base level 30 frame like a forma reseting it to its unranked prime version.

This would make the primes better than there none primed counter parts but without rendering the none primes obsolete.

Similar things could be done for vandal/wraith frame also weapons.

Yeah, power creep is a real concern. While I want to see primes stand out from their normal counterparts, I also don't want wholly superior prime frames to give people no reason to run anything else. I'm not sure what ways those two concerns could be reconciled, though.

All primes are accessible except Excal. So, whats the problem here. I don't see it.

I posted this in a different threat, but I think it applies here:

Unless they are going to make Excalibur Prime available again, I don't want primes with anything more than aesthetic features and maybe different polarity slots. If they buff all the Primes, there will be outrage that the better Excalibur is not available for play. If they buff them all except Excalibur (or if they re-release him), there will be outrage that the founders paid for nothing special. (Though, at least if they re-release him, there will be some happiness by newer players able to get him.)

So, the reason for not making primes "Prime" is because of butthurtness over not being able to get a exclusive item? Just three exclusive items and your butthurt? Come on now, You do know there will be another founders package to come. So, why all the butthurtness? Primes should be better than the mass produces version. It is logical. Follows the Warframe lore and makes just sense from DE's idea of how things should operate. Plus, I am sure everyone is tired of farming for something that really almost has no value except eye candy. 

Don't worry, that problem will eventually be fixed, it will take a long while, but it will be fixed.

By the way, B.A.A is right, people are getting tired to see Primes are IDENTICAL to the normal Frames except for eye candy and useless stuff, they want something that means an acomplishment, something stronger. Not TOO strong, just stronger. Nothing to do with power creep or butthurts.