Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does This Game Get Difficult At Lower Levels?

touchmyoldsnake

Me and two of my friends are currently playing through the game, and it doesn't seem bad at all, with the class diversity and teamwork required. However, we kinda blew through all the missions we've done so far and each of us only died once or so. My question is, does the game actually get hard where you need to play really well, or can I just play cautiously and keep steamrolling everything, because honestly, I find that very boring.

The game does get more difficult as you continue on, but it mostly depends on the mods that you are able to find.

If you know how to stay back and be careful you wont have that much trouble outside of boss rooms, though there are times when that doesnt work, such as the grineer commanders forcing you into the middle of a group of enemies.

Again it depends on your mods and weapons, but a defense mission or running some bosses takes some work with some challenges once you get to the higher level ones.

if you want a good fun time run a few defense missions. They start out easy but by around waves 10 to 15 things start to get harder and you have to think more of the abilities you have and when to use them.

Cautious playing will make some of the missions easier, but there are times its still difficult and fun, such as seeing a large group of shockwave moas sneak up on you somehow.

Edited by Tsukinoki

This game does require some grinding, though.

Very true to that.

I dont want to think of how many times I've killed sargus ruck for some orokin cells. Thank the gods that I am perfectly happy with my ash so I dont have to grind a boss dozens of times to get the bps for it.

Think of the game as Diablo2 + Mass Effect. You progress to higher level areas, get loot (drop table isn't fixed, yet), get better mod, etc. So don't worry, it gets harder.

Mainly new enemy types are introduced in higher areas. You'll face Grineer minigunner, Grineer napalm, Grineer bombadier and the Troll commander. Quite fun actually.

Think of the game as Diablo2 + Mass Effect. You progress to higher level areas, get loot (drop table isn't fixed, yet), get better mod, etc. So don't worry, it gets harder.

Mainly new enemy types are introduced in higher areas. You'll face Grineer minigunner, Grineer napalm, Grineer bombadier and the Troll commander. Quite fun actually.

You missed out on the one that's the most fun though! The Grineer Seeker! /s

Seriously, Im glad that they temporarily removed the nervos from the game, as I have had that disable a full team before.

The rollers arent that bad if you're prepared for them but they can get annoying.

In this case, though, the game grinds you!

Speaking of which, who wants to tell this guy about Grinders?

Those horrid things.

I guess I'll do the...honors....

Grinders are small balls that seekers, a special grineer unit, sends out.

They are small orbs that roll along the game, extend spikes and then jump at you, staggering you. And they can come at you in small herds potentially stun-locking you to death.

They can come out of no where, are small, fast, damage resistant and pack a punch. And until you kill the seekers sending them out they wont stop coming after you.

Best idea is to climb onto a box where they cant jump up to hit you, or use the jump slam ability of your weapons to kill it, but if you are ganged up on by five or more of them then may the devs have mercy on you.

basically the missions from rank 0-20 are usually easy, when you start hitting the 30's and up it gets a bit tough because the AI start hauling heavily modified gear as well as bosses that just WONT DIE!

hell me and three other friends fought a Jackal level 50 in an assasination Alert, we got him down to 1/4th his life before he started firing Missiles and Grenades every second instead of his usual stomp on the ground tricks.

Those horrid things.

I guess I'll do the...honors....

Grinders are small balls that seekers, a special grineer unit, sends out.

They are small orbs that roll along the game, extend spikes and then jump at you, staggering you. And they can come at you in small herds potentially stun-locking you to death.

They can come out of no where, are small, fast, damage resistant and pack a punch. And until you kill the seekers sending them out they wont stop coming after you.

Best idea is to climb onto a box where they cant jump up to hit you, or use the jump slam ability of your weapons to kill it, but if you are ganged up on by five or more of them then may the devs have mercy on you.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. If there are monsters that can instagib me with ease, then that tells me the game will actually be a challenge later on. This was my greatest concern. Good to know :)

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. If there are monsters that can instagib me with ease, then that tells me the game will actually be a challenge later on. This was my greatest concern. Good to know :)

Just dont be surprised when you are switch teleported by a grineer commander and then stun-locked by them while enemies whittle you away and you're helpless.

The seekers have one more attack: Nervo sphere.

Its currently removed pending a rebalance and bug-fix but it would only work in group play. What it would do is attach to your warframe and make you completely useless and hunched over in pain until either A) you died, or B) your allies were able to shot/cut it off of you. And besides making you helpless it drained your shields away.

Oh, everyone forgot our favorite Ancients. Infest faction elite mobs are the Ancients. We have disruptor ancient which has the attack that drain all your shield and energy in one hit. Toxic ancient that fart so hard that the Tenno lose their health because of the smell. Along with the charger, Zergling-size enemy with HP of an Ultralisk.

Love them all.

Oh, everyone forgot our favorite Ancients. Infest faction elite mobs are the Ancients. We have disruptor ancient which has the attack that drain all your shield and energy in one hit. Toxic ancient that fart so hard that the Tenno lose their health because of the smell. Along with the charger, Zergling-size enemy with HP of an Ultralisk.

Love them all.

And then the Ancient Healer.

Often overlooked but if you get enough of them grouped together they can make it a real pain in the a$$ to kill the other infested.

Love them all.

Man, those Ancients are such insane bullet sponges that a Resident Evil boss would tell them to ease up on the player and just die already. I pump 6 shots from my Strun modified for +damage, +fire rate, and + fire damage (not enough energy for Multi-shot) and do piddly damage if all the pellets hit his torso. Yet if I do the same to the final boss of Jupiter, I get like over 200 damage or so per shot and a full magazine will actually do a huge chunk of damage to the Golem.

Man, those Ancients are such insane bullet sponges that a Resident Evil boss would tell them to ease up on the player and just die already. I pump 6 shots from my Strun modified for +damage, +fire rate, and + fire damage (not enough energy for Multi-shot) and do piddly damage if all the pellets hit his torso. Yet if I do the same to the final boss of Jupiter, I get like over 200 damage or so per shot and a full magazine will actually do a huge chunk of damage to the Golem.

My strun, which has max +damage and + elemental damage mods, as well as firing rate and multishot, still takes 3 shots to murder a Toxic or Disruptor.

My strun, which has max +damage and + elemental damage mods, as well as firing rate and multishot, still takes 3 shots to murder a Toxic or Disruptor.

Mine isn't quite at that point just yet. It's not even at Rank 20, and farming for the right mods is taking more time than I'd like.