Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi Auto Fire Rate

PeyEll

So a lot of the semi-auto weapons in the game have fire rates that far exceed the average clicking speed of a human (about 5 clicks per second). Granted, you can bind your mouse wheel to fire, but this takes away your ability to use the scroll wheel for other things like power selection. Also, if your mouse is like mine, this doesn't actually increase your firerate since you can only do so many clicks per drag. The other popular solution is to use macros, which I understand the devs don't necessarily frown upon for this game, but I am leery of using such macros on my system at all. I just don't understand why you would design your game such that marcros are needed to realize the full potential of some weapons.

Here are some possible solutions.

1: Provide a built in autofire feature for semi automatics that can be activated in the options menu. Ideally, it would also have the option to autofire only when not zoomed in or to autofire when zoomed in or out.

2: Provide the above autofire feature, but make it selectable for each weapon individually in the weapon upgrade screen for instance. This would require more coding but would let you put your akvasto's to full auto and keep your primary weapon semi auto.

3: Provide a feature where dual wield pistols fire twice in one click at half the fire rate. Again, it may be useful to have it revert to one shot per click while zoomed in. Could also be weapon specific like idea #2 so your akmagnus fires twice in a click but you can choose to have your dual broncos fire once per click without having to change your settings every time you switch weapons in your arsenal.

4: Provide a DE approved optional autofire macro as part of the game that can be switched on or off with a bound hotkey.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I checked the history briefly but I am fairly new to the forum.

i have a much better idea.

a Semi-Auto Weapon that will easily achieve a faster RoF than is humany possibly (goddamnit AkBolto's, nobody can click 25 times a second), just make them freaking Auto.

as it is, in order to use such Weapons effectively you need to use a Macro. you shouldn't need a Macro to fire a gun. 

3: Provide a feature where dual wield pistols fire twice in one click at half the fire rate. Again, it may be useful to have it revert to one shot per click while zoomed in. Could also be weapon specific like idea #2 so your akmagnus fires twice in a click but you can choose to have your dual broncos fire once per click without having to change your settings every time you switch weapons in your arsenal.

not just RoF, but also atLEAST double the Kick. if not also some actual Recoil. but it could be nice to have, as long as it has downsides like that. firing two shots at the same time can't be as 'easymode' as Semi-Auto is, since it's effectively more Lead on target at once.

basically turning a Dual Weapon into a two round burst style. accurate on target, but needs time to settle because of the extra force.

Or just set your second fire button as scroll up and just keep scrolling up...

LOL I never thought of that.

And also it is semi auto for a reason if you put auto fire on semi auto weapons it will just make it a slower automatic weapon. I like semi auto weapons in games usually because they are more accurate packing more of a punch . And I pull triggers like a hair trigger so I dont really mind spam clicking

Or just set your second fire button as scroll up and just keep scrolling up...

I actually addressed that in my initial post. Scrolling does not increase the fire rate for me since my mouse wheel only gets in a few clicks per drag and drags take longer than a click. Maybe I could get a better mouse that registers more clicks with the same degrees of rotation, but I also like having my mousewheel being used for power selection. I think using a mouse wheel for firing is a non-intuitive work-around we shouldn't have to perform. Anyway, I found other threads that discuss this issue in much more detail so go check them out.