Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Talk About The Glaive

Demon_Mask

I feel that for a such iconic weapon (from dark sector) and having its own "exclusive" mods that the glaives have been made pretty lacklustre, even the prime. To explain, why would anyone use the glaives when they have the exact same stats as the kestrel which also boasts knock down and faster speeds. so i am here to suggest a direct mod-less (going to talk about some mod ideas in another post) buff to the glaives to give theme some love.

Here is what i suggest:

Boost charge damage to at least 125 (preferably 150)

actually implement the codex description of the glaives "the blades are as deadly in close combat as when thrown" (buff normal attacks to at least 25

Buff the status chance to 15.

these pretty small changes will actually make a massive impact on how the glaives compare to the kestrel with it's fast speed and knockdown by making it exactly what it should be, more damagey!

On a side note, I am interested to see how melee 2.0 will affect the glaives, personally i am hoping for the ground slam animation to change to throwing the glaive at the ground.

Kestrel is superior because of its utility. Kestrel is cheap.

yes you can boost damage for glaive but this weapon will remain just as useless as it is now.

However i wanna see how melee 2.0 will affect throwing weapons.

I feel that for a such iconic weapon (from dark sector) and having its own "exclusive" mods that the glaives have been made pretty lacklustre, even the prime. To explain, why would anyone use the glaives when they have the exact same stats as the kestrel which also boasts knock down and faster speeds. so i am here to suggest a direct mod-less (going to talk about some mod ideas in another post) buff to the glaives to give theme some love.

Here is what i suggest:

Boost charge damage to at least 125 (preferably 150)

actually implement the codex description of the glaives "the blades are as deadly in close combat as when thrown" (buff normal attacks to at least 25

Buff the status chance to 15.

these pretty small changes will actually make a massive impact on how the glaives compare to the kestrel with it's fast speed and knockdown by making it exactly what it should be, more damagey!

On a side note, I am interested to see how melee 2.0 will affect the glaives, personally i am hoping for the ground slam animation to change to throwing the glaive at the ground.

Don't forget to add a Mastery Requirement of 8 to make it fair.

Kestrel is superior because of its utility. Kestrel is cheap.

yes you can boost damage for glaive but this weapon will remain just as useless as it is now.

However i wanna see how melee 2.0 will affect throwing weapons.

That is kind of the point of asking for the Buffs - why would they even bother with a prime version, or to even carry it over from D.S. and make it kinds useless. a buff to the damage would make me happy 75- 125 or 150 is pretty significant if you use a crowd control element like gas or electric, ad as i said, i am going to do a post with some mod ideas that will boost the utility (i do realise the kestrel will use these too)

What about glaive multishot

not exactly sure how this could work.... and i was talking about direct non mod buffs

Just restore Power Throw...

i was talking about direct non mod buffing. HOWEVER i completely agree that power throw should currently DOUBLE its current max effect

The Glaive is a pretty cool guy and not afraid of anything.

Yeah the thing could use something more special besides being one of two throwing weapons.

But Melee 2.0 is there Soon tm  so maybe there is no real point talking about it.

The Glaive's charge damage is actually 150, the ingame stats seem to be wrong. It's still not a great melee weapon though, unfortunately. I think one of the reasons for that is the need to use at least 2 mod slots to modify its behavior (Quick Return, Power Throw, you can generally skip Whirlwind on the Glaive Prime).

Hopefully Melee 2.0 will make it more viable.

I think Quick Return should be the default behavior (no bounces). Glaive is like the only weapon in the game where you have to burn a mod to strip a functionality that hurts more than it helps.

Damage needs to be way, way, WAY higher. Glaive cannot compete with melee weapons for kill speed because you can kill 15-20 enemies in the time it takes the Glaive to come back; Glaive cannot compete with guns for kill speed because it's 150 damage on a weapon you throw out every 2-3 seconds.

It's pretty much the worst of both worlds with only upside being a ranged weapon that has no ammo concern.

Edited by konfetarius

I think Quick Return should be the default behavior (no bounces). Glaive is like the only weapon in the game where you have to burn a mod to strip a functionality that hurts more than it helps.

This. For added fun, change the behavior of Rebound so that instead of the Glaive just randomly bouncing wherever, it adds a slight "home-in" ability that makes it bounce in the direction of a nearby enemy after hitting a surface. It can still miss a fast moving target, but it'd be a great way to hit enemies behind cover. Upgrading it would allow it to chain to multiple enemies. This would make the bounce function actually viable and not a hindrance to the Glaive (plus with Melee 2.0's damage multiplier each consecutive could get stronger and stronger).

Anyway, I personally find the Glaive does a decent amount of damage up till around t level 40ish when modded with the right elements, but I'll give this thread a +1 nonetheless since I honestly couldn't say no to making the Glaive even better.

Edited by Paradoxbomb