Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Event Idea: Request From The Stalker

(PSN)Quo_Tee

Well, with every event, Vay Hek seems to become more and more Savage...

my Idea for an event is that The stalker will contact the tenno and request assistance, he will say that Hek has been executing innocent civilians to boost the grineers moral and rage, not just that, but Hek has also has an array of missiles on Earth and he is threatening everyone that he will arm it and destroy whoever he desires. Your job is a new Mission Type called Disarm, you will have to disarm all of the missles via hacking the terminals, you get points for how quickly you disarm all missiles and you get extra points for remaining undetected throughout the mission. The stalker will guide you throughout the mission while he attempts to assassinate Hek, at the End of the Mission, he will say, "I have failed, Hek still lives, but no matter, today you have potentially saved thousands of lives, and don't worry, Justice will be served, It always has and always will, Be it now or in the Afterlife, Justice will be served, Eventually..."

As A reward, for assisting the Stalker he will give you two new weapons from his Arsenal...

For 500 points, he will reward you with a Stalker styled Glaive called "Misery" for the Codex entry "Each Blade of this beautiful yet deadly weapon cuts deep, but not clean, brutally Bleeding the Target, as they are left to die in misery"

For 1000 Points, you will receive the Misery and a Stalker Styled Ballistica called "Regret" for the Codex entry "All who are on the receiving end of these sharp, deadly bolts, will forever Regret coming across its wielder"

DE will be able to decide if these two weapons will be Exclusive, or obtainable by killing the stalker (It gives a purpose for hunting him if you already have the Dread, Despair and Hate)

If you like this idea, please +1

Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

You had me at the event rewards - I like the concept. :)

One thing I'd like to point out though is that as an Orokin the Stalker clearly has a very big grudge against the Tenno to begin with and would rather "avenge" random Grineer/Corpus higher-ups he probably doesn't know as much as he should about. I feel like there needs to be something else that involves him more to give him a better reason - for all he knows, Vay Hek's missles could be aimed to kill all Tenno first, which would put him at peace a lot more than helping them.

I also think the Stalker should be successful in assassinating Vay Hek, but only if you get a really high score (e.g. 1500-ish), perhaps with a special badge (like the current Quantum one).

django-gifs-6.gif

ditto

What if stalker betrays you at the end of the event? That would be cool.

even better

Great idea, except 1 thing... 

Why in the world would the Stalker even request help from the Tenno or anyone at all? 

He's running around executing the Tennos for his own "justice"..

and if you read the stuff about the stalker himself, he IS tenno. He was oneof us, and whenthe orokin created the tenno the tenno started to destroy the stalker and his allies. i'm a little fuzzy on the lore around that part, but the stalker used to be one of us. It wouldn't be to far fetched.

ditto

even better

and if you read the stuff about the stalker himself, he IS tenno. He was oneof us, and whenthe orokin created the tenno the tenno started to destroy the stalker and his allies. i'm a little fuzzy on the lore around that part, but the stalker used to be one of us. It wouldn't be to far fetched.

He is NOT a Tenno.

He's a lower guardian of Orokin origin who equips a warframe.

& the Tennos did NOT kill his allies, the Tennos exterminated the Orokins

Stalker bears a grudge towards us because of this.. 

Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.

The empire he is refering to is the Orokin empire.

Considering we(Tennos) pretty much decimated almost his entire race, why in the world would he turn towards us for help?

Edited by Veridantus

He is NOT a Tenno.

He's a lower guardian of Orokin origin who equips a warframe.

& the Tennos did NOT kill his allies, the Tennos exterminated the Orokins

Stalker bears a grudge towards us because of this.. 

The empire he is refering to is the Orokin empire.

Considering we(Tennos) pretty much decimated almost his entire race, why in the world would he turn towards us for help?

because we were still allies. and while i'm uncertain of why or how the tenno attacked veryone, its still clear tha the orokin made the tenno, and the tenno were still the allies of the 'low guardians' teh first form of the tenno basically.

because we were still allies. and while i'm uncertain of why or how the tenno attacked veryone, its still clear tha the orokin made the tenno, and the tenno were still the allies of the 'low guardians' teh first form of the tenno basically.

We used to be allies, I guess it's safe to assume that since we both used to fight for the Orokin against the Sentient.

The Orokin without a doubt made the Warframes(Excalibur's codex), as for the Tennos there are theories that the Orokin experimented on the children by sending them to the void to get powers (speculated from Ember's codex), but in the end these are just speculations.

Now anyway, The stalker's aim is to eradicate the Tennos, he does not assasinate/aim for anyone else. Even if he does, I seriously doubt he would request any help from those he aim to kill nor do the Tennos have any reason to actually help/hear the Stalker's request.. 

Also, my 69th post *giggles* 

Edited by Veridantus

We used to be allies, I guess it's safe to assume that since we both used to fight for the Orokin against the Sentient.

The Orokin without a doubt made the Warframes(Excalibur's codex), as for the Tennos there are theories that the Orokin experimented on the children by sending them to the void to get powers (speculated from Ember's codex), but in the end these are just speculations.

Now anyway, The stalker's aim is to eradicate the Tennos, he does not assasinate/aim for anyone else. Even if he does, I seriously doubt he would request any help from those he aim to kill nor do the Tennos have any reason to actually help/hear the Stalker's request.. 

Also, my 69th post *giggles* 

why wouldn't he request aid? after all, he sends tenno againstsome enemy, they die fighting, or get weakened, then he turns on them. win win. its plausable.

why wouldn't he request aid? after all, he sends tenno againstsome enemy, they die fighting, or get weakened, then he turns on them. win win. its plausable.

Well, that's plausible, I guess, maybe he should send an anonymous message instead of an assistance request from "yours truly The Stalker who wants to stalk & assasinate you"

One way this could work would be the introduction of sentient tech.

Consider this, both the "lower guard" and the Tenno understand the threat the sentients and their technology pose. Currently all we focus on is Orokin tech and lore but why not use something like this as an excuse to shed some light on those mysterious beings we literally know maybe two things about. Vey Hek found sentient tech, mixed in a little grineer, and made a missile out of the product. He mass produced them. Stalker discovers the threat, alerts the tenno, works with them until the missiles are disarmed and the tech destroyed, then either turns on them or upholds his end of the deal with a little tidbit of lore to keep us going until the next codex update/lore reveal.

Might work. We get to have a shiny new mission type and a new reason to kill/research our favorite annoyance/interest.

Lets resolve this debate about the stalker hating the tenno, after disarming the missiles and before you extract, the stalker will attack you and say "No, I can never forgive you for what you have done, forget about Hek, this is now between me and you..." He will attack you with the two new weapons (Misery and Regret) but this stalker doesnt have a chance to drop blueprints (to make things fair for the people who did farm him like your supposed to, besides, he doesnt have the weapons on him, he has the two event rewards on him) if you kill him, he will say "I have failed once more, forgive me masters..." Then you extract.

PS. I also like your ideas of an awesome animated event badge for this event

My problem here is not the stalker needing "us", but attempting to save Earth. 

As he probably lost his whole empire when we decimated them, he shouldn't need to "save" anything.

You can keep your scenario but in my mind, the Stalker should be after a special "thing" Vay Hek knows about us, and why we murdered everyone. Maybe some archives ? 

He would use the "danger" pretext to send us on the mission, but would not be like "o please save the planet" :<