Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict Vault - Stuck

Bobberly

I went back to menus and it said Warframe had an update so I figured that's what was causing my problems, so I closed it and tried running the game again but it's stuck at "Checking for new content..." and it's not doing anything. Anyone else having issues?

This keeps happening to me. Basically you really need two people to avoid it. I always let the client go in and take the mod thingy and if they get stuck I then enter as a Nova as it should let me leave and pop a teleport for them.

Oh and teleport abilities can still glitch through the invisible wall and let you out sometimes.

Edited by Kyorisu

Just encountered this issue, finally got a key match soloing with rhino and now this nonsense happens. Previously, I've been able to get out by sliding, so I'll see if that works this time.

Super frustrating, DE. Running into this kind of problem on top of all the other frustrations of trying to run vaults by yourself...

Find the vault (not bad), get a key match (kinda rough), fight through corrupted to the exit under surprise debuffs (potentially maddening if the vault is near the beginning of a mission), avoid the whammy of surprise faction switch (happened to me once already - switched to grineer early when I was running with an Extinguished key - UGH), and any others I might have missed. On top of all that saltiness, now we might get unrecoverably stuck in the vault?

Suddenly I feel myself wanting to ask for that much-maligned "Unstuck" button.

edit: I tried for about 15 minutes to squeak my way out somehow, to no avail. I didn't enjoy having to abort :\

Edited by notlamprey

Been running solo vaults. This has happened 3 out of the 5 times that I had right key. Once, the invisible wall went up before I could enter.  What we need is an unstuck button.  Especially since there is no system admins to unstick us.  Something that teleports us out of stuck spots.  Many MMO's have them.  This last time the game also crashed on me.  

Edited by mpastor

See, this is ironic to me, cause I can't even get a key match when I solo.  Never have.  So I've never encountered this alone.

I have, however, seen two people get trapped inside.

Recently I've written down the vault types I've gotten when carrying different keys, seems the game is designed to give you a significantly reduced chance of getting the correct vault for the key you are carrying. They really seem to want to punish solo players in this game.

Although I did get a lot of hobbled vaults when carrying the hobbled key, it might all just be bad luck not done enough runs that I've recorded what I've gotten.

BLEEDING KEY

Bleeding Vault: 1    8,3%
Decaying Vault: 5    41,6%
Extinguished Vault: 3    25%
Hobbled Vault: 3    25%
_Total_: 12

DECAYING KEY

Bleeding Vault: 5    62,5%
Decaying Vault: 0    0%
Extinguished Vault: 1    12,5%
Hobbled Vault: 2    25%
_Total_: 8

EXTINGUISHED KEY

Bleeding Vault: 0    0%
Decaying Vault: 0    0%
Extinguished Vault: 0    0%
Hobbled Vault: 1    100%
_Total_: 1

HOBBLED KEY

Bleeding Vault: 0    0%
Decaying Vault: 2    33,3%

Hobbled Vault: 4    66,6%

Extinguished Vault: 0    0%
_Total_: 6
Edited by Mikki79

Mikki I applaud your efforts, but I don't think you have run statistically significant amount of trials to make any real claims. Even in a 100% fair random setup, you will see these sort of anomalies.  There may or may not be some bias as you claim.  But you need to run many more trials to confirm that.

P.S.

I am currently stuck in the vault right now waiting and hoping that the invisible wall will eventually drop

I've come across this many times in the recent past. My last run I successfully raided the vault even though the door had "shut" on me. I'm not sure if anything I did in particular had set me free or if I had to wait or simply got lucky.

If you find yourself in this situation again, I recommend the following if you're feeling like you have the same sort of dumb luck as I did:

- Shoot at the door

- Shoot at the objects on the cieling

- Shoot at the circle on the Excalibur's helmet

- Stand on the circle where the artifact was

- Do all of the aforementioned while doing this

- Wait

A good way to tell if anything you've done has prevailed and you are set free is to have enemies/something with a health indicator adjacent to the door and to look at it. If you see an indicator, congratulations! You're free!*

(*Assuming you make it through the mission alive)

If not then I'm sorry that you've wasted time and resources attempting to escape.

This whole thing could just be a huge oversight on our part and it's intended to trap us in, but who knows?