The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If 'players' Acted Out The Stalker Role.. Like In Dark Souls?

DirkDeadeye

Wow, so you want to constantly fight against the stalker and not cherish/fear the moment when he appears to destroy you?

Seeing as how so many are opposed to even doing it.

The fact that I suggested the priveldege would be heavily, heavily gated.

The amount of people playing..

The amount of planets there are, and the amount of alerts we get..

1st: I dont want to be invaded cause maybe this mission is important to me or whatever. There are still people that like the simple pve game.

2nd: So you think people wouldnt dmake arrangments with others in global chat? Dont make me laugh.....

Afraid of challenge? :P

Wow, so you want to constantly fight against the stalker and not cherish/fear the moment when he appears to destroy you?

Um, I think there may be some kind of communication error here. I was suggesting that people could take alerts that would have them play as stalker in peoples' missions. As long as the rewards and the interface are done properly it wouldn't be abusable and would be much more of a challenge for the person playing as stalker.

Um, I think there may be some kind of communication error here. I was suggesting that people could take alerts that would have them play as stalker in peoples' missions. As long as the rewards and the interface are done properly it wouldn't be abusable and would be much more of a challenge for the person playing as stalker.

Ah, I see. Sorry 'bout that one but I guess that would work.

No, But I want to play warframe, not a bad Dark Souls copy just because people couldnt play other pvp games instead =)

I seriously think you're just afraid of getting mopped across the floor. You're comfortable.

Edited by jaywalker
Removed personal insult.

I seriously think you're just afraid of getting mopped across the floor. You're comfortable.

Most people in this game are. That's why there was so much butt hurt after u7.

They could also have a setting to allow people to opt out of having player controlled stalkers.

Edited by Aggh

I've been mopped across the floor in Dark Souls too many times, I don't want the same thing to happen in Warframe (f**king Black Knights)

Black Knights? I actually had an easier time with the first Black Knight I fought than with the dang Hollow Knights with rapiers, the first time I met them.

Comfortable xD Omg. That is so hilarious xD I solo every damn mission do get a challenge. I dont think you need to tell me Im comfortable xD

I see you had an idea. I dont want to be rude or something ok. Its simply that so many pvp threads are here and its just annoying that they come up day after day. I would like to see some kind of PVP as well in the future maybe. But you have to think about all the people who enjoy the PVE game(im one of them). And you simply have to seperate those 2 parts. And to be true. The focus should simply stay on the PVE, cause it was ment to a PVE game. Nevertheless, I support the idea of some kind of PVP. But not now and not by interfering with PVE players.

I've been mopped across the floor in Dark Souls too many times, I don't want the same thing to happen in Warframe (f**king Black Knights)

Black Knights are pretty manageable. The first one you meet can be cheesed/firebombed from safety, the one in Darkroot can be kicked off. Asylum V2 is entirely optional. Tomb Of The Giants is kinda difficult, but should be manageable considering the gear you're supposed to have if you're fighting Nito (or skill if you're doing a low-level run). And Kiln Of The First Flame has them as NORMAL ENEMIES.

And Black Knights are all PvE, you might have meant the disruptive, PvP Darkwraiths ;)

Black Knights are pretty manageable. The first one you meet can be cheesed/firebombed from safety, the one in Darkroot can be kicked off. Asylum V2 is entirely optional. Tomb Of The Giants is kinda difficult, but should be manageable considering the gear you're supposed to have if you're fighting Nito (or skill if you're doing a low-level run). And Kiln Of The First Flame has them as NORMAL ENEMIES.

And Black Knights are all PvE, you might have meant the disruptive, PvP Darkwraiths ;)

The Darkwraiths came afterthem, Black Knights will aways be bruned into my mind...

Comfortable xD Omg. That is so hilarious xD I solo every damn mission do get a challenge. I dont think you need to tell me Im comfortable xD

I see you had an idea. I dont want to be rude or something ok. Its simply that so many pvp threads are here and its just annoying that they come up day after day. I would like to see some kind of PVP as well in the future maybe. But you have to think about all the people who enjoy the PVE game(im one of them). And you simply have to seperate those 2 parts. And to be true. The focus should simply stay on the PVE, cause it was ment to a PVE game. Nevertheless, I support the idea of some kind of PVP. But not now and not by interfering with PVE players.

>Implying that soloing is hard

And I'll repeat it again, they could give people an option in settings to opt out of having player controlled stalkers.

Edited by Aggh

'cmon soloing is challenging? The games difficulty ratchets higher just by how much more lasers and bullets are thrown at you, and how hard they hit. No AI to date will replicate a human. That's challenge.

And I've made plenty of conessions for carebears.

So you want to troll people? Bad idea.

Doing something like this would add nothing but trouble. People want to do their missions. Not being attacked by some %&^ who simply attacks others.....

If you as the target could actually disable the "invade" option maybe. But I still dont see why I should want to be invaded....

A point from Venarge is quite interesting here.

What if before clicking on a mission map, as mentioned, you can enable/disable the invade option, having invade on gives either a boost for credits or an increased mod drop rate, or an additional random mod reward (on top of the end mission rewards already in place), having it off is just as it is now.

about us being able to make a "stalker warframe", it shouldn't be upgradeable with mods and have a fixed amount of stats. For the "invading" player, yes a credit or mod reward for killing a target (a random tenno in an invade enabled mission) that can only be used once every 2 hours, but failure to do so should have a consequence. Like not being able to use the said warframe for 24 hours and a loss of credits in your part. A betting system for this would be good as well for the invading player. Before invading someone's mission, you have to bet XXXX amount of credits with a fixed amount of multiplier for corresponding level ranges (targets ranging from Rank 0 - 10 warframes yield a 1.01 to 1.10 multiplier upon winning, whilst failure to do so cause you to lose 1.50 - 2.00 multiplier of credits bet so on and so forth)

Speaking as someone who has been vocally opposed to any large PvP element in Warframe, I would be interested in seeing something like this in the game. You would probably have to provide an opt-out option to prevent the inevitable rivers of tears, but for those who want to be kept on their toes and challenged, this could be great. It would also satisfy some people desire to test their builds, gear, and skills against other players without having to add a full-blown PvP aspect to the game.

One of the biggest problems Warframe might face is becoming predictable and repetitive, and I think randomly introducing player controlled enemies into missions would go a long way towards preventing this. It would be tricky to integrate into the game in a way that's exploitation and griefing resistant, though. A system similar to how it works now wouldn't be a bad start. Have certain actions that trigger the possiblity of a Stalker spawn, such as killing a boss, then randomly select another player in the same power range (maybe higher if the player has teammates) with a decent ping and ask if they want to assassinate the other player. The person playing the stalker would be anonymous, and their spawning in the mission would trigger some dialogue to let the other player know they're being hunted, much like it is now. If the stalker assassinates the target, they get a reward in mods or credits and XP that scales to the targets level, if the stalker is killed, he drops a mod and credits and gives XP scaled to his level.

As far as lore goes, there's no reason to believe that some Tenno haven't betrayed their race and signed up with the Grineer or Corpus as mercenaries. I think it would add a layer of depth and drama to the Tenno cause. In reality, almost no conflict is without people who lose faith or try to take advantage of the situation for personal gain.

Reconciling the player's role as the stalker with the rest of their pro-Tenno actions might be tougher, but you could just abstract it. It seems that each warframe is a distinct Tenno, so we're already playing multiple characters. Maybe you'd have to designate any warframe that can be used as a stalker as a traitor and have them only able to run missions against Grineer or Corpus, depending on which faction they defected to. Letting yourself be assimilated by the Infested might even be interesting, with you being able to only run missions against Grineer and Corpus. That's all getting a little ambitous I guess, but would really only require changing the Lotus' mission dialogue with Infested gurgling or Grineer/Corpus language and text.

Edited by Sealgaire

This has already been suggested. This game is pve, not pvp, and that's how it should stay. Lord knows they've got their hands full trying to make content and balance things even in a pve setting, I'd hate to see them try to tackle ANY form of pvp.

No thanks.

I could see it now, a Loki who's invis and waiting for you to hack a terminal before they blow you away with a super-charged HEK modded for multi-shot, damage, crit-chance, crit-damage, and an elemental damage just for all kinds of fun. Like in DkS, you'd expect something awesome, but you'd just get a bunch of Zaphander builds that are super-cheesy and no fun at all to fight against.