Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Hadron, Energy Particle Manipulator (In Progress)

Veridantus

With the new particle effect on the system, I thought I'd give another one of my ideas another go..

Description :

He's rather agile with a low health as most of his abilities are pretty much focused on energy, his shield & energy supply is pretty high. Also his skills has rather low direct dmg output with emphasis on utility & support. 

Since he is an energy particles-themed frame, I'm thinking he could have a normal body(something like ash/excalibur's), with particle-oozing-vents on his shoulder, a little bit on his back ribs, behind his elbows & ankles..

Background :
A Warframe researched & created after extensive research on energy particles. Hadron is specialized in manipulating energy particles whether it is to support his teammate or dealing damage to his enemies..

Possible Material :
Iridium, apparently used a lot in sub-atomic physics experiments(proton, electrons, physics things).. Rare, found occasionally on meteorites(source : wikipedia)..

Stats (normal/rank 30) :

Health   :  75 / 225
Shield   :  125 / 375
Armor    :  25
Energy  :  125 / 250
Speed   :   1.1
Stamina :  80

Abilities :

Stardust :
- Cost 50 energy
- Collects energy particles from his surrounding which creates a globe of dense energy particles on targeted area dealing Radiation DoT 
- Globe diameter is 2 meters
- Duration : 4/6/8/10 sec
- Deals 50 Radiation dmg per second 

Blink : 
- Cost 25 energy
- Hadron dissolves himself to move to wherever he aims in the form of energy particles & rearrange himself on his destination..
- Blinks toward wherever he aims(area)
- Invulnerable for the movement duration
- Moves in double the speed of sprinting
- Range of blink : 3/5/7/10 meters
- It is not a teleportation skill
- Does not remove aggro (blinks away but enemy's attention are still focused on him if he is targeted before blink)
- Blink goes through enemies
- Blink deals absolutely no damage

Infusion :
- Cost 75
- Infuse all of Hadron's weapon with energy covering the bullets/arrow/blade with dense energy particles, making them ignore any armor/shields on the target
- The weapons' damage stats are unchanged
- The weapons effectively ignore armor/shields by 25/50/75/100%
- At rank 4, the weapons' damage are dealt fully to health
- Adds Punch Through to weapons by 0.5/0.7/1.0/1.2
- Self buff only & does not affect teammates
- Duration : 10/13/16/20 seconds

Barrier :
- Cost 100
- Hadron unleashes a dense energy particle field in the form of a globe that expands by absorbing nearby energy particles, effectively recharging teammates shield & energy, while slowing down enemies that are caught within the field
- The field starts at 3 meter in diameter & expands at 0.5 meter/second
- The field deals 50 Radiation damage/second 
- Duration : 4/6/8/10 seconds
- Teammates inside the fields have their shields immediately starts recharging at double the recharge speed (if you get shot, the recharge stop until no damage is taken, once no damage is taken recharge immediately restarts)
- Teammates also have their energy regenerates at 2 / second
- Enemies inside the field are slowed down by 30% & their armor/shield reduced by 50%
- Energy field does NOT block any attack from outside
- Hadron cannot move for the duration of the skill (he is locked in the animation while maintaining the energy field)

Alternate Abilities :

Particle Shield :
- Cost 50
- Hadron gathers energy particles around him to form dense energy particle armor/shields on certain parts of his body, effectively hardening his shield
- Reduces damage done to shield by 10/20/30/40% (similar way with how armor reduces damage done to health)

Warp Burst :
- Cost 25
- Warps toward target(object / enemy / teammate) & bursting energy particles collected during the warp on target in a 1 meter(diameter) AoE
- Burst deals 50/100/150/200 Radiation damage in a 1 meter AoE
- Stuns the enemy on target area for 5 seconds also in a 1 meter AoE
- Works similar to blink (not a teleportation skill)
- Warp moves in 5 times sprinting speed

That's all for now.. It's still a work in progress though.. Lemme know what you guys think..

*edit :
- Reworked Energy Burst
- Increase Energy Infusion Cost & added Punch Through.
- Added alternate abilities
- Renamed & reworked some abilities mechanics
- Changed the backgrounds a bit
- Added some more descriptions
- Rebalanced the stats
- Reworked some of the abilities

My other ideas :
Blast-Themed Frame : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/186036-warframe-concept-explosive-type-frame-cannon/
Chase Mission Concept : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/187194-mission-concept-chasedestroynormal-mission-extractionalert-type/

Edited by Veridantus

Your Hadron's abilities are similar to Nova's. Sure they are different and look to be more oriented for team-play, but the whole 'manipulating sub-atomic/atomic energy paricles' theme is what Nova is doing now.

I'm sorry but which of Hadron's ability is similar to Nova's?

as for theme, Nova's a volatile anti-matter themed frame..

Mine's more energy-particle infusion type..

I'm sorry but which of Hadron's ability is similar to Nova's?

as for theme, Nova's a volatile anti-matter themed frame..

Mine's more energy-particle infusion type..

What happens when antimatter makes contact with normal matter? It releases energised particles. Nova's damage doesn't come from the antimatter itself, it comes from the energy released by annihilation.

Energy Burst's "explosive orb" description sounds like Anti-matter Drop, but with an added DoT.

Blink's long-range transportation is essentially a slow Wormhole.

Energy Field's slowing effect is like Molecular Prime's.

What happens when antimatter makes contact with normal matter? It releases energised particles. Nova's damage doesn't come from the antimatter itself, it comes from the energy released by annihilation.

Energy Burst's "explosive orb" description sounds like Anti-matter Drop, but with an added DoT.

Blink's long-range transportation is essentially a slow Wormhole.

Energy Field's slowing effect is like Molecular Prime's.

I see, thx for your input..

I'll re-think about energy burst..

For blink, I'd have to disagree.. Wormhole is essentially mass-teleport.. If we are talking similarity, I'd say the mechanic for blink is more tailwind than wormhole.

And about energy field & molecular prime, I still think they're fundamentally different skill.. only similarity is increased dmg & slow..

Thank you for your feedback, though.. :)

if more of this kind of opinion comes up, I'll rethink the skills..

I had an idea very similar to yours as well.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/189379-warframe-concept-hyperion-titan-of-the-sun-wip/

You've got some great ideas.  I love seeing these quasi-magical powers based from scientific theory.

Oh, hey, I read about your frame & like it, actually :D

I'm actually getting the ideas from watching 00 gundam series & their solar particle thingy :P

So far as the abilities go, they seem balanced and written well, but they're not game changers per-say. They'd offer damage boost that would be helpful, but I'd like to see abilities that are more unique. (Not being rude here, trying to be constructive) but the abilities currently up for the frame seem like buffed abilities from other frames, which would make abilities from those frames obsolete.

" Experimentally, hadron physics is studied by colliding protons or nuclei of heavy elements such as lead, and detecting the debris in the produced particle showers"

So basically, I'd like to see one of his abilities be smashing two balls of matter/energy together, resulting in some form of radial damage and status effects.

That's my two cents, hope something can be made of it!

Edited by (PS4)bmulligan

So far as the abilities go, they seem balanced and written well, but they're not game changers per-say. They'd offer damage boost that would be helpful, but I'd like to see abilities that are more unique. (Not being rude here, trying to be constructive) but the abilities currently up for the frame seem like buffed abilities from other frames, which would make abilities from those frames obsolete.

" Experimentally, hadron physics is studied by colliding protons or nuclei of heavy elements such as lead, and detecting the debris in the produced particle showers"

So basically, I'd like to see one of his abilities be smashing two balls of matter/energy together, resulting in some form of radial damage and status effects.

That's my two cents, hope something can be made of it!

Thank you very much for the feedback~

I admit that some of the abilities (like stardust or blink) are a little bland.. 

I will consider your idea & try to make something out of it..