Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Founders Pack Exclusivity Is Hard To Defend

Sniperoth

Got this box of knee pads with the same prime gold trimming and these napkins with the lotus symbol, yall can take these into the next thread when you are gobbling on that good founder D.

And you can whine more about how you can't get the Founders exclusives.

LOL the sound addition was neat but we know they like the bad boys, they are that stupid.

Seriously though what I meant was : dont take anything for granted.

Always in motion, the future is.

Only ones who can see the future perfectly, forum posters are.

Edited by Kalenath

or people can grow up stop trying to be greedy and live with the fact that they will never get the founders pack

plus if the founders pack was there for people to show their support towards this game in its earlier days why would it be released again? Cause honestly I hardly see anyone trying to support this game anymore all the community wants to do is b**** and complain cause dev's arnt giving everyone what they want when they want it. So if it was released again the only reason 90% of the people would end up buying it is not to show support but because they want the exclusive items that were included in it

Cause the game has had early days on the ps4 too?In fact we are still in our early days going by PC analogy.

Because the pc team has hundreds of people working on it and the ps4 just a handful?

Because the game was terribad for the console standard when it released?

Because simple hotfixes take a month to come by?

Because way less people have a ps4 than the amount of ppl that have a pc, meaning a much greater risk for someone investing their money on the ps4 version, that cannot even be migrated by the way?

Just face it NONE and I mean NONE of you have made a single valid point as to why ps4 players shouldnt be given the chance, even more so when you consider all of the aforementioned points.

If the ps4 wasnt profitable the money they invested on it would go down the drain, it is people like the ones that come here and complain that make it profitable, so excuse me for expressing my opinion.

Also, they said you wouldnt get another shot at it, and if they do the honorable act of releasing this on the ps4 they will still stay true to their commitment, because you still wont be able to get it, and ps4 accounts cannot be migrated, so there you go.

If I were given opportunity, I would go back and prevent myself from buying founders, since back then there were delusions that founder forum would been relevant instead of voting on some sound files. Not that it means that we are even listened.

What is with these founder topics all the time?

There's a handful of weapons that came out and have been taken down before I even played warframe but I don't cry about it.

I threw $250 at something that wasn't 100% guaranteed to be stay.   I got a Lato Prime and a Skana Prime with Excal P.

There's way better weapons that came out but don't anymore.

Its not the end all be all.

>Months later, game is still in beta (and looks like it will still be in beta indefinitely)

We already know more or less where the dev's want the game to be before they take the beta name off of it. I don't understand why people say it'll be in beta indefinitely. With a serious face anyway.

@dantevincent all you just did was prove my point

Good, cause your point is absolutely meaningless, calling people greedy, lol, pointless point is pointless.

But thank you for proving my point, that none of you can provide a single valid reason as to why ps4 players dont deserve the chance to buy it.

Good, cause your point is absolutely meaningless, calling people greedy, lol, pointless point is pointless.

But thank you for proving my point, that none of you can provide a single valid reason as to why ps4 players dont deserve the chance to buy it.

A decent point it: You guys didn't 'Found' anything.

If anything, WE founded the PS4 Version, where do you think the money for THAT came from?

Because DE has decided that is what they promised and they mean to keep it. There is no need for more than this. "Valid reasons" are often subjective and you have made it clear that nothing will meet your standards unless you get what you want. You don't have to like it, just like I don't have to like the decision to stop the Tenno reinforcements but it is not your game nor is it mine. You can vote with your time and your wallet but playing this game or even contributing to it monetarily doesn't make it yours.

A decent point it: You guys didn't 'Found' anything.

If anything, WE founded the PS4 Version, where do you think the money for THAT came from?

Oh, so you guys founded everything, pc, ps4, there must be thousands of you out there.

Sorry pal WE fund the ps4 version, on the present, because we play it and make it profitable, and it costs them almost nothing to do so.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

Do you go on kick starter and demand backer rewards after the goal was met even though you did nothing to fund it?

Because you're doing essentially the same thing here.

Do you go on kick starter and demand backer rewards after the goal was met even though you did nothing to fund it?

Because you're doing essentially the same thing here.

It is clearly not the same thing and if it was I would be -on your side- (damn thing dont let me use quotation marks), there was a very insightful topic on the ps4 specific feedback showing lots of contradictions in the timeframe it was availabe, how it was delayed for SEVERAL months, but less than 2 weeks before the ps4 launch they pulled the plug.

Was it a first month thing for you guys you would never see me doing this, that i can assure you.Anyways I will rest my case for i have expressed my opinion and your take and NevanChamber's on it was mature.

if ANY part of the founders become craftable, I will return my headban and t-shirt and get a refund. Paid $250...for the exclusive things, not my fault that it ends and you didn't decide faster on the purchase. If you joined in later you obviously aren't going to just magically get rewarded for joining late. I earned my "special" equipment with a job and time. Not to just join yesterday and have everything handed to me. Frankly I don't care if the game stays in "beta", quit crying because you didn't seize the moment. This game ain't a union.

Oh, so you guys founded everything, pc, ps4, there must be thousands of you out there.

Sorry pal WE fund the ps4 version, on the present, because we play it and make it profitable, and it costs them almost nothing to do so.

You continue funding but you did not in fact found anything. The startup capital for the ps4 version was more than likely from the success of the PC version.

Edit: it is possible they were congruent but it seems unlikely.

Edited by NevanChambers

How is it pointless if im stating an actual fact, when you keep nagging for items you >want< not >need< it is considered greed. Everything about the founders pack is nothing that no one needs because everything in it is basically just vanity items since there are better alternatives that everyone can obtain through the game.

And not prove a single valid reason?

1.) There are no p2w items included in the founders pack

2.) Dev's gave a fair amount of time for it to be purchased by pc players (does not pertain to ps4 players)

3.) ps4 version was not around when warframe had almost nothing in it (meaning 1 map tile set and very few frames) ps4 version was released when a ton more content was produced meaning there is no way you should even deserve a founder's pack because there is no way you could even be considered a founder of the game? And I'm guessing that if you own a ps4 you own pc meaning you could have easily joined warframe on pc long ago and got ur founders pack then transferred over to the ps4.

4.) You will just never be able to get it no matter how much you cry

I heard during one of the dev streams that Warframe was officially out of beta.  I believe it was the one right around November 5th 2013 right after the founder program ended.  Steve said Warframe is out of beta.  Isn't that why Warframe is going against full released game at this very moment on mmobomb F2P showdown?  If the statement was taking back, ok that's fine, but I don't see why founders needs to be taken back too?  The purpose behind a "founders" program is to get a boost in money to launch a game that's in it's early stages, like kick starter.  Did the founder's program successfully do that?  Yes, Warframe, in beta or not, has been successfully founded in order to get a head start and is now fully walking on it's own two feet.

Personal, I find it a great honor to have found this game into the state that it is today and hope for it's ut-most success in the future.  It's great to give a company money because you feel they deserved it, but when you notice a good thing early on and found it without knowing that it's a great think and I am will to put my money to it in order to increase it success chance if only by a bit.  That is a bit different and I feel that is a reserved feature.  If you love Warframe, go ahead and spend money of platinum, get stuff in game, and support your favorite company.  Founders is different and it should stay locked away for the select few I feel.

There is one exception though.  The founders forms.  This form should stay locked away for only the most loyal of all warframe individuals.  I very much feel that is a wise decision.  However, for one such as my self and some others to turn into those loyal Tenno that wish to help their company that one extra bit, there should be some such way.  Founder's should stay locked and the in game stuff you get from it as well.  However, there should be a way to buy your self into the Founder's forms, maybe $150.00?  Pricey? Indeed it is and should stay that way.  From all the ideas out there that DE would love to listen to, they can only listen to so many.  It is a way to prove you devotion to Warframe.  Call it a cult, cool kids club, or what ever you want.  The founder's forms is not a game thing and not for everyone, so there is no reason anyone should care about it, except the select few.  You want to prove you one of those few, that's how you do it, $150.00.  If you really did want to get into the Founder's forms, you shouldn't mind spending that money anyway, because it's going towards something you care about.

I heard during one of the dev streams that Warframe was officially out of beta.  I believe it was the one right around November 5th 2013 right after the founder program ended.  Steve said Warframe is out of beta.  Isn't that why Warframe is going against full released game at this very moment on mmobomb F2P showdown?  If the statement was taking back, ok that's fine, but I don't see why founders needs to be taken back too?  The purpose behind a "founders" program is to get a boost in money to launch a game that's in it's early stages, like kick starter.  Did the founder's program successfully do that?  Yes, Warframe, in beta or not, has been successfully founded in order to get a head start and is now fully walking on it's own two feet.

Just so everyone is clear:

http://i.imgur.com/Z1Xbd6s.png

Warframe is still in beta.

Edited by Zerrien

I have one: It was said it would be never available again, and as soon as account migration comes to exist, there is a way for it to exist on PS4, and a way for founders to be on PS4, so if a founder migrates, and then is slapped in the face with "we lied! it's available again", that is a problem.

Counter point: Provide a single, solitary, valid reason as to why PS4 players deserve it. We all know you can't, it's just a matter of how much you type while proving it.

If DE really needed the money and if people really wanted to support them, DE could just release another 'founders pack', it can have same or different perks to the original founder pack (the contents of the pack would be highly debated). Besides, there is no doubt this game is still in development, there are some people willing to give DE the funding to do so.

Edit: I really don't mind it being re-released or not. The gear provided is merely for E-Peen purposes and if people want to wave it around go ahead, it affects me in no way at all. People need to stop QQ-ing about the issue, it only creates a divide between the community and nurtures hostility.

Edited by WhiteJadeite

I have one: It was said it would be never available again, and as soon as account migration comes to exist, there is a way for it to exist on PS4, and a way for founders to be on PS4, so if a founder migrates, and then is slapped in the face with "we lied! it's available again", that is a problem.

Counter point: Provide a single, solitary, valid reason as to why PS4 players deserve it. We all know you can't, it's just a matter of how much you type while proving it.

PS4 players didn't get a chance to become a Founder, as it was over before the PS4 version launched.

How is it pointless if im stating an actual fact, when you keep nagging for items you >want< not >need< it is considered greed. Everything about the founders pack is nothing that no one needs because everything in it is basically just vanity items since there are better alternatives that everyone can obtain through the game.

And not prove a single valid reason?

1.) There are no p2w items included in the founders pack

2.) Dev's gave a fair amount of time for it to be purchased by pc players (does not pertain to ps4 players)

3.) ps4 version was not around when warframe had almost nothing in it (meaning 1 map tile set and very few frames) ps4 version was released when a ton more content was produced meaning there is no way you should even deserve a founder's pack because there is no way you could even be considered a founder of the game? And I'm guessing that if you own a ps4 you own pc meaning you could have easily joined warframe on pc long ago and got ur founders pack then transferred over to the ps4.

4.) You will just never be able to get it no matter how much you cry

It is pointless because saying someone is greedy doesnt add up to the discussion of whether or not those items should be on the ps4.I can say you are greedy too, many founders expressed their wish for it to be available to ps4 players and even other pc players.That at least adds some spice to the discussion, unlike you calling me greedy, pictured it?

1)Nobody said there was, no game dev today, in their right minds do p2w, doesnt change the fact something is not being offered in another platform when it should accordingly to paying customers, and other business examples, many others, in fact.

2)Contradicting the whole point of funding the game, how come someone who played the game a week before me is a founder and I am not?Because they say so.Ok, very strong point.

3)That I will give to you, despite the fact console players dont give a damn about pc games, let alone expect they will come to their platform with less content, just further proves my last point, a joined the game A WEEK after some people bought their founder packages, so we were basically playing the same game.

4)Nah, not crying, thats not even my native language, I use forums to entetain myself and practice the respective language, i will still play the game unless they really drop the ball, even the way they manage the whole situation is good, otherwise crying would be in the form of quitting, which is what you do to bad things.