Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Korean Font Readability Issues

pumpkinhead

I was gonna take a look at it yesterday but the download would just not work for us, we tried from a few connections but the download keeps timing out with a network error. 

Do you know of  any other download mirror I could get this from?

First of all, I would like to thank you for trying to look into this. I could imagine you opening a webpage full of language you've probably never seen before and struggling to figure out what this is all about. 

So let me help you with the link provided on the 2nd post  ( http://www.seoul.go.kr/v2012/seoul/symbol/font.html )

Apparently "English" option at the top bar looks like its available but its not. (tested in Kitchenr, CA) 

y1Rbkbs.jpg

If you click on Auto-install under TTF at the bottom, it will start downloading a zip file with broken title.

Don't worry, you are not gonna lose your job for doing this.

Double click on the zip file after download and you should see some TFF files looking like the screenshot below.

bIYF4SL.jpg

I think someone in this thread wanted SeoulNamsan fonts......

--------------------------

p.s. I'm living in Kitchener right now so every download/page loading attempts were made in Eastern Canada.

(used chrome)

However, if it still does not work for you due to internal network security policy or whatever reason, just let us know so that we can discuss and come up with something to report/suggest to you.

Maybe we can try to upload this zip file into some file sharing websites and have you download it.

Edited by Xeratul

There are also free Korean fonts from NAVER, one of the biggest portal/search engine in Korea. 

However, the download page does not even "pretend" to have an English version of the page and even worse it gives you .exe installation package instead of zip archive of TFF files. 

I am willing to write a sketchy manual for it as I did on my previous reply if the Seoul-Typeface font fails.

Leaving the link here just in case 

http://hangeul.naver.com/font

I agree with this suggestion.

I think "Names and natures do often agree!"

We can make merry at the playing Warframe more If we can use new korean fonts. =)

저는 이 제안에 찬성해요

보기 좋은 떡이 먹기도 좋은 법 아니겠어요?

우리가 새로운 폰트를 사용할 수 있다면, 워프레임을 더 즐겁게 즐길 수 있을 거에요. =)

+1

It would also be nice if we can type Korean when the game is set on English instead of getting *****stars.

I am STRONGLY against this even if I am Korean myself.

Don't want to see bunch of stupid Korean kids typing Korean on English channel and whats even worse is that these kind of dumb a$$es often feel patriotic and proud of themselves by doing so.

This is one of the reasons why Koreans are banned in few individual hosted servers like minecraft ... etc.

Don't want to leave bad impression about Koreans in this game at least.

English only on English clients. Please.

Ediconum got me the fonts, I still couldn't download myself, for some reason the download would always time out even from home.

I guess, That is causing by Seoul city hall's server. The server is Easily connectable in Korea. But it's not designed for connect from foreign countries.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Every time I see this thread I feel ashamed, I haven't taken the time to do this, the last few months have been kind of insane... But it's in my mind and I will do this!!

i love you pablo

i wish i could just give you a big HUG