The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros - From Mobile Loot To Budding Necromancer

DrPandisimo

Recently started using Nekros, and my first impressions where quite poor. For a supposed manipulator of the living and dead he does very little...manipulating. From what I can tell, his current skill set acts as follows:

Soul Punch - Limited CC knockdown AoE, good for stunning a single target, not for much else.

Terrify - Limited CC again, also armour reduction can be a problem for people using corrosive projection, if that bug still exsists.

Desecrate - Probably one of Nekros' saving graces kind of. Useful in missions like survival and defense.

SoTD - Radial Decoy Prime - Honestly, the shadows are a little bit sub-par, poor AI and act only as a decoy despite scaling damage and armour etc.

Now, some proposed changes, that I feel may help improve Nekros without straying to far from what he was to begin with.

Stats

Health: 100

Shields: 100

Armour: 65

Power: 100

Soul Punch // Soul Lash - 25 Power - Deals 100/200/350/500 Slash(?) damage. Knocks the target down. If the target is killed by the punch the body ruptures and explodes for 600 damage in a 8m radius (split between puncture and slash, from all the bits of bone/armour scrap etc.).  Note: I think perhaps this skill should deal bonus damage to anything "alive" and reduced damage to Robots, seen as they don't have a soul and such. Enemy will drop a health orb if killed also. Base damage and explosion effected by power damage, AoE by range.

Desecrate - 50 Power - Remain similar, but have it always drop a health orb, keep the chance based loot drops.

Terrify // Aura of Dread - 75 Power - Convert terrify into an aura that follows Nekros, that effects 7/10/13/16 enemies within 15m range. Increases damage these enemies take by 15%/20%/25%/30%. Nekros and any allies within the auras field take 10%/15%/20%/25% reduced damage. Enemies effected, debuff and buff effected by power strength, duration and range.

Shadows of the Dead // Scourge of the Living - 100 Power - Nekros slams the ground with a vile energy, resurrecting 6/8/10/12 nearby corpses within 25m to fight for him. Corpses take 15% less damage, and lasts for 25/30/35/40 seconds. The same process used to revive the dead, also damage the living, causing 250/500/750/1000 damage over 4 seconds(unaffected by duration). Deals extra damage to living targets, reduced damage to robots. Enemies killed by this damage will resurrect, replacing more recent corpses if the cap is reached. Cannot resurrect robots. Number of enemies resurrected, damage reduction and damage effected by power strength. Duration of the ability is affected by duration mods. 

Passive (For if they ever implement them): Emissary of Death: deal 25% more damage with scythe weapons.

Just my thoughts, perhaps giving Nekros more of a reason to play other than that he looks badass. Probably won't see anything from it anyways.

Your thoughts are welcome :3

So much variation in how i spell effected / affected, but whatever :P

Edited by DrPandisimo

I totally agree that Nekros is a loot machine rather than a necromancer, he needs change. I really like some of you suggestions, like the change to his 4.

The damage and resurrection thing really appeals to me. But there is a bit too much fantasy in my sci-fi. Why not make Nekros deal cold and corrosive damage, these are the most "vile" damage types imo.

But why make his 1 another 25 energy skill? Nobody uses those anyway because weapon kills are faster. I would say make it a 75 energy skill that synergized with his style:

Consume: Nekros leeches life from enemies in a 60 degree cone before him (affected by range), dealing 1100 cold/corrosive damage to enemies and distributing 20% of the damage dealt as health to the team. If Nekros has summoned shadows of the dead, each shadow will get an additional 2 seconds of lifetime for every enemy killed with this skill.

Recently started using Nekros, and my first impressions where quite poor. For a supposed manipulator of the living and dead he does very little...manipulating. From what I can tell, his current skill set acts as follows:

Soul Punch - Limited CC knockdown AoE, good for stunning a single target, not for much else.

Terrify - Limited CC again, also armour reduction can be a problem for people using corrosive projection, if that bug still exsists.

Desecrate - Probably one of Nekros' saving graces kind of. Useful in missions like survival and defense.

SoTD - Radial Decoy Prime - Honestly, the shadows are a little bit sub-par, poor AI and act only as a decoy despite scaling damage and armour etc.

Now, some proposed changes, that I feel may help improve Nekros without straying to far from what he was to begin with.

Stats

Soul Punch // Soul Lash - 25 Power - Deals 100/200/350/500 Slash(?) damage. Knocks the target down. If the target is killed by the punch the body ruptures and explodes for 600 damage in a 8m radius (split between puncture and slash, from all the bits of bone/armour scrap etc.).  Note: I think perhaps this skill should deal bonus damage to anything "alive" and reduced damage to Robots, seen as they don't have a soul and such. Enemy will drop a health orb if killed also. Base damage and explosion effected by power damage, AoE by range.

Desecrate - 50 Power - Remain similar, but have it always drop a health orb, keep the chance based loot drops.

Terrify // Aura of Dread - 75 Power - Convert terrify into an aura that follows Nekros, that effects 7/10/13/16 enemies within 15m range. Increases damage these enemies take by 15%/20%/25%/30%. Nekros and any allies within the auras field take 10%/15%/20%/25% reduced damage. Enemies effected, debuff and buff effected by power strength, duration and range.

Shadows of the Dead // Scourge of the Living - 100 Power - Nekros slams the ground with a vile energy, resurrecting 6/8/10/12 nearby corpses within 25m to fight for him. Corpses take 15% less damage, and lasts for 25/30/35/40 seconds. The same process used to revive the dead, also damage the living, causing 250/500/750/1000 damage over 4 seconds(unaffected by duration). Deals extra damage to living targets, reduced damage to robots. Enemies killed by this damage will resurrect, replacing more recent corpses if the cap is reached. Cannot resurrect robots. Number of enemies resurrected, damage reduction and damage effected by power strength. Duration of the ability is affected by duration mods. 

Passive (For if they ever implement them): Emissary of Death: deal 25% more damage with scythe weapons.

Just my thoughts, perhaps giving Nekros more of a reason to play other than that he looks badass. Probably won't see anything from it anyways.

Your thoughts are welcome :3

So much variation in how i spell effected / affected, but whatever :P

His fourth ability seriously needs a change.

Why can't the shadows of the dead summon a single or say 3 mobs that are special to Nekros, like 3 big bosses out of say 9 different ones, they are mobs only available for shadow of the dead. The power of the mobs are dependent on the number of enemies killed, more enemies killed, the stronger the Shadows of the dead summoned.

Would there be a cap? Ya 100 kills cap which would leave the mob with a timer [Mean mob level/10 x 60 seconds)  and highest level of [0.105 x number of kills x Mean mob levels], that should be the way it is. Each of the nine special boss mobs have their own special powers to aid nekros and tenno. Also rename it the Legion of the Dread/Dead.

I totally agree that Nekros is a loot machine rather than a necromancer, he needs change. I really like some of you suggestions, like the change to his 4.

The damage and resurrection thing really appeals to me. But there is a bit too much fantasy in my sci-fi. Why not make Nekros deal cold and corrosive damage, these are the most "vile" damage types imo.

But why make his 1 another 25 energy skill? Nobody uses those anyway because weapon kills are faster. I would say make it a 75 energy skill that synergized with his style:

Consume: Nekros leeches life from enemies in a 60 degree cone before him (affected by range), dealing 1100 cold/corrosive damage to enemies and distributing 20% of the damage dealt as health to the team. If Nekros has summoned shadows of the dead, each shadow will get an additional 2 seconds of lifetime for every enemy killed with this skill.

Doesn't really fit though, all frames have a 25 energy ability :/ Unique, and interesting though your idea is.

Edited by DrPandisimo

Doesn't really fit though, all frames have a 25 energy ability :/ Unique, and interesting though your idea is.

Yeah, I find the concept of having a fixed set of skills flawed, nobody uses 25 energy skills, they are worthless utility and combat wise if theyre damage skills. If every one of those had utility or cc it would be ok, but at the moment none of them is worth it. Either they need to be made cooldown and no energy cost or just taken out and useful skills have to be implemented.

Nekros is a mess right now, which is a shame because if they made him a true necromancer frame I'd probably use him as my main frame.

It's as if they weren't sure what to do with him. He has the health/shields/armor of a castor or support frame without the increased energy or at least one strong ability to keep him alive.

I like the proposed stat changes, since they'd keep him alive longer. But I still think he needs at least one good "Oh S**t!" button, and Shadows of the Dead isn't it. If they at least removed the cool down from terrify and made it spammable it would be a start. Then you would be able to get mobs off you faster when you were swarmed.

I will continue to anxiously await a Nekros rework.

Stats

Keep the reduced shields, but put it into his Power instead. Reduce his armor further if that's what's necessary.

Defense? That's what threat-eating minions are for.

Because the orbs are what anyone really thinks matters with this skill.

I recommend Viral instead; if it procs, enemies would have reduced health pools to match the drain. It's weaker on Infested but stronger against the other two, which further plays off the necromancer's "slay the leaving, leave the dead" motif.

Edited by Archwizard

Keep the reduced shields, but put it into his Power instead. Reduce his armor further if that's what's necessary.

Defense? That's what threat-eating minions are for.

Because the orbs are what anyone really thinks matters with this skill.

I recommend Viral instead; if it procs, enemies would have reduced health pools to match the drain. It's weaker on Infested but stronger against the other two, which further plays off the necromancer's "slay the leaving, leave the dead" motif.

Nekros stats, perhaps a fair assessment.

There are better abilities for defense, such as chaos, stomp etc, that take entire crowds of enemies out the game.

I think it would be a little unbalanced to have bodies spurting out mods and resources, but remember, I said keep the chance based loot drop - consider the fact you've already removed the first % chance.

Why would a necromancer have no interest in the dead?

There is just so much here that I'm going to have to reply, but for now, I gotta do my work, so I'll be back laters.

For now though, to any of you who think you're the biggest Nekros fan, you haven't met me, and if you still think you're a bigger fan then me, GET THA !@#$ OUT OF DODGE! ! !

There is just so much here that I'm going to have to reply, but for now, I gotta do my work, so I'll be back laters.

For now though, to any of you who think you're the biggest Nekros fan, you haven't met me, and if you still think you're a bigger fan then me, GET THA !@#$ OUT OF DODGE! ! !

Im not sure im that means you're going to agree with some of my points, or give me a royal bullocking. We'll see :P